Marktl Coordinates Coordinates: Administration Country Germany State Bavaria Admin. region Upper Bavaria District Altötting Municipal assoc. Marktl Local subdivisions 63 Gemeindeteile Erster Bürgermeister Hubert Gschwendtner (SPD) Basic statistics Area 27.84 km2 (10.75 sq mi) Elevation 364 m (1194 ft) Population 2,617 (31 December 2010) - Density 94 /km2 (243 /sq mi) Other information Time zone CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2) Licence plate AÖ Postal code 84533 Area code 08678 Website www.marktl.de
Marktl, or often unofficially called Marktl am Inn ("Little market on the river Inn"), is a village and historic market municipality in the state of Bavaria, Germany, near the Austrian border, in the Altötting district of Upper Bavaria. The most notable neighbouring town is Altötting. Marktl has approximately 2,700 inhabitants.
- 13th century - Established as the power base of the Counts of Leonberg.
- 1297 - Construction of the first church dedicated to Saint Oswald within the diocese of Stammham, it was sponsored by Berengar III, Count of Leonberg and was consecrated by Bishop Albert of Chiemsee.
- 1422 - Duke Henry XVI of Bavaria grants market privileges to the town.
- 1477 - Duke Louis the Rich grants a coat of arms to the citizens of Marktl, showing a ship hook and caper measure, as symbols of navigation and trade
- 1577 - Duke Albert V permits that the assignment of a priest to the Marktl branch church
- 1697 - Prince-Elector Max Emanuel arranges the construction of the first bridge across the Inn River at Marktl
- 1701 - Lightning hits the tower of Saint Oswald church, which results in the incineration of the whole market
- 1851 - Marktl, which had been only a subsidiary of the parish of Stammham, becomes an independent parish
- 1857 - Bishop Heinrich von Hofstetter consecrates the newly built parish church of Saint Oswald
- 1871 - Marktl gets a railway station when the railway line from Munich to Simbach is built
- 1919 - Construction of a protective dam on the Inn River as a safeguard against constant flooding
- 1927 - Birth of Pope Benedict XVI; completion of the first concrete bridge over the Inn and construction of the "Neue Strasse" (New Street) to bypass the market
- 1965 - Remodel of parish church at Saint Oswald; parish hall is built
- 1970-1972 - The formerly independent municipalities of Marktlberg and Schuetzing are incorporated into Marktl
- 1980 - A mechanical-biological purification plant is built
- 1981-1983 - The Bürgerhaus ("Citizens' House") is built (includes a public library, rooms for events, a skittles alley etc.)
- 1984-1987 - Construction of fire-brigade stations in Marktl and Marktlberg
- 1989 - Connection to Autobahn A 94
- 1996 - Redesign of the market square
- 2000 - Redesign of the square in front of the railway station
- 2005 - Election of Pope Benedict XVI and bottling of commemorative "Papstbier" (Pope bier) by local brewer Weideneder for sale to the public
- 2006 - Visit of Pope Benedict XVI
Coat of arms
Marktl's coat of arms was lent to handing by Duke Ludwig on May 12, 1447. The boat operator hook is a symbol of navigation, which was once so important in the region. The caper measure is a symbol of grain trading and shipping. The Bavarian lozenges refer to the affiliation of the place with the Bavarian duchy.
- ^ "Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes" (in German). Bayerisches Landesamt für Statistik und Datenverarbeitung. 31 December 2010. https://www.statistikdaten.bayern.de/genesis/online?language=de&sequenz=tabelleErgebnis&selectionname=12411-009r&sachmerkmal=QUASTI&sachschluessel=SQUART04&startjahr=2010&endjahr=2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Marktl — Marktl … Wikipédia en Français
Marktl — Escudo … Wikipedia Español
Marktl — Wappen Deutschlandkarte … Deutsch Wikipedia
Marktl — Original name in latin Marktl Name in other language Markhl, Marktl, Marktl , Марктль State code DE Continent/City Europe/Berlin longitude 48.25421 latitude 12.84417 altitude 363 Population 2654 Date 2013 02 19 … Cities with a population over 1000 database
Marktl am Inn — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Marktl am Inn Escudo … Wikipedia Español
Marktl am Inn — Marktl Marktl … Wikipédia en Français
Marktl (Begriffsklärung) — Marktl ist der Name folgender Orte: einer Gemeinde im oberbayerischen Landkreis Altötting, siehe Marktl einer Katastralgemeinde der niederösterreichischen Gemeinde Lilienfeld, siehe Marktl (Gemeinde Lilienfeld) einer Katastralgemeinde der… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Marktl (disambiguation) — Marktl is the name of the following places: Marktl in Upper Bavaria, Germany a cadastral community of the municipality Straden in Styria, Austria a cadastral community of the municipality Lilienfeld in Lower Austria, Austria This disambiguation… … Wikipedia
Marktl am Inn — Wappen Deutschlandkarte … Deutsch Wikipedia
Marktl am Inn — Infobox Ort in Deutschland Wappen = Wappen Marktl.png lat deg = 48 |lat min = 15 |lat sec = 12 lon deg = 12 |lon min = 50 |lon sec = 35 Lageplan = Karte marktl in aoe.gif Bundesland = Bayern Regierungsbezirk = Oberbayern Landkreis = Altötting… … Wikipedia