Marker Rock


Marker Rock

Marker Rock (66°5′S 65°47′W / 66.083°S 65.783°W / -66.083; -65.783) is a rock lying 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km) north-northwest of Turnabout Island in the Saffery Islands, off the west coast of Graham Land. Charted by the British Graham Land Expedition (BGLE) under Rymill, 1934-37. So named by the United Kingdom Antarctic Place-Names Committee (UK-APC) in 1959 because it marks the ships' passage through the Saffery Islands.

 This article incorporates public domain material from the United States Geological Survey document "Marker Rock" (content from the Geographic Names Information System).