Menksoft (Mongolian: Müngqe Gal / Müngge Gal, lit. "inextinguishible flame"; Chinese: 蒙科立, Pinyin: Měng Kē Lì, lit. "Mongol·Technology·Self-support") is an IT company in Inner Mongolia, who developed Menksoft Mongolian IME, the most widely used Mongolian language IME in Inner Mongolia.
Menksoft was established in May 2002 by S. Soyolt (Chinese: 苏·苏雅拉图; Pinyin: Sū. Sūyǎlātú). In 2003, it was evaluated as a major software enterprise of Inner Mongolia and one of the 20 largest private enterprises in Hohhot. In 2004, it gained the Gold Prize of INT'L Soft China 2004. It is currently supported by the Chinese government.
Menksoft holds close ties with the Inner Mongolia University for Nationalities. The Mongolian website of Inner Mongolia University for Nationalities is tl.menksoft.com under the Menksoft webhost menksoft.com.
Input method series and their code
The Mongolian code used in Menksoft Mongolian IMEs has become the de facto international code of Mongolian: the largest competitor of Menksoft in Mongolian script input domain - Saiyin - wrote a "howto" for Saiyin users to use Saiyin code and Menksoft code in parallel, and says "What would you do if you've already installed and registered Saiyin IME, but you want to contribute for newspaper office? They do only accept Menksoft code. Saiyin has already settled this problem for you: ..." on a page of its website called " How to use Saiyin IME with Menksoft in parallel".[dead link]
Besides the integrated code converter in Menksoft Mongolian IME, there're also a standalone version converter which can convert almost every Mongolian script code, except Unicode.
- Input method series
The Menksoft IMEs are a collection of Input method editors (IMEs) for typing Mongolian-related scripts such as Mongolian script, Uyghurjin script, Manchu script, and Xibe script.
Menksoft Mongolian Input method series
Menksoft Mongolian IME is the only free and widely used IME of Menksoft.
Supported scripts include Mongolian script, Uyghurjin script, Manchu script, Xibe script, etc.
With the influence of Chinese input methods built-in whole sentence input pattern, the focus of Menksoft Mongolian IME is not placed on a Mongolian keyboard layout, but on phoneme pattern input methods, as they are more commonly used for Chinese language text.
- For the standard Unicode keyboard layout of Menksoft, see Menksoft Mongolian Phoneme Input Methods.
- For the word pattern IME of Menksoft, see Menk Mongolian Whole-Word Input method
Unicode was late to provide adequate support for the Mongolian script, where the fist and as of 2009 only functional implementation is shipped with Windows Vista. This resulted in some popularity for the Menksoft IMEs in Inner Mongolia, where even the local government web sites uses them.[Ref 1][Ref 2][Ref 3]
There is an English interface of Menksoft Mongolian IME, but Menksoft did not build an English installation program. So occidentals must bear the Chinese installation programs (maybe even mojibake), and set the language settings to English interface through the language bar after installation.
Menk Mongolian Whole-Word Input method
Based on several researches, Menk Mongolian Whole-Word Input method (Chinese: 蒙科立蒙古文整词输入法 or 传统蒙古文整词智能化输入输出系统) is said to be the first word input pattern input method for 拼音文字 (a concept including alphabet (linguistic definition), abugida and semi-syllabary, excluding syllabary) in the world.
In this input method, you can type fewer letters than Menksoft Mongolian IME. For example, "sainjiyaga" in Menksoft Mongolian IME becomes "saijyg" (result is ); "erdemtu" becomes "eedt" (result is ); the word "Mongol" can be input by typing "mc;gv".
Unlike Menksoft Mongolian IME, the whole-word input method is not a freeware, it is a professional and educational edition.
Supported scripts are Mongolian script, clear script, Manchu script and Xibe script.
Menksoft Mongolian Phoneme Input Methods
Supported scripts are Mongolian script, Uyghur style Mongolian script (Proto-Mongolian script, Mongolian written in Old Uyghur alphabet by Tatar-Tonga), Clear script, Manchu script, Xibe script, and Mongolian Cyrillic script Mongolian script.
Menksoft Khitan small script application system
Menksoft Kazak IME
Menksoft International Phonetic Input method
A related keyboard.
Menksoft Content Management System
- Embedded fonts of Menksoft Mongolian IME
- Menksoft Garqag
- Menksoft Hara
- Menksoft Hawang
- Menksoft Qagan
- Menksoft Scnin
- Menksoft (Menksoft.tte) default EUDC font ("end-user-defined character"), the only font support not only Hudum Mongolian, but also Todo, Manchu, Sibe, Uyghurjin, Phags-pa, Soyombo, Horizontal Square, etc. Not selectable in font list.
The "Menksoft Qagan" is the standard font and looks similar to Menksoft.tte and Mongolian Baiti. Qagan (a.k.a. Chagan) means white in Mongolian.
- Mongolian WPS Office 2002
Menksoft Ethnical RedFlag Linux
- ^ "内蒙古自治区蒙科立软件有限责任公司" (in Simplified Chinese). http://passport.sme.gov.cn/member/3966190202104977.card. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- ^ "内蒙古自治区首批电子政务重点软件企业" (in Simplified Chinese). http://www.menksoft.com/CommunityModules/ArticlesH/ArticlesViewH.aspx?pageID=0&ItemID=13484&mid=3445&wversion=Staging. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- ^ "第八届中国国际软件博览会金奖" (in Simplified Chinese). http://www.menksoft.com/CommunityModules/ArticlesH/ArticlesViewH.aspx?pageID=0&ItemID=13479&mid=3445&wversion=Staging. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- ^ "政府信息公开-包头市信息化工作领导小组办公室2008年工作要点" (in Simplified Chinese). Archived from the original on 00:11:58 GMT, 2009-6-15. http://18.104.22.168/search?q=cache:Uane5ISu2IUJ:www.baotou.gov.cn/zfxxgkDetail.aspx%3Ftbtype%3Dpubinfo%26ID%3D128%26DepID%3D43+%E8%92%99%E7%A7%91%E7%AB%8B+%E6%94%BF%E5%BA%9C&cd=20&hl=zh-CN&ct=clnk&gl=cn&st_usg=ALhdy2_JQVQpQcZynjbat0NcZc1xVE4TWA. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- ^ http://www.saiyin.net/onews.asp?id=157
- ^ Founder, Saiyin (Sain-Old, Sain-New), Ming'antu, Has, NMG-HHHT-ZNDN, Mongolian Culture CMs of Mongolia
- ^ S. Soyolt; BAI Shuangcheng, LIU Yue (2005-08-31). "Research on Development of Repeated Code Words Intelligent Selection Output Method in Mongolian Whole Words Input Method" (PDF). Bulletin of National Natural Science Foundation of China 20 (2): 97. http://www.geochinese.com/info/periodical/liter/6/2006/2/97.pdf. Retrieved 2009-06-12.
- ^ Menk Mongolian Whole-Word Input method (Chinese (PRC))
- ^ Baidu Zhidao
- ^ Chinese Help File of Whole-Word & Phoneme(Not Menksoft Phoneme IMEs) IME
- ^ Including Menksoft Mongolian Phoneme Input Method, Menksoft TUOTE Input Method (Todo script), Menksoft Manchu Input Method, Menksoft XIBO Input Method (Xibe script), Menksoft Slav Mongolian Input Method and Mongolian Uyghur style Mongolian Phoneme Input Method
- ^ a b Menksoft Mongolian "Yinma" Input method
- ^ Menksoft International Phonetic Input method
- ^ http://nmgshkxy.nmgnews.com.cn/system/2010/04/06/010411038.shtml
- ^ Ethnical Linux
- ^ 内蒙古蒙科立软件有限责任公司——“和我国第一个基于LINUX汉文操作系统的少数民族多文字办公套件”
- ^ "Inner Mongolia, China" (in Mongolian language). Inner Mongolia government. http://www.omjms.gov.cn. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- ^ "Ordos" (in Mongolian language). Ordos government. http://mng.ordos.gov.cn/. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- ^ "Bayingol" (in Mongolian language). Bayingol government. http://mon.xjbz.gov.cn/. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Menksoft (Chinese (PRC))
- English Introduction (English)
- A guide for installation for Menksoft Mongolian IME 2008 (German)
- A website run by Menksoft (Chinese (PRC)) and (Mongolian)
- Mongolian WPS Office 2002 Professional Edition (193MB), Unofficial Tiny Edition (45.5MB)
- Possibly Menk Mongolian Whole-Word IME, Guide PDF (in traditional Mongolian)
- (Chinese) Menksoft Mongolian IME
- (Mongolian) Menksoft Mongolian IME (The English advertisement is the download link)
- (Chinese) (Mongolian) Mongolian site by Menksoft
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Menksoft Mongolian IME — Not to be confused with Menksoft IMEs. Not to be confused with Menksoft Mongolian IMEs. Menksoft Mongolian IME 2008 Menksoft Mongolian IME is an input method editor (or IME) made by Menksoft for typing Mongolian writing systems such as: Mongolian … Wikipedia
Тодо-бичиг — ᡐᡆᡑᡆ ᡋᡅᡔᡅᡎ Тодо бичиг Тип: консонантно вокалическое письмо Языки … Википедия
Mongolian script — For the traditional alphabet used specifically to write Mongolian, see traditional Mongolian alphabet. Mongolian … Wikipedia
Oirat language — Oirat ᡆᡕᡅᠷᠠᡑ ᡘᡄᠯᡄᠨ Oyirad kelen … Wikipedia
Écriture soyombo — Alphabet mongol traditionnel Le Soyombo, symbole dérivé de l écriture mongole traditionnelle. Caractéristiques Type Alphabet Langue(s) … Wikipédia en Français