- Dycom Industries
Dycom Industries, Inc. Type Public (NYSE: DY) Founded 1969 Headquarters Palm Beach Gardens, Florida Revenue ~$1.00 billion USD (2010) Employees Cyclical Website www.dycomind.com
Dycom was listed on the NYSE with the trading symbol "DY" on September 24, 1990. Today, Dycom has grown to include over 30 operating subsidiaries.
Dycom designs fiber optic, copper and coaxial systems for the telecommunication and cable television providers. Dycom also provides inspection and management services, including obtaining the necessary rights and permits to the stated services. 
Construction, Maintenance, and Installation
Dycom performs construction and installation work for cable and telephone companies. Dycom assists telecommunication providers in deploying new networks and infrastructure. Services include excavation and construction related to installing and connecting fiber optic and copper cable. 
Dycom also performs premises wiring services for corporations and institutions on existing and new structures. Services include installing and maintaining telecommunications infrastructure such as optical fiber and wireless networks.
Underground Facility Locating Services
Prior to construction or excavation, Dycom provides locating services to identify telephone, cable, power, and utility lines in order to prevent damages to buried facilities.
Electric and Gas Utility
In addition, Dycom also performs maintenance services for electric and gas utility customers. Services include but are not limited to installation and construction of power distribution lines and gas pipeline distribution services.
As of 2011, top customers in telecom include AT&T, Comcast, Centurylink,Verizon, Windstream, and Charter Communications.  Dycom also works with Duke Energy, Edison International and other gas/utility companies.
- ^ "Dycom Industries, Inc (DY)". Thomson Reuters. http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/companyProfile?symbol=DY. Retrieved July 14, 2011.
- ^ "Operating Subsidiaries". Dycom Industries, Inc.. http://dycomind.com/subsidiaries.aspx. Retrieved July 13, 2011.
- ^ "Specialty Contracting Services". Dycom Industries, Inc.. http://dycomind.com/services.aspx. Retrieved July 11, 2011.
- ^ "Dycom Industries, Inc.". World Construction Network. http://www.worldconstructionnetwork.com/companies/dycom_industries_inc/. Retrieved July 14, 2011.
- ^ "Investor Center". Dycom Industries, Inc.. http://dycomind.com/investor-center.aspx. Retrieved July 13, 2011.
- "Dycom buys Communication Services". Charlotte Business Journal. November 22, 2010. http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2010/11/22/dycom-buys-communication-services.html. Retrieved July 13, 2011.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange (D) — New York Stock Exchange listed stocks: 0 9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W … Wikipedia
DY — Dysprosium (Academic & Science » Chemistry) * Dividend Yield (Business » Stock Exchange) * Dycom Industries, Inc. (Business » NYSE Symbols) * Destination Y (Governmental » Transportation) * Dylan Young (Community » Famous) … Abbreviations dictionary