Drugs.com Type Private Industry Healthcare Founded September 2001 Website http://www.drugs.com/
Drugs.com is an online pharmaceutical encyclopedia which provides drug information for consumers and healthcare professionals primarily in the USA.
The domain Drugs.com was originally registered by Bonnie Neubeck in 1994 . In 1999 at the height of the dotcom boom, Eric MacIver purchased an option to buy the domain from Neubeck . In Aug 1999, MacIver sold the domain at auction for US$823,456 to Venture Frogs, a startup incubator run by Tony Hsieh and Alfred Lin, best known for their involvement in LinkExchange and later Zappos.com . Venture Frogs sold the drugs.com domain name to a private investor in June 2001, allowing Hsieh & Lin to focus on Zappos.com .The Drugs.com website is owned and operated by the Drugsite Trust. The Drugsite Trust is a privately held Trust administered by two New Zealand Pharmacists. The Drugs.com website is hosted in a data center located in Virginia, USA.
Contact address: Drugsite Trust 25 Apollo Drive, Suite A North Shore Auckland 0632 New Zealand
The Drugs.com website was officially launched in September 2001 . The site contains a library of reference information which includes content from Cerner Multum, Micromedex from Thomson Reuters, Wolters Kluwer Health, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Physicians' Desk Reference, A.D.A.M., Stedmans, AHFS, Harvard Health Publications, North American Compendiums, PharmaLive, & Healthday .
In March 2008, Drugs.com announced the release of Mednotes  - an online personal medication record application which connected to Google Health (On June 24, 2011 Google announced it is retiring Google Health in January 1, 2012).
In May 2010, U.S. FDA announced a collaboration with Drugs.com to distribute consumer health updates on the Drugs.com website and mobile platform .
- ^ "A Prescription for Riches?". Wired.com. November 21, 1999. http://wired-vig.wired.com/techbiz/media/news/1999/07/20845. Retrieved July 2, 2010.
- ^ "The best domain names in the world... ever!". Internet Magazine. November 1, 1999. http://business.highbeam.com/437082/article-1G1-58326312/best-domain-names-world-ever. Retrieved July 2, 2010.
- ^ "Drugs.com Fetches Nearly a Mil". Wired.com. August 9, 1999. http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/news/1999/08/21190. Retrieved July 2, 2010.
- ^ "Drugs.com Kicks Domain Habit". Wired.com. June 1, 2001. http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/news/2001/06/44215. Retrieved July 2, 2010.
- ^ "Internet Archive Wayback Machine". http://web.archive.org/web/20011005172433/drugs.com/page.cfm?s=430,444,100000350. Retrieved July 2, 2010.
- ^ "Editorial Policy". http://www.drugs.com/editorial_policy.html. Retrieved July 2, 2010.
- ^ "Drugs.com Unveils the Next Generation Medication Safety Tool to Help Consumers Avoid Dangerous Drug Interactions". Reuters. November 24, 2008. http://www.reuters.com/article/idUS192237+24-Nov-2008+PRN20081124. Retrieved July 2, 2010.
- ^ "An update on Google Health and Google PowerMeter". http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/update-on-google-health-and-google.html. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
- ^ "FDA Announces Collaboration with Drugs.com". Food and Drug Administration. May 26, 2010. http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm212844.htm. Retrieved July 2, 2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Drugs (song) — Drugs Single by Ammonia from the album Mint 400 Released … Wikipedia
Drugs controlled by the UK Misuse of Drugs Act — Drugs controlled by the United Kingdom (UK) Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 are listed in this article. These drugs are known in the UK as controlled drugs, because this is the term by which the act itself refers to them. In more general terms, however … Wikipedia
com|pat|i|bly — com|pat|i|ble «kuhm PAT uh buhl», adj, noun. –adj. 1. able to exist together; that can get on well together; agreeing; in harmony: »Cats and birds are seldom compatible. SYNONYM(S): agreeable, congenial, congruous. 2. Biology. able to be… … Useful english dictionary
com|pat|i|ble — «kuhm PAT uh buhl», adj, noun. –adj. 1. able to exist together; that can get on well together; agreeing; in harmony: »Cats and birds are seldom compatible. SYNONYM(S): agreeable, congenial, congruous. 2. Biology. able to be transferred or… … Useful english dictionary
Drugs in Cambodia — In Cambodia, illegal drugs can be readily found and are easily accessible. The Cambodian drug trade includes cannabis, methamphetamine, and high grade heroin. It is reported that foreigners requesting cocaine are sometimes provided with heroin… … Wikipedia
Drugs and devices in the Year Zero alternate reality game — Year Zero an alternate reality game by Nine Inch Nails and 42 Entertainment Campaign Campaign timeline Year Zero album Survivalism … Wikipedia
Drugs I Need — For the Against All Will song, see The Drug I Need. Drugs I Need is a satirical animated short made by The Animation Farm and the Austin Lounge Lizards and produced by the Consumers Union. The animation parodies a regular pharmaceutical… … Wikipedia
War on drugs — DEA Agenten im Einsatz „War on Drugs“ (in etwa: „Krieg gegen Drogen“ bzw. „Kampf gegen Drogen“) bezeichnet eine Reihe von Maßnahmen im Rahmen der US Drogenpolitik, die gegen Herstellung, Handel und Konsum illegaler Drogen gerichtet sind. Der… … Deutsch Wikipedia
The War on Drugs — Infobox Film name = The War on Drugs director = Sebastian J. F. producer = Sebastian J. F. writer = Fate starring = Sharanda Jones Richard Paey Kevin C. Whaley Flora T. Francisco Santos Calderón Jorge Enrique Botero Ethan Nadelmann distributor =… … Wikipedia
Effect of psychoactive drugs on animals — Drugs administered to a spider affect its ability to build a web. … Wikipedia