- Xtreme Mod
eMule Xtreme Mod
eMule Xtreme Mod 8.0
Developer(s) Before v7.0: Xman
Since v7.0: zz_fly
Initial release 2004 Stable release ) [+/−](March 4, 2011 Preview release ) [+/−](May 16, 2010 Development status Current/Active Written in C++ Operating system Microsoft Windows Available in Multilingual (43 languages) Type Peer-to-peer file sharing License GNU General Public License Website xtreme-mod.net
eMule Xtreme Mod is a free peer-to-peer file sharing application for Microsoft Windows based on eMule, released under the GNU General Public License, coded in Microsoft Visual C++. It connects to the eDonkey network and the Kad network. It is one of the most popular eMule mods (modifications of the original eMule).
The eMule Xtreme Mod project was started in about 2004 by a German programmer "Xman". On January 2005, the project began to host on SourceForge.
Dynamic Leecher Protection (DLP) was added to Xtreme 4.5 released on September 27, 2005. It can identify and ban or reduce scores for some leecher mods. Now the DLP is used by some other eMule mods.
Xman couldn't be contacted after he released Xtreme v6.1 on August 2007, his website xtreme-mod.net remained unchanged until late 2010 but is being updated now. The current author is zz_fly who took over the project.
- Maella Bandwidthcontrol, caculates the real Overhead
- NAFC (network adapter feedback control)
- Advanced Uploadbandwidththrottler with adjustable slotspeed
- Xtreme Downloadmanager for a clever source-handling
- Improved Xtreme-Creditsystem
- Powerrelease with dynamic Hide OS, to release files faster
- Dynamic Leecher Protection (DLP), protects from leecher-mods
- Multi-threaded disc access
- Universal Plug and Play support (UPnP) for automatic router configuration
Dynamic Leecher Protection
Dynamic Leecher Protection (DLP) aims to protect clients from leecher-mods, this feature is applied by some of other eMule mods like: MagicAngel, X-Ray, NeoMule, CN, etc. and mods based on Xtreme, such as ScarAngel, Mephisto and Dreamule. Some or all versions of Xunlei, Vagaa, Tuotu, FlashGet, BitComet and other suspected leechers or GPL-breakers are in the blacklist of Xtreme's DLP library.
Chinese VeryCD easyMule implements DLP but uses its own modified source-closed library file. They removed Xunlei from the blacklist, and have wrongfully banned Xtreme, MorphXT and some other eMule Mods twice.
References and notes
- ^ "eMule Xtreme Mod Homepage". zz_fly. 2011-03-04. http://www.xtreme-mod.net/. Retrieved 2011-04-28.
- ^ "eMule Extreme Mod at SourceForge.net". Xtreme Mod@SourceForge.net. 2010-06-29. https://sourceforge.net/projects/emulextreme/. Retrieved 2010-07-08.
- ^ Xtreme mod is one of the most downloaded eMule mods on SourceForge, see "SourceForge.net: All-Time Top Downloads". http://sourceforge.net/top/topalltime.php?type=downloads. Retrieved 2009-09-19. It gets highest points from emule-mods.de, see "emule-mods.de". http://www.emule-mods.de/. Retrieved 2009-09-19.
- ^ See the readme file of Xtreme Mod.
- ^ "Xtreme FAQ" (in Chinese). eMule Fans. http://emulefans.com/xtreme-faq-settings-guide/. Retrieved 2010-06-09.
- ^ "VC的DLP对迅雷放行引发论坛骚乱" (in Chinese). hupisha. http://www.cnbeta.com/articles/70498.htm. Retrieved 20090926.
- ^ "VeryCD承认此次DLP为误杀Xtreme" (in Chinese). 20081123. http://www.cnbeta.com/articles/70519.htm. Retrieved 20090928.
- ^ "VeryCD公司DLP再次大面积误杀Xtreme等正规Mod" (in Chinese). http://emulefans.com/verycd-dlp-41-falsely-kills/. Retrieved 2010-05-04.
- Official Site
- Xtreme on SourceForge.net
- Xtreme on emule-mods.de
- Xtreme on GoogleCode
- Xtreme on Official eMule-Board
- Xtreme on eMule Fans (Chinese)
eDonkey network Technology Clients
Indexing sites Famous servers Peer-to-peer file sharing Networks and protocolsCentralizedDecentralized Comparisons of clients Hyperlinks Uses Concepts
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Xtreme Counter-Strike — (сокр. XTCS) любительская бесплатная модификация, сделанная пользователем под никнеймом bluelytning . Содержание 1 Типы игры 1.1 Zombie Unite 1.2 Team match 1.3 Ghost Mod … Википедия
EMule ScarAngel — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda eMule ScarAngel Mod Desarrollador Stulle  Información general … Wikipedia Español
Comparison of eDonkey software — The following tables compare general and technical information for a number of available applications supporting the eDonkey network. Contents 1 General 2 Features 3 Features (continued) 4 Versions … Wikipedia
DLP — is a three letter abbreviation with multiple meanings, as described below: Technology Data Loss Prevention is a field of computer security Digital Light Processing, a technology used in projectors and video projectors Discrete logarithm problem,… … Wikipedia
People of the Sengoku period in popular culture — Many significant Japanese historical people of the Sengoku period appear in works of popular culture such as anime, manga, and video games. This article presents information on references to historical people in such works.Akechi Mitsuhide Akechi … Wikipedia
Nintendo DS storage devices — Main article: Nintendo DS accessories The internals of an Acekard 2.1 DS flashcart shown below to a quarter and Micro SD card. Nintendo DS storage devices are some of the devices used to store a licensed developer s work in progress images,… … Wikipedia
Sound Blaster X-Fi — XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Sound Blaster X Fi is a lineup of sound cards in Creative Labs Sound Blaster series. Contents 1 … Wikipedia
Liero — is a computer game for DOS, first released by Finnish programmer Joosa Riekkinen in 1998. The game has been described as a real time version of Worms. It has many weapons and sounds from its precursor, MoleZ. Liero is Finnish for earthworm… … Wikipedia
Duke Nukem 3D — Developer(s) 3D Realms (MS DOS) Tiger Electronics (Game.com) Lion Entertainment, Inc. (Mac OS) Lobotomy Software (Sega Saturn) Aardvark Software (Playst … Wikipedia
Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown — Duke Nukem 3D Duke Nukem 3D Éditeur Apogee Software FormGen/GT Interactive Développeur 3D Realms Concepteur George Broussard, Todd Replogle Date de sortie 29 janvier 1996 (PC) 25 m … Wikipédia en Français