- Mark Peattie
He is a professor emeritus at the University of Massachusetts at Boston and a research fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution. He was the visiting professor at the University of Hawaii in 1995.
Peattie is a reader for Columbia University Press, University of California Press, University of Hawaii Press, Stanford University Press, University of Michigan Press, and U.S. Naval Institute Press.
- 2002 – Sunburst: The Rise of Japanese Naval Air Power, 1909-1941
- 1998 – Nan'yō: the Rise and Fall of the Japanese in Micronesia, 1885-1945. Honolulu : University of Hawaii Press. 10-ISBN 0824810872/13-ISBN 978-0-824-81087-0; OCLC 16578691
- 1997 – Kaigun: Strategy, Tactics, and Technology in the Imperial Japanese Navy, 1887-1941 (with David C. Evans). Annapolis, Maryland: U.S. Naval Institute Press.
- 1996 – The Japanese Wartime Empire, 1931-1945 (with Peter Duus and Ramon H. Myers). Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- 1975 – Kanji and Japan's Confrontation with the West.
- Cohen, Eliot A. "Review: Kaigun: Strategy, Tactics, and Technology in the Imperial Japanese Navy, 1887-1941," Foreign Affairs. May/Jun 1998.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Charles Peattie — Born 1958 Nationality British Occupation cartoonist Known for Alex Charles Peattie (born 1958) is a British cartoonist, best known as half of t … Wikipedia
Imperial Japanese Navy — (IJN) 大日本帝國海軍 (Dai Nippon Teikoku Kaigun) … Wikipedia
Diaspora japonaise aux Palaos — La diaspora japonaise aux Palaos est la communauté d’origine japonaise vivant dans les Palaos, un archipel de l’océan Pacifique. Sommaire 1 Histoire 1.1 1820–1945 1.2 Après 1945 2 … Wikipédia en Français
History of slavery — The history of slavery uncovers many different forms of human exploitation across many cultures throughout history. Slavery, generally defined, refers to the systematic exploitation of labor traced back to the earliest records, such as the Code… … Wikipedia
Alfred Thayer Mahan — Rear Admiral Alfred Thayer Mahan Born September 27, 1840(1840 … Wikipedia
Japanische Kriegsverbrechen — Hsuchow, China, 1938. Ein Graben mit Leichen chinesischer Zivilisten, getötet von japanischen Soldaten Wie schon zu Beginn des Angriffs auf China am 7. Juli 1937 nach dem Zwischenfall an der Ma … Deutsch Wikipedia
Manchukuo — Manchu State (1932–1934) (Great) Empire of Manchuria (1934–1945) 滿洲國 / 满洲国(Chinese) Mǎnzhōuguó 満洲国 (Japanese) Manshū koku (1932–1934) (大)滿洲帝國 / … Wikipedia
Unfree labour — includes all forms of slavery as well as all other related institutions (e.g. debt slavery, wage slavery, serfdom, conscription, and labour camps).[not verified in body] Contents 1 Payment for unfree labour … Wikipedia
Japanese war crimes — occurred during the period of Japanese imperialism. Some of the incidents have also been described as an Asian Holocaustcite news| first=Ralph |last=Blumenthal |title=The World: Revisiting World War II Atrocities; Comparing the Unspeakable to the … Wikipedia
War crimes in Manchukuo — were committed during the rule of the Empire of Japan in northeast China, either directly, or through its puppet state of Manchukuo, from 1931 to 1945. Various war crimes have been alleged, but have received comparatively little historical… … Wikipedia