- Masanori Ohya
Masanori Ohya (大矢 雅則 Ōya Masanori , born 1947) is a Japanese mathematician.
After he revieved a Ph.D. in Mathematical Physics and Information Science and Dr.Sc., he continuously worked on operator algebra, Quantum Entropy, quantum information theory and bio-information. He achieved results in the fields of Quantum Information and mathematical physics. In particular, he introduced the quantum mutual entropy.
Ohya studied multiple topics for more than thirty years, relating to quantum entropy, quantum information, chaos dynamics and life science. His main accomplishments are as follows: (1) Elucidation of Mathematical Bases of Quantum Channels, (2) Formulation of Quantum Mutual Information (Entropy), (3) Information Dynamics, (4) Analysis of Quantum Teleportation, (5) Quantum Algorithm, (6) Proposal of Adaptive Dynamics, (7) Life Science.
They are explained in the book Watanabe 2007.
- 1987–present Professor, Department of Information Sciences, Tokyo University of Science
- 2004-2006 Dean, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Science
- 2002-2006 Committee, International Institute of Advanced Study in Kyoto
- 2006- Dean, Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Science
Università di Roma II, Copernicus University, Jena University and many others.
Member of the Editorial Board of International Journals: (1) Infinite Dimensional Analysis, Quantum Probability and related topics; (2) Reports of Mathematical Physics; (3) Editor-in-chief of the Editorial Board of the journal "Open Systems and Information Dynamics"; (4) Amino Acid
- T.Hara, K.Sato and M.Ohya (2010) MTRAP: Pairwise sequence alignment algorithm by a new measure based on transition probability between two consecutive pairs of residues, BMC bioinformatics, 11, 1, 235.
- W.A. Majewski, T.Matsuoka, and M.Ohya (2009) Characterization of partial positive transposition states and measures of entanglement, JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS, 50, 113509
- A.Kossakowski, M.Ohya (2006) Can Non-Maximal Entangled State Achieve a Complete Quantum Teleportation?, Reconsideration of Foundation-3, American Institute of Physics, 810, 211-216.
- S.Iriyama, M.Ohya and I.V.Volovich (2006) Generalized Quantum Turing Machine and its Application to the SAT Chaos Algorithm, QP-PQ:Quantum Prob. White Noise Anal., Quantum Information and Computing, 19, World Sci. Publishing, 204-225.
- V.P.Belavkin and M.Ohya (2002) Quantum entanglement and entangled mutual entropy, Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, Vol. 458, 29-231, 2002.
- K-H.Fichtner and M.Ohya (2001) Quantum teleportation and beam splitting, Quantum teleportation with entangled states given by beam splittings, Commun. Math. Phys., Vol 225, 67-89 and Vol 222, 229-247.
- M.Ohya and N.Masuda (2000) NP problem in quantum algorithm, Open Systems and Information Dynamics, 7, No.1, 33-39.
- L.Accardi and M.Ohya (1999) Compound channels, transition expectations, and liftings, Appl. Math. Optim., 39, 33-59.
- M.Ohya (1998) Complexities and their applications to characterization of chaos, International Journal of Theoretical Physics, 37, No.1, 495-505.
- M.Ohya (1989) Some aspects of quantum information theory and their applications to irreversible processes, Rep. Math. Phys., 27, 19-47.
- M.Ohya (1984) Entropy Transmission in C*-dynamical systems, J. Math. Anal.Appl., 100, No.1, 222-235.
- M.Ohya (1983) On compound state and mutual information in quantum information theory, IEEE Trans. Information Theory, 29, No.5, 770-774.
- F.Hiai, M.Ohya and M.Tsukada (1981) "Sufficiency, KMS condition and relative entropy in von Neumann algebras" and "Sufficiency and relative entropy in *-algebras with applications in quantum systems", Pacific J. Math., 96, No.1, 99-109 and 107, No.1, 117-140.
- M.Ohya (1981) Quantum ergodic channels in operator algebras, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 84, No.2, 318-327.
Books (English only)
- M.Ohya and D.Petz (1993) Quantum Entropy and its Use, Springer-Verlag, TMP-series.
- R.S.Ingarden, A.Kossakowski and M.Ohya (1997), Information Dynamics and Open Systems, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- M.Ohya (1999), Mathematical foundation of quantum computer, Maruzen-Publ.Company
- Watanabe, Noboru (2007), Selected papers of M. Ohya, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., ISBN 9812794190
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.