- Matthew Jarvis (poker player)
Matthew Jarvis Nickname(s) Jarfish (PokerStars)
jarfish (Full Tilt)
JARFISH (Absolute Poker)
Matt Jarvis (Full Tilt)
Hometown Surrey, BC Born c. 1985
World Series of Poker Bracelet(s) 1 Final table(s) 2 Money finish(es) 3 Highest ITM
Main Event finish
8, 2010 Information accurate as of 2011-07-03.
Matthew "Matt" Jarvis is a Canadian professional poker player from Surrey, British Columbia, known for his November Nine appearance in the 2010 World Series of Poker. He earned his first World Series of Poker bracelet at the 2011 World Series of Poker.
In 2010, he opted not to participate in most of the preliminary World Series of Poker (WSOP) events. Instead he participated in several no limit hold 'em events at the June 2010 Venetian Deep Stack Extravaganza III, placing in the money in three of them. At the 7319-player 2010 World Series of Poker US$10,000 World Championship No Limit Hold'em Event 57 (2010 WSOP Main Event), he entered the final table in fifth place. During the interim between the main summer WSOP events and the November Nine final table he earned a Canadian Open Poker Championship victory in the August 23, 2010 64-player CAD 4,600 No Limit Hold'em - Heads-Up Championship, earning the CAD 100,000. He also had an in the money finish with a 40th place in the September 17, 2010 World Series of Poker Europe 582-player GB£1,075 No Limit Hold’em Event 3 for a prize of GB£2,747. Then, he made his November Nine appearance at the final table of the 2010 WSOP Main Event, earning his first WSOP in the money finish and US$1,045,743 for eight place. He was eliminated after getting 9♣ 9♥ all-in preflop, falling behind on the flop and turning a full house, but losing to a higher rivered full house against Michael Mizrachi's A♦ Q♦ when the cards ran Q♠ 8♦ Q♣ 9♠ A♠.
Jarvis plays online under the name Jarfish (with variations on the upper and lower cases at different poker networks). He has numerous five-figure online victories and in 2011 established his online career high prize with a victory in the 387-player July 23, 2011 $2000+100 Absolute Poker - UBOC16 $750K GTD High Roller No Limit Hold 'em Tournament for a prize of $193,500.
World Series of Poker
World Series of Poker bracelets Year Tournament Prize (US$) 2011 $5,000 No Limit Texas hold 'em - Six Handed $808,538
Jarvis currently has three WSOP in the money finishes (2011-1, 2010 E-1, 2010-1). Jarvis earned his first World Series of Poker Bracelet at by winning the 732-player $5,000 2011 No-Limit Hold'em / Six Handed Event 40 for a prize of US$808,538. It was his tenth career WSOP event and the victory made him the third November Nine player (after Eric Buchman and Phil Ivey) to win a bracelet in the following year's WSOP.
- ^ a b "Matthew Jarvis". TheHendonMob.com. http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=105686. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- ^ "2010 Venetian Deep Stack Extravaganza III: Event 12 - No-Limit Hold'em". Card Player. http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tournaments/3115-2010-venetian-deep-stack-extravaganza-iii/406679/results. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ^ "2010 Venetian Deep Stack Extravaganza III: Event 18 - No-Limit Hold'em". Card Player. http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tournaments/3115-2010-venetian-deep-stack-extravaganza-iii/406685/results. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ^ "2010 Venetian Deep Stack Extravaganza III: Event 25 - No-Limit Hold'em". Card Player. http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tournaments/3115-2010-venetian-deep-stack-extravaganza-iii/406692/results. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ^ Wise, Gary (2010-07-19). "Meet the 2010 WSOP November Nine". ESPN. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker/columns/story?columnist=wise_gary&id=5390285. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- ^ "2010 41st Annual World Series of Poker: Event #57: No-Limit Hold'em Championship (Day 8 Update)". WSOP.com. 2010-07-18. http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/updates.asp?rr=5&grid=764&tid=10878&dayof=1455. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- ^ "C$ 4,600 No Limit Hold'em - Heads-Up Championship". TheHendonMob.com. http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=45548. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- ^ "2010 World Series of Poker Europe: Event #3: No Limit Hold’em". WSOP.com. http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/results.asp?grid=767&tid=10971. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- ^ "2010 41st Annual World Series of Poker: Event #57: No-Limit Hold'em Championship (Day 9 Update)". WSOP.com. 2010-11-07. http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/updates.asp?rr=5&grid=764&tid=10878&dayof=1694. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- ^ "Matt Jarvis". Bluff Magazine. http://www.bluffmagazine.com/players/matt-jarvis/43894/player-profile.asp. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- ^ "Absolute Poker - UBOC16 $750K GTD High Roller Tournament Results". Bluff Magazine. http://www.bluffmagazine.com/thepokerdb/results/Absolute-Poker-UBOC16-$750K-GTD-High-Roller-Sunday-January-23-2011-6843911.htm. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- ^ "2011 42nd Annual World Series of Poker: Event #40: No-Limit Hold'em / Six Handed". WSOP.com. http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/results.asp?grid=821&tid=11479. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- ^ Feldman, Andrew (2011-07-01). "Jarvis' determination leads to WSOP win". ESPN. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker/news/story?id=6707302. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- ^ Bradley, Lance (2011-06-27). "WSOP Bracelet Winner Profile: Matt Jarvis". Bluff Magazine. http://news.bluffmagazine.com/wsop-bracelet-winner-profile-matt-jarvis-22785/. Retrieved 201--07-09.
- Jarvis at Hendonmob.com
- Jarvis at Bluff Magazine
- Jarvis at Card Player
- Jarvis at WSOP.com
- November nine elimination card
2010s WSOP Bracelet Winners 2010/
Daniel Alaei · Harold Angle · Richard Ashby · David Baker · Praz Bansi · John Barch · Chris Bell · Tomer Berda · James Bord · Dutch Boyd · Eric Buchman · Shawn Busse · Yan Chen · Michael Chow · Aadam Daya · James Dempsey · Jason DeWitt · Jonathan Duhamel · Mike Ellis · Sigurd Eskeland · Sam Farha · Peter Gelencser · Steven Gee · Ian Gordon · Dean Hamrick · Gus Hansen · William Haydon · Vanessa Hellebuyck · Phil Ivey · Steve Jelinek · Frank Kassela (2) · Matt Keikoan · Dan Kelly · Steven Kelly · Chance Kornuth · Valdemar Kwaysser · Phil Laak · Pascal LeFrancois · Michael Linn · Jeff Lisandro · Ayaz Mahmood · Matt Matros · Michael Mizrachi · Scott Montgomery · Men Nguyen · Jeffrey Papola · Hoai Pham · Carter Phillips · Konstantin Puchkov · Miguel Proulx · Jesse Rockowitz · Scott Shelley · Gavin Smith · Brendan Taylor · Jeffrey Tebben · Joshua Tieman · Luis Velador · Marcel Vonk · David Warga · Simon Watt · Ryan Welch
Owais Ahmed · André Akkari · Hasan Anter · Andrew Badecker · Francesco Barbaro · Allen Bari · Sam Barnhart · Steve Billirakis · Nick Binger · Tyler Bonkowski · Kirk Caldwell · Jake Cody · David Diaz · Sean Drake · Joe Ebanks · Elio Fox · Andy Frankenberger · Sean Getzwiller · Kenneth Griffin · Bertrand Grospellier · Foster Hays · Pius Heinz · Andrew Hinrichsen · James Hess · Guillaume Humbert · Daniel Idema · Matt Jarvis · John Juanda · Eugene Katchalov · Geffrey Klein · Oleksii Kovalchuk · Mikhail Lakhitov · Ben Lamb · Chris Lee · Amir Lehavot · Maxim Lykov · Leonard Martin · Matt Matros · Jason Mercier · Michael Mizrachi · John Monnette · Elie Payan · Justin Pechie · Matt Perrins · Athanasios Polychronopoulos · Rep Porter · Mark Radoja · Brian Rast (2) · Eric Rodawig · Mitch Schock · David Singontiko · Jason Somerville · Fabrice Soulier · Sam Stein · Aaron Steury · Antonin Teisseire · Arkadiy Tsinis · Chris Viox · Tristan Wade · Harrison Wilder · Marsha Wolak · Darren Woods · Viacheslav Zhukovnote: number in brackets represents the number of bracelets earned in that year
1970s · 1980s · 1990s · 2000s · 2010s
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Matthew Jarvis — may refer to: Matt Jarvis (born 1986), English association football player Matthew Jarvis (poker player) This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same personal name. If an in … Wikipedia
World Series of Poker 2010 — Les World Series of Poker 2010 est l édition des World Series of Poker qui se déroule en 2010. Le tournoi débute le 28 mai et se termine le 17 juillet à l exception de l épreuve du 10 000 $ no limit Texas hold em qui s acheve juste avant que les… … Wikipédia en Français
Matt Matros — Hometown Brooklyn, New York World Series of Poker Bracelet(s) 2 Money finish(es) 23 Highest ITM Main Event finish 78th, 2008 … Wikipedia
List of Duke University people — This list of Duke University people includes alumni, faculty, presidents, and major philanthropists of Duke University, which includes three undergraduate and ten graduate schools. The undergraduate schools include Trinity College of Arts and… … Wikipedia
performing arts — arts or skills that require public performance, as acting, singing, or dancing. [1945 50] * * * ▪ 2009 Introduction Music Classical. The last vestiges of the Cold War seemed to thaw for a moment on Feb. 26, 2008, when the unfamiliar strains … Universalium
List of people from Michigan — A list of notable people from the U.S. state of Michigan. Bolding indicates places in Michigan. People from Michigan are sometimes referred to as Michiganders, Michiganians, or more rarely as Michiganites. Actors, entertainers and… … Wikipedia
List of albums containing a hidden track — This list contains the names of albums that contain a hidden track and also information on how to find them. Please note that not all printings of an album contain the same track arrangements, so your copy of album X may or may not have the… … Wikipedia
Titanic (1997 film) — Titanic … Wikipedia