- Mateaki Mafi
Mateaki Mafi Personal information Full name Mateaki Fonnama'atonga Mafi Nickname Matti Born 19 September 1972 Height 178 cm (5 ft 10 in) Weight 86 kg (13 st 8 lb) Playing information Rugby league Position Wing Club Years Team Pld T G FG P 1995–1997 Warrington Wolves Representative Years Team Pld T G FG P 1995 Tonga Rugby union Position Wing Club Years Team Pld T G FG P 199?–1999 Dunvant RFC 2000–200? Bridgend RFC 200?–2004 Taibach RFC Total 0 0 0 0 0 Source: RLP
Mateaki Fonnama'atonga Mafi is a Tongan rugby football player who represented his country in both rugby league and rugby union, most notably at the 1995 Rugby League World Cup, and at the 1992 Summer Olympics as a 200m sprinter.
Rugby union career
Rugby league career
Mafi switched to rugby league in 1995, joining the Warrington Wolves in England. He was named in the Tongan squad for the 1995 World Cup. Along with Willie Swann and Martin Dermott, Mafi was sacked by Warrington early in the 1997 season after the club had a poor start to the season.
Return to rugby union
- ^ a b Queens Arcade racers get top tips from Olympian South Wales Echo, 26 August 2009
- ^ Mateaki Mafi Sports Reference LLC
- ^ a b Warrington sack three players The Independent, 18 March 1997
- ^ Offiah kicks off on winning note; New Broncos star fails to score but shows glimpse of his magic The Daily Mail, 5 August 1996
- ^ Welsh / Scottish League Premier Division: Dunvant Need Slade; Dunvant 22 Edinburgh Reivers 29 The Mirror, 20 September 1999
- ^ Cardiff crash to Newport BBC Sport, 27 February 2000
- ^ season 2004 Taibach RFC
- ^ a b Rugby player’s new Crufts success South Wales Echo, 15 March 2008
Tonga squad – 1995 Rugby League World Cup
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Tongan general election, 2008 — Parliamentary elections were held in Tonga on 23 April and 24 April 2008 to elect members of the Legislative Assembly. [ [http://www.mherrera.org/elections.htm Electoral Calendar world elections,US elections,presidential election,world parties ]… … Wikipedia