- Meddle Tour
Meddle Tour Tour by Pink Floyd Start date 15 October 1971 End date 20 November 1971 Legs 1 Shows 26 Pink Floyd tour chronology Atom Heart Mother World Tour
Dark Side of the Moon Tour
The 1971 Meddle tour was a short concert tour by British band Pink Floyd. Commenced on October 1971 and ended on November of that year. It was intended to promote their new album Meddle in the United States, although some of the album material had been played months before the album release, a common practice by the band. The set list was varied, playing material from many of their previous albums, some of them never played again by the band.
A typical set list during this stage of 1971 would include most of the following:
- "Fat Old Sun"
- "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun"
- "Atom Heart Mother"
- "One of These Days"
- "Careful with that Axe, Eugene"
- "A Saucerful of Secrets" (occasional)
- "Blues" (occasional)
- David Gilmour – guitar, vocals
- Roger Waters – bass, vocals
- Richard Wright – keyboards, vocals
- Nick Mason – drums
North American Tour dates
- 15/10/1971: Winterland Ballroom - San Francisco, CA
- 16/10/1971: Civic Center - Santa Monica, CA
- 17/10/1971: Golden Hall - San Diego, CA
- 19/10/1971: National Guard Armory - Eugene, OR
- 21/10/1971: Willamette University - Salem, OR
- 22/10/1971: Paramount Theatre - Seattle, Washington
- 23/10/1971: Vancouver Gardens - Vancouver, BC
- 26/10/1971: Ford Auditorium - Detroit, MI
- 27/10/1971: Auditorium Theater - Chicago, IL
- 28/10/1971: Hill Auditorium - Ann Arbor, MI
- 31/10/1971: Field House - Toledo, OH
- 02/11/1971: McCarter Theater - Princeton, NJ
- 03/11/1971: Central Theater - Passaic, NJ
- 04/11/1971: Lowes Theater - Providence, RI
- 05/11/1971: Assembly Hall - New York City, NY
- 06/11/1971: Emerson Gymnasium - Cleveland, OH
- 08/11/1971: Peace Bridge Center - Buffalo, NY
- 09/11/1971: Centre Sportif - Montreal, QC
- 10/11/1971: Pavillon de la Jeunesse - Quebec City, QC
- 11/11/1971: Orpheum Theatre - Boston, MA
- 12/11/1971: Irvine Auditorium -Philadelphia, PA
- 13/11/1971: Convention Hall - Asbury Park, NJ
- 14/11/1971: Gymnasium - Stony Brook, NY
- 15/11/1971: Carnegie Hall - New York City, NY
- 16/11/1971: Lisner Auditorium - Washington D.C.
- 19/11/1971: Syria Mosque - Pittsburgh, PA
- 20/11/1971: Taft Theatre - Cincinnati, OH
- Brain Damage.co.uk
- Pink Floyd Archives
- KPPC-FM INTERVIEW of NICK MASON and RICK WRIGHT on October 16, 1971
Meddle Related articlesMeddle Tour Songs
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Meddle — This article is about the Pink Floyd album. For the song by Little Boots, see Meddle (song). For a definition of the word meddle , see the Wiktionary entry meddle … Wikipedia
Dark Side of the Moon Tour — World tour by Pink Floyd Associated album The Dark Side of the Moon Start date 17 January 1972 End date 04 November 1973 … Wikipedia
The Division Bell Tour — Tour by Pink Floyd Associated album The Division Bell Start date March 30, 1994 End date October 29, 1994 Legs … Wikipedia
Pink Floyd — This article is about the rock band. For the fictional character, see Pink Floyd (fictional character). Pink Floyd … Wikipedia
One of These Days (Pink Floyd song) — One of These Days Single by Pink Floyd from the album Meddle B side … Wikipedia
David Gilmour — For other people named David Gilmour, see David Gilmour (disambiguation). David Gilmour Gilmour playing his iconic black Fender Stratocaster in concert in Munich, Germany on 29 July 2006 … Wikipedia
The Dark Side of the Moon — This article is about the album by Pink Floyd. For other uses, see Dark side of the Moon. The Dark Side of the Moon … Wikipedia
One of These Days — «One of These Days» Сингл Pink Floyd … Википедия
A Momentary Lapse of Reason — Studio album by … Wikipedia
Nick Mason — in 2004. Background information Birth name Nicholas Berkeley Mason Born 27 January 1944 … Wikipedia