- Maki (given name)
Maki Gender Female Origin Word/Name Japanese Meaning It can have many different meanings depending on the kanji used. Other names Related names Makiko
Maki (まき, マキ) is a very common feminine Japanese given name which can also be used as a surname.
Maki can be written using different kanji characters and can mean:
- as a given name
- 真貴, "true, precious"
- 真樹, "true, timber trees"
- 真紀, "true, chronicle"
- 真希, "true, hope"
- 麻紀, "linen, chronicle"
- 麻貴, "linen, precious"
- as a surname
- Mākii (マーキー, born 1987), Japanese musician
- Maki Asakawa (マキ, born 1942), Japanese singer
- Maki Goto (真希, born 1985), Japanese pop singer
- Maki Horikita (真希, born 1988), Japanese actress
- Maki Ishii (眞木, 1936–2003), Japanese composer
- Maki Kawamura (真樹), Japanese ballerina
- Maki Meguro (真希, born 1972), Japanese actress
- Maki Miyamae (真樹, born 1973), J-pop singer
- Maki Mizuno (真紀, born 1970), Japanese actress
- Maki Murakami (真紀), Japanese manga artist
- Maki Nomiya (真貴, born 1960), Japanese singer and musician
- Maki Ohguro (摩季, born 1969), Japanese pop singer and songwriter
- Maki Otsuki (真希, born 1973), Japanese singer and musician
- Maki Sakai (真紀, born 1970), Japanese actress
- Maki Tabata (真紀, born 1974), Japanese speed skater
- Maki Tomoda (真希, born 1972), Japanese AV actress
- Maki Tsukada (真希, born 1982), Japanese female judoka
- Maki Yano (真紀), Japanese pop singer
- Chitose Maki (真木), a Japanese illustrator
- Fumihiko Maki (槇), a Japanese architect
- Fuyukichi Maki (牧), a Japanese actor
- Maki Jirō, physicist
- Jun Maki (眞木), a Japanese copywriter
- Karina Maki (巻), a Japanese handball player
- Seiichiro Maki (巻), a Japanese football player
- Shinji Maki (牧), a Japanese comedian
- Yasuomi Maki (真木), a Japanese samurai of the late Edo period
- Yōko Maki (actress) (真木), a Japanese actress
- Yoko Maki (manga artist) (槙), a Japanese manga artist
- Yoshio Maki (牧), a Japanese politician
- Yuki Maki (巻), a Japanese football player
- Maki Genryusai (マキ), a character in Final Fight and Street Fighter video game series
- Maki Ichinose (真樹), a character in the Bleach series
- Maki Kagura, a character in the King of Fighters video games
- Maki Matsumoto (真樹), a character in the Cardcaptor Sakura series
- Maki Aikawa (摩季), the protagonist in the Air Master series
- Izumi Maki (Nadesico) (真木), a character in the anime series Martian Successor Nadesico
- Kiyoto Maki (真木), a character in the Kamen Rider OOO series
This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Maki (Japanese name) — Infobox Given Name Revised name = Maki imagesize= caption= pronunciation= gender = Female meaning = It can have many different meanings depending on the kanji used. region = origin = Japanese related names = Makiko footnotes = nihongo|Maki |まき,… … Wikipedia
Matti (given name) — Matti is a given name, a Finnish version of the name Matthew and may refer to: In sports: Matti Breschel, professional road bicycle racer who currently rides for UCI ProTour outfit Team CSC Matti Hagman, Finnish hockey player Matti Hautamäki,… … Wikipedia
Maki — may refer to: Maki, Niigata (Kubiki) Maki, Niigata (Kambara) Mąki, Poland Mäki, a surname of Finnish origin (and list of people with the name) Maki (given name), a Japanese given name and surname (and list of people with the name) Maki (current… … Wikipedia
Mäki — Family name Meaning hill , from mäki ( hill ) Region of origin Finland Language(s) of origin Finnish … Wikipedia
Maki Tomoda — Born August 20, 1972 (1972 08 20) (age 39) Tokyo, Japan Height 1.64 m (5 ft 5 in) Ethnicity Japanese … Wikipedia
Maki Horikita — 堀北 真希 Born October 6, 1988 (1988 10 06) (age 23) Tokyo, Japan … Wikipedia
Yoko (name) — Infobox Given Name Revised name = Yoko imagesize= caption= pronunciation = Yoko gender = Female meaning = region = Japanese origin = Japanese related names = Yōko, Yōkō footnotes = [ [http://www.babynames.co.uk/meaning origin name Yoko.htm Yoko… … Wikipedia
Minna (name) — Minna is female given name. Its origin from Hebrew Child of Earth. In Yiddish Minna (מִּינָא) translates as Peaceful. In Germany Minna is a nickname of Wilhelmina or Hermina. It is also a Finnish short form of Vilhelmina. The similar form of… … Wikipedia
Shinji Maki — nihongo|Shinji Maki|牧 伸二|Maki Shinji is a Japanese comedian who plays the ukulele. History Shinji was born in Meguro, Tokyo on 26 September 1934. His real name is Nihongo|Moritsune Ōi|大井 守常|Ōi Moritsune.However he has no adequate academic careers … Wikipedia
List of Soul Reapers in Bleach — This is a list of Soul Reaper (死神, Shinigami?, literally, Death god ) characters featured in the anime and manga series Bleach, created by Tite Kubo. Soul Reapers are a fictional race of spirits who govern the flow of souls between the human… … Wikipedia