- Melodies from Mars
Melodies from Mars Studio album (unreleased) by Aphex Twin Released Unreleased Recorded 1995 (redone in 2007) Genre Electronic Length 45:25 Producer Richard D. James Aphex Twin chronology Donkey Rhubarb (EP) (1995) Melodies from Mars (1995) Hangable Auto Bulb (1995)
Melodies from Mars is a collection of unreleased tracks by Richard David James, better known under his pseudonym Aphex Twin. Although James has never admitted authorship of this supposedly unofficial album, at least two of its tracks are alternate versions (possibly demo versions) of tracks featured on the subsequently released Richard D. James Album (1996). According to Mike Paradinas, the collaboration album Mike & Rich was partially inspired by Melodies From Mars. Some tracks on the album also bear resemblance to those of Analogue Bubblebath 5. The Aphex Twin Community claims that "Men in black suits" (Rephlex) asked them to remove MP3 excerpts of this album from their web site. This appears to lend credence to the theory that Melodies from Mars is indeed a work by Aphex Twin. It is commonly believed that Melodies from Mars was given to some of Richard's friends on cassette tapes. Other than these tapes, the only place to find this music is through online P2P file-sharing.
There is an alternate version of the album, illegally released by Unreal Records solely to Russia, circulating the internet. It is missing the below mentioned version of "Logan Rock Witch." The song title remains, but the audio is to "Untitled 7".
In an interview with Another Man, Richard stated "I’ve got six [albums] completed ... one is Melodies from Mars, which I redid about three years ago." This suggests that the album may eventually be released at some point in the future.
No. Title Length 1. "Track 1" 3:19 2. "Fingerbib (Demo)" 4:16 3. "Track 3" 2:20 4. "Track 4" 4:14 5. "Track 5" 5:14 6. "Track 6" 3:52 7. "Track 7" 4:04 8. "Logan Rock Witch (Demo)" 4:21 9. "Track 9" 4:33 10. "Track 10" 5:12 11. "Track 11" 2:55 12. "Track 12" 1:30
- The version of "Fingerbib" on Melodies from Mars is longer than the version on Richard D. James Album.
- Versions of tracks 6 and 7 were used in the beginning of David Firth's animation ALAN
- The version of "Logan Rock Witch" is different than the version on Richard D. James Album.
- A version of track 10 was used in David Firth's claymation short Hollowhead.
- David Firth has acoustically covered Untitled 10.
- Track 12 features samples of plucked strings from "Girl/Boy Song" (track 9 on Richard D. James Album), though it does not develop into anything closely resembling the final track.
- Richard D. James – synthesizer, producer
- ^ "Illegal Distribution". http://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Melodies-From-Mars-Unreleased/release/1878914.
- ^ "Interveiw With RDJ". http://www.self-titledmag.com/home/2010/10/28/aphex-twin-says-he-has-six-albums-done-including-melodies-from-mars-and-some-field-recordings/.
- ^ "ALAN at fat-pie.com". http://www.fat-pie.com/alan.htm.
- ^ "Hollowhead at fat-pie.com". http://www.fat-pie.com/hollowhead.htm.
- Melodies from Mars on discogs.com, with pictures
- Unofficial release of Melodies from Mars on discogs.com, with pictures
Richard D. James As Aphex TwinStudio albumsEPs/singlesCompilationsPromotionals As AFX As The Tuss (Speculated)Studio albumsEPs/singles As Polygon WindowStudio albumsEPs/singles As Power-Pill As Bradley Strider As Caustic Window As GAK As Mike & Rich Universal Indicator UnreleasedQ-Chastic EP · Green Calx · Joyrex Tape · Caustic Window album · Reconstruction · Analogue Bubblebath 5 · Melodies from Mars Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Melodies From Mars — Album par Aphex Twin (Richard D. James) Sortie 1995 Enregistrement 1995 Genre(s) Musique électronique Producteur(s) Richard D. James … Wikipédia en Français
Melodies from mars — Album par Aphex Twin (Richard D. James) Sortie 1995 Enregistrement 1995 Genre(s) Musique électronique Producteur(s) Richard D. James … Wikipédia en Français
Melodies from Mars — Album par Aphex Twin (Richard D. James) Sortie 1995 Enregistrement 1995 Genre Musique électronique Producteur Richard D. James … Wikipédia en Français
From First to Last — Pays d’origine États Un … Wikipédia en Français
Mars & Roses — Studio album by Misia Released February 11, 2004 Recorded … Wikipedia
The in Sound from Way Out! (Perrey and Kingsley album) — Infobox Album | Name = The In Sound From Way Out! Type = Album Artist = Perrey and Kingsley Released = 1966 Recorded = 1965 1966 Genre = Electronic music Label = Vanguard Records Next album = Kaleidoscopic Vibrations (Spotlight on the Moog)… … Wikipedia
Women Are from Venus, Men from Anus — Infobox Album | Name = Women Are from Venus, Men from Anus Type = Album Artist = Paska Released = April 27, 2005 Recorded = 2005 Genre = Rock Length = 35:24 Label = Riemu Producer = Not produced Reviews = * [http://www.noise.fi/ Noise.fi] (4/5)… … Wikipedia
List of Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies characters — This is an incomplete list of Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies characters. Contents 0–9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z B … Wikipedia
Mad as a Mars Hare — Mad as a Mars Hare, a Warner Bros. Merrie Melodies cartoon was released on October 19, 1963. This theatrical cartoon was directed by Chuck Jones and Maurice Noble and featured the voices of Mel Blanc as Marvin the Martian, and of course Bugs… … Wikipedia
Shadow Hearts: From The New World — Shadow Hearts From the New World Éditeur Aruze (Japon) XSEED Games (États Unis) GhostLight (Europe) Développeur … Wikipédia en Français