- Matthew Wood (sound editor)
At the 2005 Canadian National Expo.
Born Matthew Russell Wood
August 15, 1972
Walnut Creek, California, United States
Occupation Sound engineer, voice actor
Matthew Wood (born August 15, 1972) is an American sound engineer and employee of Skywalker Sound. For the last 15 years, he has worked on numerous film projects, his work being credited as sound editing and sound design. He has been an innovative force within the industry, pioneering new technologies for motion picture sound. He is currently the Supervising Sound Editor employed at Skywalker Sound in Marin County, California.
Wood worked on the all three films of the Star Wars prequel trilogy as supervising sound editor and also did an uncredited acting portion in The Phantom Menace as Bib Fortuna and the voice of Ody Mandrell. In Attack of the Clones he played Seboca and Magaloof. In Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, in addition to a brief appearance as Orn Free Taa, Wood plays the voice-role of General Grievous, a role originated by voice-actors John DiMaggio and Richard McGonagle in the series Star Wars: Clone Wars, in the movie, he dubbed the voice of stunt-man Kyle Rowling who played General Grievous utilizing motion capture.
He would later come back to Star Wars and work with the Star Wars Expanded Universe. He reprised his voice-role of General Grievous in General Grievous Halloween audiocast as well as all video game appearances of Grievous with the exception of Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron where Grievous was played by David W. Collins uncredited. He reprised his role as General Grievous and the battle droids in the TV series Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie and its spin-off TV series. In the series Wat Tambor, 3D, Senate Guards, Commando droid and Poggle the Lesser in the series.
Star Wars Filmography
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace - Bib Fortuna, Ody Mandrell, voices of Battle droid's
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones - Seboca, Magaloof, voices of Battle droids
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - Grievous, voices of battle droids
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (video game) - General Grievous, voices of Battle droids
- General Grievous Halloween audiocast - General Grievous
- Star Wars: Battlefront II - General Grievous
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (TV series) - General Grievous, Wat Tambor, Senate Guards, BX-series droid commando, Poggle the Lesser
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes - General Grievous (Nintendo version), voices of Battle droids
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels - General Grievous, voices of Battle droids
- ^ "The Clone Wars Episode Guide: Storm Over Ryloth". http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/guide/episode019.html.
- ^ a b c "The Clone Wars Episode Guide: Hostage Crisis". http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/guide/episode022.html.
- ^ "Get Star Wars Autographs at Comic-Con". http://www.starwars.com/fans/news/20090713news.html.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Matthew Wood — may refer to: Matthew Wood (King of Corporate Sourcing),King of Corporate Sourcing at a Fortune 500 company Matthew Wood (sound editor), American sound editor and voice actor Matthew Wood (cricketer, born 1977), English cricketer with Glamorgan… … Wikipedia
Matthew Wood — (* 15. August 1972 in Walnut Creek, Kalifornien) ist ein US amerikanischer Tontechniker und Synchronsprecher. Er arbeitet zur Zeit bei Skywalker Sound und entwickelte einige Neuerungen für den Motion Picture Sound … Deutsch Wikipedia
Matthew Wood — En la Exposición Nacional canadiense de 2005. Nacimiento 15 de agosto de 1972 Walnut Creek, California Matthew Wood es un premiado editor de sonido de S … Wikipedia Español
Matthew Todd — is a playwright, stand up comedian and journalist. He is the author of the critically acclaimed play Blowing Whistles and is currently the editor of the UK gay magazine Attitude and was nominated by the British Society of Magazine Editors as Best … Wikipedia
Skywalker Sound — Infobox Company company name = Skywalker Sound company company type = Subsidiary company slogan = foundation = 1975 location = Lucas Valley, near Nicasio, California. key people = George Lucas Leslie Ann Jones num employees = parent = Lucasfilm… … Wikipedia
Academy Award for Sound Editing — The Academy Award of Merit for Best Sound Editing is an Academy Award granted yearly to a film exhibiting the finest or most aesthetic sound editing or sound design. The award is usually received by the Supervising Sound Editors of the film,… … Wikipedia
Under Milk Wood — A statue in Swansea s Maritime Quarter representing Thomas s fictional Captain Cat Under Milk Wood is a 1954 radio drama by Welsh poet Dylan Thomas, adapted later as a stage play. A movie version, Under Milk Wood directed by Andrew Sinclair, was… … Wikipedia
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith — This article is about the film. For the video game, see Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (video game). Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith … Wikipedia
Mark Maclaine (director) — Mark Maclaine Mark Maclaine with bass. Mid 2004. Background information Birth name Mark Maclaine Also known as … Wikipedia
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe — For the novel by C.S. Lewis, see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. For other uses, see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (disambiguation). The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe Theatrical Poster … Wikipedia