- Magkano Ang Iyong Dangal?
Magkano Ang Iyong Dangal? Format Drama, Romance Created by Gilda Olvidado Developed by Seiko Films Directed by Chito Roño Starring Bangs Garcia
Opening theme "Dahil Mahal na Mahal Kita" by Zsa Zsa Padilla Country of origin Philippines Language(s) Filipino/Tagalog, English No. of episodes 78 Production Location(s) Philippines Running time 30 minutes Broadcast Original channel ABS-CBN Picture format 480i SDTV Original run January 25, 2010 – May 14, 2010 External links Website
Gilda Olvidado's Magkano Ang Iyong Dangal? (lit. How much is your dignity?) is a Filipino daytime drama produced by ABS-CBN that premiered on January 25, 2010.
It is the first film to TV remake to use Gilda Olvidado's storywork for the network under her helm. The series replaced Nagsimula sa Puso
Magkano Ang Iyong Dangal? was a 1989 film produced and released by Seiko Films. It starred Christopher De Leon as Paolo, Zsa Zsa Padilla as Era, and Joel Torre as Larry, with Jestoni Alarcon, Princess Punzalan, and Michael Locsin. It was written by Gilda Olvidado and directed by Laurice Guillen.
In an November 2009 episode of SNN: Showbiz News Ngayon, the series was announced to star Roxanne Guinoo, Rayver Cruz, and Sid Lucero and to be directed by Chito Rono, with the tentative title Mahal Na Mahal Kita.
On ABS-CBN's Trade Show for 2010, it was announced that the final title is Magkano Ang Iyong Dangal? and it is a remake of the 1989 film with the same title.
On December 2009, the management decided to give the main role to Bangs Garcia, because of some unsettled issues with Guinoo.
Nilo (Sid Lucero) and Carmela’s (Bangs Garcia) love will be tested by problems and challenges surrounding their families. They will be separated temporarily by circumstances beyond their control, but fate will bring them back together again.
Nilo and Carmela will prove that their love could overcome everything. But mistakes from the past will not make life easy for them, an old friend Troy (Rayver Cruz) will come back to get Carmela from Nilo. Unbeknownst to the couple, Troy will orchestrate a plan to separate them. He will try to buy off Carmela’s love by forcing her to sell her own dignity to save the man she loves. Troy’s ploy will test Nilo and Carmela’s love for each other. Theirs is a love that will transcend all mistakes, all problems, and all challenges. Nilo and Carmela will prove that love indeed has no price, it is unconditional. 
- Bangs Garcia as Carmela Martirez-Morales - She was raised by her loving Mother Rodora. Carmela grew up to be a very obedient daughter to her Mother. She’s a self-sacrificing, hard working and a very kind girl who dreams of having a complete family. Nilo is her one and only love. He’s the only man who has tried to save her in any possible way. She will do anything to fight for their love and along the way Carmela will learn that for the love of her life she will give up even her honor— this is the real meaning of true love.
- Rayver Cruz as Troy Sandoval - The son of Esther. He grew up with a deep longing for affection and attention from his Mother and Sibling. When he was young he was friends with Carmela and Nilo and finally found in Carmela the love he wanted to receive from his family. When Carmela left him he felt rejected and soon his love for Carmela turned into obsession. He returned from the U.S totally changed; he became suave and sophisticated with a reputation of being a risk taker on the business. He has only one intention—to win Carmela back.
- Sid Lucero as Nilo Morales - Growing up with Dioning, who did nothing but blame him for every misfortune they encountered, Nilo learned to be self-reliant at an early age. Although he tends to be naughty and proud he’s also good in school and always gets high grades. Nilo is ambitious and he yearns to be rich so that he could be a good provider to his family; so he would not have to depend on other people again. His one true love is Carmela. From Carmela he will realize the real meaning of love that it is just about fulfilling the other person’s dreams. Love is giving that other person your whole self without inhibitions.
- Karylle as Tanya- a new character was introduced at the middle part of the soap. Tanya is an environmentalist seeking justice for her boyfriend who was framed up and killed. She will meet Nilo as she conducts her investigation regarding a company violating environmental laws and involved in framing up her boyfriend. She will help Nilo to prove his innocence and do whatever it takes to protect him. A thing which she was not able to do with his boyfriend.
- Nikki Valdez as Liezette
- Bing Pimentel as Esther
- Paw Diaz as Diane
- Beverly Salviejo as Dioning
- Martin del Rosario as Biboy
- Bettina Carlos as Alona
- Debraliz Vallasotte as Saling
- Rico Barrera as Edwin
- Jocelyn Oxlade as Monique
- Christopher Roxas as Barry Abarrientos
- Jake Roxas as Andrew Marquez
- Guji Lorenzana as James
- Mylene Dizon as Rita Robles, Rodora's friend
- Emilio Garcia as Roman
- Mickey Ferriols as Rodora
- Dick Israel as George
- Erika Padilla as Jenny
- Tom Olivar
- Reb Sibal
- Jubail Andres
- Manuel Chua
- Ella Cruz as Young Carmela
- Makisig Morales as Young Nilo
- Joshua Dionisio as Young Troy
- Jane Oineza as Young Alona
- Jacq Yu
- Raymond Concepcion
- Tess Antonio as Nurse
Magkano Ang Iyong Dangal was launched as one of the ABS-CBN offering for the 60th celebration of Filipino Soap Opera (Ika-60 taon ng Pinoy Soap Opera). Together with upcoming series such as Rubi, Kung Tayo'y Magkakalayo, Habang May Buhay, Kokey @ Ako, Tanging Yaman, Agua Bendita, and a series of Precious Hearts Romances Presents seasonal episodes. The shows were launched during the ABS-CBN Trade Launch for the first quarter of 2010, entitled Bagong Simula (New Beginning).
- ^ 
- ^ http://www.abs-cbn.com/Feature/Article/5607/Roxanne-Guinoo-will-return-to-primetime-TV-via-Mahal-Na-Mahal-Kita-.aspx
- ^ http://dangal.abs-cbn.com
- ^ http://www.abs-cbn.com/Feature/Article/5620/Rayver-Cruz-says-he-s-ready-to-be-a-leading-man.aspx
- ^ http://www.abs-cbn.com/Feature/Article/5903/Rayver-Cruz-is-confused-between-Shaina-Magdayao-and-Sarah-Geronimo.aspx
- ^ http://www.pep.ph/guide/5719/Karylle-joins-the-cast-of-%20Magkano-ang-Iyong-Dangal
- ^ http://www.abs-cbn.com/Headlines/Article/1800/The-biggest-stars-descend-on-Bagong-Simula-the-ABS-CBN-Trade-Show.aspx
Sineserye Presents (Season 1) Sineserye Presents: The Susan Roces Cinema Collection (Season 2) Agimat: Ang Mga Alamat ni Ramon RevillaTiagong Akyat (2009) · Pepeng Agimat (2009) · Tonyong Bayawak (2010) · Elias Paniki (2010) · Bianong Bulag (2011) · Kapitan Inggo (2011) · Pepeng Kuryente (2011) · Boy Putik (2011) Your SongUnderage (2009) · Boystown (2009) OthersKampanerang Kuba (2005) · Ang Panday (2005) · Bituing Walang Ningning (2006) · Walang Kapalit (2007) · Kokey (2007) · Palos (2008) · Ligaw na Bulaklak (2008) · Pieta (2008) · Eva Fonda (2008) · Kambal sa Uma (2009) · Katorse (2009) · Nagsimula sa Puso (2009) · Magkano Ang Iyong Dangal? (2010) · Kokey @ Ako (2010) · Juanita Banana (2010) · Sabel (2010)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Natutulog Ba Ang Diyos? — Sineserye Presents: Natutulog Ba Ang Diyos? Format Soap opera Created by ABS CBN Entertainment Dept. Directed by … Wikipedia
Nikki Valdez — Born Philippines Occupation Actress Nikki Valdez is a Filipino actress. Early life Tagged as Best Friend na kikay nang Bidang babae (Best friend that is quirky/bubbly of the Protagonist) Nikki Valdez is currently known for and she is a certified… … Wikipedia
Nagsimula sa Puso — Intertitle Format Drama Directed by Ruel S. Bayani Malu Sevilla Darnel Joy R. Villaflor … Wikipedia
Martin del Rosario — Born Martin Miguel Mangay del Rosario November 25, 1992 (1992 11 25) (age 18) Philippines Years active 2007 present Martin del Rosario (born November 25, 1992) is a Filipino actor … Wikipedia
Metro Manila Film Festival — Official Logo The Metro Manila Film Festival Philippines (MMFF P) is the annual film festival held in Manila. The festival, which runs from the 25th of December to the first week of January, focuses on locally produced films. The MMFF was… … Wikipedia
List of programs broadcast by ABS-CBN — ABS CBN Broadcasting Corporation broadcasts a variety of programming through its VHF terrestrial television station ABS CBN 2 Manila. These programs include news and current affairs, Philippine drama, sitcom, foreign shows, entertainment news and … Wikipedia
Christopher De Leon — Christopher Strauss de Leon Born October 31, 1956 (1956 10 31) (age 55) Manila, Philippines Occupation Actor / Endorser, Politician Years active 1974 present Spouse … Wikipedia
Christopher De León — (31 de octubre de 1956 en Manila), es un actor de cine y político filipino. De León inició su carrera en la televisión, haciendose conocer en programas como Going Bananas y Has Appeared. Ha hecho más de 120 películas desde la década de los años… … Wikipedia Español
My Cheating Heart — Precious Hearts Romances Presents: My Cheating Heart Format Drama, Romance, Comedy Created by Martha Cecilia … Wikipedia
Makisig Morales — Birth name Makisig Morales Born December 22, 1996 (1996 12 22) (age 14) Origin San Mateo, Rizal, Philippines Genres … Wikipedia