- Michael Hayden (actor)
Michael Hayden (July 28, 1963) is an actor who has appeared both on the stage and on television.
Hayden appeared in several productions at the Roundabout Theatre Company, New York, including The Matchmaker (1991) and All My Sons (1997). At the Lincoln Center Theater he appeared in Far East (1999) and the musical Dessa Rose (2005).
Hayden made his Broadway debut in the role of "Billy" in the 1994 Broadway revival of Carousel, for which he won the Theatre World Award and was nominated for the Drama Desk Award, Outstanding Actor in a Musical. He also played the role in the Royal National Theatre production in London in 1993, receiving an Olivier Award nomination for Best Actor in a Musical.
For his work in the 2001 Broadway revival of Judgment at Nuremberg he received the Tony Award nomination as Best Featured Actor in a Play. He played "Prince Hal" in Henry IV opposite Kevin Kline in 2003. He appeared in the play Festen on Broadway in 2006.
In 2010 he played the roles of both "Henry V" and "Richard II" at the Shakespeare Theatre Company, Washington, DC. Hayden has appeared at the Shakespeare Theatre Company in many works over the years.
Hayden has appeared on the television series Law & Order, Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, as well as Hack.
Hayden starred in the title role of William R. Pace's 1999 film Charming Billy as Jeremiah William Starkman, a commingling of Charles Whitman and Charles Starkweather who shoots random people off a rural water tower and reflects on the incidents in his life that led up to it. Hayden's portrayal won the Best Actor award at the AFI/LA Film Festival.
- The Dog in the Manger - Shakespeare Theatre Company, 2009
- 'Tis Pity She's a Whore - American Conservatory Theater (San Francisco), 2008
- Festen - Broadway, 2006
- Henry IV - Broadway, 2003
- Enchanted April - Broadway, 2003
- Merrily We Roll Along - Kennedy Center, 2002
- Judgment at Nuremberg - Broadway, 2001
- Coriolanus - Shakespeare Theatre Company, 2000
- Camino Real - Shakespeare Theatre Company, 2000
- Cabaret - Broadway (replacement), 1999, and West End, 2006
- Sweet Bird of Youth - Shakespeare Theatre Company, 1998
- Carousel - Broadway, 1994
- ^ Jones, Kenneth.Michael Hayden Among Cast of Language of Trees for Roundabout Underground" playbill.com, August 26, 2008
- ^ Hayden listing at Internet Off-Broadway Database lortel.org, retrieved December 5, 2010
- ^ Richards, David."Review/Theater; A 'Carousel' for the 90's Full of Grit and Passion"The New York Times, March 25, 1994
- ^ Hischak, Thomas.The Rodgers and Hammerstein Encyclopedia (2007) The Rodgers and Hammerstein Encyclopedia, Greenwood Publishing Group, ISBN 0313341400, p. 40
- ^ "Official London Theatre listing, 1993 Olivier Awards", officiallondontheatre.co.uk
- ^ Brantley, Ben."Falstaff and Hal, With War Afoot"The New York Times, November 21, 2003
- ^ Brantley, Ben."Haunting Memories of Daddy Dearest in 'Festen'"The New York Times, April 10, 2006
- ^ Marks, Peter."Michael Hayden as Richard II & Henry V: For the Bard, at last, a great American"The Washington Post, March 17, 2010
- ^ Gans, Andrew."Hayden, Hurd, Turner and Sabin Cast in Shakespeare Theatre Company's 'Dog in the Manger'" playbill.com, January 22, 2009
- ^ Jones, Kenneth."Music-Infused 'Tis Pity She's a Whore, with Augesen and Hayden, Begins at A.C.T." playbill.com, June 5, 2008
- ^ "Merrily We Roll Along production history, Kennedy Center, 2002 sondheimguide.com, retrieved December 5, 2010
- ^ Rose, Lloyd. "'Camino Real': Freighted Fable; Tennessee Williams Play Falters Under Its Own Weight", The Washington Post, June 6, 2000, p. C1
- ^ Nathan, John."West End Revival of Kander and Ebb's Cabaret Begins Sept. 22" playbill.com, September 22, 2006
- ^ Brantley, Ben. "THEATER REVIEW;Tarnished Goddess, Alloy of Iron and Pain", The New York Times, July 8, 1998, Section E; Page 5; Column 1
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Michael Hayden — may refer to: Michael Hayden (artist), artist Michael Hayden (general), former NSA director, former CIA director Michael Hayden (actor), stage and television actor Mike Hayden, Kansas governor See also Michael Haydn, Austrian composer All pages… … Wikipedia
Michael — puede referirse a: Michael, nombre de pila de varón, equivalente a Miguel . Contenido 1 Personajes con el nombre Michael 2 Desambiguación de nombre y apellido 3 En la ficción … Wikipedia Español
Hayden — may refer to: *Hayden Panettiere, an American actress, known for playing Claire Bennet on the NBC program Heroes *Joseph Haydn, eighteenth century composer *Matthew Hayden, Australian cricketer *Hayden Christensen, Canadian actor (played Anakin… … Wikipedia
Hayden — El apellido Hayden corresponde a: Contenido 1 Lugares 2 Personalidades 3 Personajes de ficción 4 Véase también Lugares … Wikipedia Español
Michael Osborne — See also: Michael Osborne (actor) Michael Osborne Personal information Full name Michael Osborne … Wikipedia
Hayden (surname) — Hayden is a surname, and may refer to:Family name name = Hayden pronunciation = | meaning = Irish place name heg hay + denu valley region = | origin = related names = footnotes = * Benjamin Hayden, American lawyer and politician * Bill Hayden,… … Wikipedia
Michael Dorman — Nacimiento 26 de abril de 1981 (30 años) Auckland, Nueva Zelanda Ocupación actor Año debut 2001 presente Pareja Aimy Chin (2006 presente) Hijo/s … Wikipedia Español
Michael Imperioli — Imperioli in June 2007 Born James Michael Imperioli March 26, 1966 (1966 03 26) (age 45) Mount Vernon, New York … Wikipedia
Michael Chekhov — Mikhail A. Chekhov, 1910s Born Mikhail Aleksandrovich Chekhov 29 August 1891(1891 08 29) St. Petersburg, Russian Empire … Wikipedia
Michael Rosenbaum — Michael Rosenbaum, 20 de agosto de 2006 Nombre real Michael Rosenbaum Nacimiento 11 de julio de 1972 (39 años) … Wikipedia Español