- Men of a Certain Age
Men of a Certain Age Genre Comedy-drama Created by Mike Royce
Starring Ray Romano
Lisa Gay Hamilton
Opening theme "When I Grow Up (To Be a Man)" by The Beach Boys Country of origin United States Language(s) English No. of seasons 2 No. of episodes 22 (List of episodes) Production Executive producer(s) Cary Hoffman
Producer(s) Victor Hsu (line producer) Editor(s) Kevin D. Ross Running time 43 minutes Broadcast Original channel TNT Picture format 16:9 Original run December 7, 2009– July 6, 2011 External links Website
Men of a Certain Age was an American comedy-drama television series, which premiered on TNT on December 7, 2009. The hour-long program starred Ray Romano, Andre Braugher and Scott Bakula as three best friends in their late forties dealing with the realities of middle age. The show ran for two years, ending in 2011. It won a Peabody Award in 2010. On July 15, 2011, TNT cancelled the series after two seasons.
The series follows the bonds of friendship among three life-long friends – Joe, Owen and Terry – who are now in their late 40s. (The Joe and Terry characters turn 50 in Season 2.) Joe (Ray Romano) is a slightly neurotic separated father of two (Brittany Curran as Lucy, and Braeden Lemasters as Albert) who had hoped to become a pro golfer but now owns a party supply store, and has a gambling addiction. Owen (Andre Braugher) is an overstressed, diabetic husband and father, who manages a car dealership owned by his father (Richard Gant), a former NBA player. Terry (Scott Bakula) is a struggling actor who sells cars at Owen's dealership to make ends meet. He has never married, and usually dates much younger women.
- Ray Romano as Joe Tranelli
- Andre Braugher as Owen Thoreau, Jr.
- Scott Bakula as Terry Elliot
- Lil' JJ as Dashaun
- Emily Rios as Maria
- Lisa Gay Hamilton as Melissa Thoreau
- Richard Gant as Owen Thoreau, Sr.
- Brittany Curran as Lucy Tranelli
- Braeden Lemasters as Albert Tranelli
- Eddie Shin as Carl
- Carla Gallo as Annie
- Brian J. White as Marcus
- Matt Price as Lawrence
- Michael Hitchcock as Dave
- Kwesi Boakye as Jamie
- Albert Hall as Bruce
- Patricia DeLeon as Joe's Fantasy Woman
- Jon Manfrellotti as Manfro
- Melinda McGraw as Erin Riley
- Penelope Ann Miller as Joe's ex-wife, Sonia Tranelli
- Robert Loggia as Joe's father, Artie
In March 2008, TNT announced that it had ordered a pilot based on a script written by Ray Romano and Mike Royce. Both men had previously worked together on Everybody Loves Raymond. Andre Braugher and Scott Bakula were announced in June and July, respectively, to also star in the series with Romano. In January 2009, TNT ordered 10 episodes of Men of a Certain Age. It is Bakula's first series as a regular cast member since Star Trek: Enterprise, Braugher's first regular role since Thief ended in 2006, and Romano's first series since Everybody Loves Raymond wrapped in May 2005. Men of a Certain Age premiered on TNT on December 7, 2009. It was given a TV-MA-L rating because of strong language. On January 14, 2010 TNT renewed the show for a second season, which premiered on December 6, 2010. The second season was aired in two batches of six episodes each.
On July 15, 2011, TNT announced that they would not be renewing Men of a Certain Age for a third season.
Awards and Nominations
- Andre Braugher nominated in 2010 for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
- Andre Braugher nominated in 2011 for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
- 2010 Peabody Award Winner
- ^ Fernandez, Sofia M. "Hollywood laments Men of a Certain Age cancellation." Article at hollywoodreporter.com on July 15, 2011. 
- ^ a b Seidman, Robert (July 15, 2011). "TNT Cancels 'Men of a Certain Age'". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/07/15/tnt-cancels-men-of-a-certain-age/98148/. Retrieved July 15, 2011.
- ^ Becker, Anne (March 31, 2008). "TNT Orders Ray Romano Pilot Men of a Certain Age". Broadcasting & Cable. http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/101667-TNT_Orders_Ray_Romano_Pilot_Men_of_a_Certain_Age.php. Retrieved 2009-03-29.
- ^ "TNT Orders Pilot for Drama Series Men of a Certain Age, Starring Emmy Winner Ray Romano". April 1, 2008. http://www.rayromano.com/news/article.asp?id=95. Retrieved 2009-03-29.
- ^ "Andre Braugher joins TNT pilot". The Hollywood Reporter. 2008-06-04. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i58f212ecd7895426474b4cd6940cc7da. Retrieved 2009-01-20. [dead link]
- ^ "Bakula back on TV in Romano pilot". New York Post. 2008-07-11. http://www.nypost.com/seven/07112008/tv/bakula_back_on_tv_in_romano_pilot_119313.htm. Retrieved 2009-01-20. [dead link]
- ^ Schneider, Michael (July 10, 2008). "Scott Bakula joins TNT's 'Men'". Variety. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117988734.html?categoryid=14&cs=1. Retrieved 2009-03-29.
- ^ Frankel, Daniel (January 12, 2009). "TNT greenlights Ray Romano series". Variety. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117998390.html?categoryid=14&cs=1. Retrieved 2009-03-29.
- ^ "TNT orders Ray Romano's 'Men' to series". The Hollywood Reporter. 2009-01-12. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i64ab5b30222e725f5d9a7d39b49381d8. Retrieved 2009-01-18. [dead link]
- ^ Lowry, Brian (December 4, 2009). "Men of a Certain Age". Variety. http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117941729.html?categoryid=32&cs=1. Retrieved December 8, 2009.
- Men of a Certain Age at TV.com
- Men of a Certain Age at the Internet Movie Database
- Men of a Certain Age on Super Channel
TNT programming 1981–1990 1991–2000 2001–2010 Current UpcomingABC (current) · AMC · CBS (current) · CW · E! · Fox · FX · HBO · OWN · NBC (current) · Showtime · Starz · TBS · TNT · USA
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Men of a Certain Age — Género Comedia dramática País de origen Estados Unidos Producción Dirección Scott Winant Emisión Cadena original TNT (canal de TV) … Wikipedia Español
Men of a certain age — Genre Comédie dramatique Créateur(s) Mike Royce Ray Romano Acteurs principaux Ray Romano Scott Bakula Andre Braugher Pays d’origine … Wikipédia en Français
List of Men of a Certain Age episodes — The following is a list of episodes from the TNT dramedy Men of a Certain Age. The series premiered on December 7, 2009. The series was renewed for a second season, which debuted on December 6, 2010. As of July 8, 2011 (2011 07… … Wikipedia
Age of Enlightenment — Age of Reason redirects here. For other uses, see Age of Reason (disambiguation) … Wikipedia
Age d'argent des comics — Âge d argent des comics Dans le domaine des comics, l Âge d argent est le nom donné à la période située entre la fin des années 1950 et le début des années 1970. Elle succède à l âge d or Pendant cette période, le ton est marqué par la science… … Wikipédia en Français
Age of Fire — Cover from Dragon Champion Dragon Champion Dragon Avenger Dragon Outcast Dragon Strike Dragon Rule (one more planned) Author … Wikipedia
Age of Apocalypse — Éditeur Marvel Comics Fréquence mensuel Format Série limitée crossover Date(s) de publication 1995 1996 Numéros 39 Personnages principaux … Wikipédia en Français
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures — North American cover Developer(s) Funcom Publisher(s) Funcom Eidos Interactive … Wikipedia
Age of Mythology: The Titans — Developer(s) Ensemble Studios Publisher(s) Microsoft Game Studios … Wikipedia
Âge d'argent des comics — ██████████27 … Wikipédia en Français