- Three Harbors Council
Three Harbors Council was formed from a merger of Southeast Wisconsin Council and Milwaukee County Council in in September 2011.
The Milwaukee County Council (MCC) currently has two Scout camps. The first, Indian Mound Reservation, so named for the Indian Mound on camp in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin off of Silver Lake, caters primarily to the council's Cub Scout program during the summer months and hosts several Cub Scout day camps in cooperation with the Potawatomi Area Council. This camp is the primary recipient of Mikano #231, the council's Order of the Arrow lodge. Scout troops are able to rent the cabins and other facilities on-camp for a fee. The main attractions of the camp include a mine-themed program area, which after a National Service Grant Project from Mikano in 2005 now includes a panning for gold stream affectionately named "Turtle Creek". The camp also features a castle and wooden "land ship".
The council's other camp is used for the Boy Scout summer program. LeFeber Northwoods Camps is located near Laona, Wisconsin, 250 miles (400 km) north of Milwaukee, on Hardwood Lake. The camp has an extensive history as a logging camp prior to its purchase and donation to the Boy Scouts in 1930. It features an excellent program drawing in campers from Michigan, Illinois, and several councils located in Wisconsin.
LeFeber Northwoods Camps
LeFeber Northwoods Camps Owner Milwaukee County Council, BSA Location near Laona, Wisconsin Coordinates Founded 1930
LeFeber Northwoods Camps is a summer camp located near Laona, Wisconsin. LeFeber is 1,120 acres (5 km2) of sub-boreal Wisconsin wilderness around Hardwood Lake with a deeply ingrained history in the region's timber industry. The camp was established in 1930 on land formerly owned by several timber companies, now nestled in the midst of the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest, where Scouts have access to hundreds of miles of hiking, biking, and boating opportunities. From Archery to Woodcarving, nature study to cooking, a wide variety of program features and merit badges are offered. Merit badges, however, are only a portion of the overall program, which includes archaeology, bike treks, blacksmithing, climbing and rappelling, fly fishing, golf, horseback riding, rifle & shotgun shooting, tomahawk throwing, whitewater rafting, and windsurfing.
Southeast Wisconsin Council
- The Fox River District serves the sections of Kenosha and Racine Counties west of I-94.
- The Gateway District serves the Kenosha area, east of I-94.
- The Lighthouse District serves the Racine area, east of I-94.
- Camp Oh-Da-Ko-Ta - located in Burlington, Wisconsin offers complete year-round facilities for Cub Packs, Scout Troops, and Venture Crews. The camp encompasses 185 acres (0.7 km2) of beautiful rolling hills and woodlands including waterfront on Dyer Lake.
- Camp Lyle - Operated by the Southeast Wisconsin Council Boy Scouts of America, the Robert S. Lyle Scout Reservation is a 640 acres (2.6 km2) wilderness Boy Scout Camp. The Reservation, located 25 miles (40 km) Northeast of Antigo, Wisconsin, encompasses two lakes, Aninan and Perch, and has the Wolf River running through it. Robert S. Lyle is one of the few scout camps that uses patrol cooking where food is provided but the scouts cook the meals themselves.
Order of the Arrow
Mascoutens Lodge #8 was formed in 1971 when Oh-Da-Ko-Ta Lodge #153 and Chippecotton Lodge #524 were merged as part of the Racine County Council and Kenosha County Council merger that formed Southeast Wisconsin Council.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
San Gabriel Valley Council — Owner Boy Scouts of America Headquarters … Wikipedia
Minsi Trails Council — Owner … Wikipedia
Old Colony Council — Owner … Wikipedia
Westchester-Putnam Council — Owner … Wikipedia
Northern Star Council — is a Boy Scout Council headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota. The council was formally the Viking Council and Indianhead Council until the two councils merged on July 1, 2005. The council serves communities across central Minnesota and… … Wikipedia
National Capital Area Council — Owner … Wikipedia
Circle Ten Council — Circle 10 Council Owner … Wikipedia
Del-Mar-Va Council — Owner … Wikipedia
Great Sauk Trail Council — Owner Boy Scouts of America Country … Wikipedia
Gerald R. Ford Council — Owner … Wikipedia