- Maribyrnong Immigration Detention Centre
Maribyrnong Immigration Detention Centre is an Australian immigration detention facility in Maribyrnong, Victoria. Originally opened in 1966, as the Maribyrnong Migrant Hostel, then the Midway (Migrant) Hostel in the late 1960s and now based within a part of Victoria University's campus student accommodation since 1989. The current Maribyrnong Immigration Detention Centre was opened in 1983, set up for people who have over-stayed their visas, had their visa cancelled, or who have been denied entry into the country through international airports and seaports. Maribyrnong Immigration Detention Centre is operated by Global Solutions Limited, formerly part of Group 4 Securicor on behalf of the Australian Government.
- ^ "Maribyrnong Immigration Detention Centre". Australian Government Department of Immigration and Citizenship. 2010. http://www.immi.gov.au/managing-australias-borders/detention/facilities/locations/maribyrnong/. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- ^ "Immigration Detention Services". G4S. 2008. http://www.au.g4s.com/our_services/our_services.asp?content=ds. Retrieved 2010-10-07. [dead link]
- Baxter Immigration Reception and Processing Centre
- Curtin Immigration Reception and Processing Centre
- Woomera Immigration Reception and Processing Centre
- List of Australian immigration detention facilities
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Australian immigration detention facilities — comprise a number of different facilities throughout Australia and the Pacific Ocean. They are used to house people who are detained under Australia’s policy of mandatory detention and the Pacific Solution. Most facilities are operated by Global… … Wikipedia
Australasian Correctional Management — (ACM) was a private company owned by Wackenhut, a subsidiary of multinational security giant Group 4 Securicor. From 1998 until 2003 ACM was responsible for running at least six refugee detention centres in Australia. ACM also ran the Auckland… … Wikipedia
Escape From Woomera — is a modification of the PC game Half life. It was developed in 2003 by an Australian based group of professional game developers, digital media artists and an investigative journalist. Game concept The game recreates, based on original research… … Wikipedia