- Jesse T. Quirion
Jesse Quirion recently joined the City of San Jose Department of Transportation as an over strength Associate Transportation Specialist. Jesse came to California from Port St. Lucie, FL where he worked as Manager of Traffic Operations. Jesse was responsible for developing the traffic department’s annual budget and the implementation of Port St. Lucie’s fiber optic communications network. He managed 16 employees and supervised maintenance of roadway signs, street markings, school zone flashers, signalized intersections, pedestrian lighting and roadway lighting. Jesse also kept a close watch on the City’s Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) and traffic crash evaluations, directing on-call crews, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. In addition, Jesse used his expertise on the American Disability Act and started his own consulting business, Accessibility Consulting Services (ACS). Through ACS, Jesse acts as an expert witness and provides compliance-based engineering advice to business owners, attorneys and insurance agents to insure that public areas are constructed and maintained in accordance with Federal and State requirements. Now, Jesse is enjoying his work at the City of San Jose in the Planning and Project Division of DOT. Jesse’s primary role is to locate available grants, manage the application process and administer grant funds for projects including: The Alameda pedestrian improvements, St. John Street multi-modal improvements, San Carlos multi-modal improvements, Park Avenue multi-modal improvements the Bucknall Safe Routes to Schools sidewalk improvements. Jesse received a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from Nova Southeastern University.
- Nova Southeastern University (NSU) - Fort Lauderdale, FL
- M.P.A., Master of Public Administration
- September 2009
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) - Daytona Beach, FL
B.S., Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- May 2007
- Indian River Community College (IRCC) - Fort Pierce, FL
- A.A., Associate in Arts
- May 2003
- Associate Transportation Specialist, City of San Jose
- City of San Jose, California - Department of Transportation
- July 2011 – Current
- • Mr. Quirion is currently a project manager for numerous grant funded roadway projects which include but are not limited to; green bike lane improvements, bike boulevards, multimodal corridor improvements, sidewalk projects and commercial revitalization. He is the lead grant writer and grant manager for the Department of Transportation Planning and Project Delivery Division. To date; he has secured funding for $3.6 million dollars in grant funding for the City of San Jose to improve roadway networks, drainage, sidewalks, bike lanes, lighting, sidewalk amenities and public art with a potential for another $28.1 million. In addition, Jesse provides guidance to three other Transportation Specialist and two project interns, leading the team on grant management and funding reimbursement.
- Founder and President, Engineering & ADA Consulting
- Port Saint Lucie, FL - ACS, Accessibility Consulting Services
- January 2010 – Current
- • In early 2010 Mr. Quirion founded the compliance-oriented consulting firm Accessibility Consulting Services. Providing engineering based consultation to private business owners, attorneys, insurance agencies and municipalities, insuring that the users of their business and public areas are constructed and maintained in accordance with today’s Federal and State requirements. Case referrals have ranged from personal injury attorneys: Vastola and Associates, Philip DeBerard, Injury Attorney and The Law Offices of Hoskins, Turco, Lloyd and Lloyd. Cases types range from: fast food restaurants’ seating areas, a pedestrian access way of a medical office facility, sidewalks of gas stations and roadway maintenance.
- City of Port Saint Lucie, Florida - Engineering Department
- May 2006 - June 2011
- • Responsible for direct oversight and management of the City of Port St Lucie’s 16-member Traffic Operations Division. Responsible for producing and maintaining the departments annual budget of approximately $2.9 million dollars, implementation of the City’s fiber optic communications network, roadway signs, street markings, school zone flashers, signalized intersections, pedestrian lighting, roadway lighting, Intelligent Transportation System (ITS), traffic crash evaluations, customer service, 24x7 on call crews and all other vehicular and pedestrian safety and mobility aspects of the City’s infrastructure.
- • Director of construction, implementation, monitoring, customer service, network uptime, network design and hardware maintenance of the City of Port St. Lucie’s fiber optic communication network. This network was developed under his direction to provide traffic signal communication, traffic cameras and police department surveillance. As the Manager of Traffic Operations, he selected and lead a team of skilled project managers, supervisors, customer service representatives and field technicians to design, install, splice and maintain a redundant ringed fiber optic network through the use of hardwired fiber optic lines and wireless sending/receiving units.
- • Milestones include, but are not limited to: LED/Solar lighting conversion analysis, procurement and implementation of FDOT grant funds for pedestrian lighting and fiber optic communication lines, consolidation of the Public Works and Engineering Department’s Traffic Divisions including security and standard operating procedures.
- • Project milestones include, but are not limited to: project and budget management of Federally-funded “Americans Recovery and Reinvestment Act” (ARRA) sidewalk and roadway projects: The 2010 Westmoreland milling and resurfacing project  was designed and estimated with a construction duration of 84 calendar days with a budget of $1.754 million dollars. The project was completed in only 20 days with a cost savings of over $900,000.00. The 2010 SW California sidewalk project was designed with an estimated construction duration of 60 calendar days and a budget of $145,000.00, this project was completed in 14 days with a cost savings of almost $80,000.00.
- • Resident expert for all of the City’s various departments and active continuing services contractors for ADA compliance. Design and project management of the City’s of Port St. Lucie’s “School Bus Stop Shelter” pilot program. Design and development of numerous FDOT sponsored “Safe Routes to Schools” sidewalk safety improvement projects. Management and implementation of the City of Port St. Lucie’s “Sidewalk Priority” program which designed and constructed approximately 11.5 miles of ADA compliant, pedestrian friendly sidewalk within a 3 year period. Member of the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) Community Traffic Safety Team, St. Lucie County School Board Bus Stop Committee, 2010 St. Lucie County Fire District Strategic Planning Committee and 2009 United States Department of Justice vs. City of Port St. Lucie Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Settlement Agreement negotiation team.
- Project Manager, Asphalt Maintenance
- Palm City, FL - Duraseal of the Treasure Coast, Inc.
- August 2000 - May 2005
- • Project scheduling and management for well-known Martin County paving and roadway maintenance company installing roadway signage, roadway markings, asphalt, curbing and other roadway facilities in compliance with applicable State and Federal standards.
- • Florida Department of Transportation – ADA for Construction Course – November 2009
- • Florida Department of Transportation – ADA for Roadway Design Course – November 2009
- • Florida Department of Transportation – EEO, DBE and Payroll Compliance on Local Area Projects including USDOT – November 2009
- • Florida Department of Transportation – EEO, DBE and Payroll Compliance on Local Area Projects including USDOT – September 2009
- • Florida Transportation Technology Transfer Center, ADA/Accessibility Requirements for Highway Design Certification – July 2008
- • International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) – Roadway Lighting Certification Program – Roadway Lighting Specialist Level I – July 2008
- • Metropolitan Planning Organization Advisory Council – Institute for the St. Lucie County TPO – June 2009
- • Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center UNC Highway Safety Research Center for Federal Highway Administration, Office of Highway Safety – Designing for Pedestrian Safety – June 2008
- • Florida Department of Transportation – Level of Service Certification – September 2007
- • Florida Engineering Society - Advanced Work Zone Traffic Control (MOT) Certification – October 2007
- • Sunshine Safety Council – Work Zone Traffic Control Intermediate Course – August 2007
- • US Department of Homeland Security – Emergency Management Institute – IS-00800.A National Response Plan (NRP), an Introduction – June 2007
- • US Department of Homeland Security – Emergency Management Institute – IS-00200 ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents – June 2007
- • American Safety & Health Institute – CPR and AED – March 2010
- • Department of Environmental Protection, Stormwater Management Inspector – December 2006
- • International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) – Signs & Markings – May 2011
- • Non-Discrimination & Anti-Harassment Supervisor Training – City of San Jose, CA – October 2011
- • Member of the Florida Engineering Society and National Engineering Society (FES/NSPE) – Current
- • Member of the International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) – Florida Section – Current
- • San Jose Chamber of Commerce – Today’s Young Professionals – Current
- ^ http://www.morningsidechurch.com/uploads/BusinessDirectory.pdf
- ^ http://dot-web/DOT_Newsletter/October2011.pdf
- ^ http://clubs.db.erau.edu/dbasce/Pictures-serc_20072.html
- ^ http://dot-web/DOT_Newsletter/October2011.pdf
- ^ http://www.morningsidechurch.com/uploads/BusinessDirectory.pdf
- ^ http://www.cityofpsl.com/engineering/news_stories/water-leak-lane-closure-bayshore-blvd-may-2011.html
- ^ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_St._Lucie,_Florida
- ^ http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2011/mar/08/two-years-in-crosstown-parkway-reducing-traffic/
- ^ http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2011/feb/24/port-st-lucies-path-to-using-energy-saving-led/?print=1
- ^ http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_st_lucie_county/port_st_lucie/port-st.-lucie-decides-to-keep-street-lights-on-at-night-instead-of-turning-them-off-to-save-money
- ^ http://www.wflx.com/story/14945345/port-st-lucie-looking-to-turn-the-lights-off
- ^ http://m.tcpalm.com/news/2011/apr/17/editorial-port-st-lucie-should-see-the-light-and/
- ^ http://psl.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=4&clip_id=2642
- ^ http://www.cityofpsl.com/engineering/news_stories/roadwork-begins-on-westmoreland-stimulus-project.html
- ^ http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/jul/31/30gtfirst-bus-stop-shelters-installed/
- ^ http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/jan/25/some-permanent-bus-shelters-expected-psl-next-scho/
- ^ http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2010/apr/20/port-st-lucie-receives-2m-for-sidewalks-bridges/
- Water main leak leads to lane closure on southbound Bayshore Boulevard
- Manager, Traffic Operations, City of Port St. Lucie, Florida
- Jesse T. Quirion - Linkedin
- Roadwork to begin this month on Westmoreland stimulus project
- Lights, cameras all lead to action at Treasure Coast intersections
- Port St. Lucie's path to using energy-saving LED streetlights not so clear
- City Axes Plan To Shut Off Lights To Save money
- Port St. Lucie looking to turn lights off
- Editorial: Port St. Lucie should see the light and turn off lights at its Civic Center
- Port St. Lucie receives $2M for sidewalks, pedestrian bridges
- Night construction reduces complaints about Port St. Lucie Boulevard work
- Motorists using Westmoreland may find trips disrupted by paving project
- First bus stop shelters installed in Port St. Lucie
- Bus shelters could be up by the fall in PSL
- Some permanent bus shelters expected in PSL by next school year
- PSL to install bus shelters for schoolchildren
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s ASCE student chapter
- Two years in, Crosstown Parkway reducing traffic on St. Lucie West Boulevard
- San Jose, CA - Department of Transportation, October 2011 Newsletter
- Port St. Lucie councilman: Should city turn off lights on parkways, Civic Center to save money?
- Road work on westbound Port St. Lucie Boulevard jamming up traffic
- Speed Limit Recommendations for Becker Road
- PERILS FOR PEDESTRIANS Episodes 176
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Cool FM 103,5 de Saint-Georges — Données clés Fondé en 1998 … Wikipédia en Français
White dwarf — For other uses, see White dwarf (disambiguation). Image of Sirius A and Sirius B taken by the Hubble Space Telescope. Sirius B, which is a white dwarf, can be seen as a faint pinprick of light to the lower left of the much brighter Sirius A … Wikipedia
Décès en 1996 — Décès 1992 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 Cette page dresse une liste de personnalités mortes au cours de l année 1996, par ordre… … Wikipédia en Français
Liste des personnalités décédées en 1996 — Décès en 1996 Décès 1996 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 Cette page dresse une liste de personnalités mortes au cours de l année 1996. Pour une information complémentaire, voir la page d aide.… … Wikipédia en Français
Naine Blanche — Traduction terminée White dwarf → … Wikipédia en Français
Naines blanches — Naine blanche Traduction terminée White dwarf → … Wikipédia en Français
Enana blanca — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Comparación de tamaños entre la enana blanca IK P … Wikipedia Español