- Michael McCormack (Australian politician)
Michael McCormack Member of the Australian Parliament
Incumbent Assumed office
21 August 2010
Preceded by Kay Hull Personal details Born 2 August 1964
Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality Australian Political party National Party of Australia Spouse(s) Catherine Children Three Residence Wagga Wagga Occupation Politician Profession Former Editor, Journalist and Director. Website http://www.michaelmccormack.com.au/
Michael Francis McCormack (born 2 August 1964), an Australian federal politician, is a member of the Australian House of Representatives representing the seat of Riverina, New South Wales for the National Party of Australia, elected at the 2010 federal election.
Early years and background
Prior to entering Parliament, McCormack was the editor of the The Daily Advertiser in Wagga Wagga until 2002. McCormack went on to sue the Riverina Media Group for unfair dismissal in 2003 and settled out of court for a undisclosed amount.
McCormack was the director from 1994-2003 and official historian from 1994-2010 for the Murrumbidgee Turf Club.
- ^ "Michael's Employment History". Michael McCormack. http://michaelmccormack.com.au/about-michael/michael-s-employment-history/. Retrieved 24 August 2010.
- ^ "Michael McCormack chosen as candidate for Riverina". Nationals blog. National Party of Australia. 24 May 2010. http://www.nationalparty.org/News/Blogs/tabid/103/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/5277/Michael-McCormack-chosen-as-candidate-for-Riverina.aspx. Retrieved 23 August 2010.
- ^ "Former editor accepts out-of-court settlement". Australian Newspaper History Group Newsletter (University of Queensland) (24): 9. October 2003. http://espace.library.uq.edu.au/eserv/UQ:10871/anhg24.pdf. Retrieved 24 March 2011.
- ^ Glover, Ben; Higgins, Ben (23 August 2010). "Michael's the man". The Daily Advertiser (Fairfax Media). http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/news/local/news/general/michaels-the-man/1920434.aspx. Retrieved 23 August 2010.
- ^ "First Preferences and Two Candidate Preferred - Riverina". 2010 federal election. Australian Electoral Commission. 21 August 2010. http://vtr.aec.gov.au/HouseDivisionFirstPrefs-15508-250.htm. Retrieved 23 August 2010.
- ^ "Michael McCormack MP Member for the Riverina". The Nationals NSW. http://nsw.nationals.org.au/our-team/the-nationals-team/mr-michael-mccormack.html. Retrieved 24 March 2011.
Parliament of Australia Preceded by
Member for Riverina
Incumbent Current Members of the Australian House of Representatives from New South Wales LaborAnthony Albanese · Sharon Bird · Chris Bowen · David Bradbury · Tony Burke · Jason Clare · Greg Combet · Justine Elliot · Laurie Ferguson · Joel Fitzgibbon · Peter Garrett · Sharon Grierson · Jill Hall · Chris Hayes · Ed Husic · Stephen Jones · Mike Kelly · Robert McClelland · Daryl Melham · John Murphy · Deborah O'Neill · Julie Owens · Tanya Plibersek · Michelle Rowland · Janelle Saffin · Craig Thomson Liberal Nationals Independent
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.