- Argenis (wrestler)
Argenis Ring name(s) Dr. Karonte, Jr, (I)
Hijo del Dr Karonte
Born August 13, 1986
Mexico City, Mexico
Trained by Gran Apache Debut 2006
Argenis is a Mexican luchador enmascarado, or masked professional wrestler, currently working for the Mexican professional wrestling promotion Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA). Argenis is a part of the stable Real Fuerza Aérea, having officially joined the group in the summer of 2009. Argenis is the son of retired professional wrestler Dr. Karonte and has wrestled as Dr. Karonte, Jr. in the past, as well as Hijo del Dr. Karonte (Spanish for "Son of Dr. Karonte"). He's the brother of Sin Cara, one of the most popular Luchadors as well as the brother of Astro Boy, who is also a wrestler. His ring name is the Latin word for Silver, differentiating him from other Luchadors who use the word Spanish word for silver, Plata, in their ring name or nicknames. Argenis' real name is not a matter of public record, as is often the case with masked wrestlers in Mexico where their private lives are kept a secret from the wrestling fans. His patronymic surname is known though, as his father Manuel Almanza wrestled as Dr. Karonte, he was unmasked and revealed his full name per Lucha libre traditions. He is the brother of professional wrestlers Místico/Sin Cara, Astro Boy, Argos and an unspecified member of Los Mini Psycho Circus.
Professional wrestling career
Argenis made his professional wrestling debut in 2006, working as "Dr. Karonte, Jr.", named after his father. He would also work as "Hijo del Dr. Karonte", neither gimmick led to much success. By 2007 he began working for Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL) as a Rudo (Heel or "Bad guy") After he left CMLL he complained to several magazines that he felt that his brother Místico should have asked CMLL to give him more opportunities. After leaving CMLL he began working for International Wrestling Revolution Group (IWRG), but again met only with limited success, even after he became a tecnico (Face or "good guy").
In 2008 he was a part of a 30 man group of young wrestlers that got a tryout with Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA) head trainer Gran Apache. Argenis was one of only six wrestlers that made it through the rigorous trial period and won a match against the other five that gave him a job with AAA. The week after his tryout match he made his real AAA debut, working for the first time as Argenis, teaming with Pimpinela Escarlata, Cassandro and Billy Boy against Los Night Queens. Argenis was initially pushed as the "disgruntled brother of Místico". The push was soon halted as Argenis was nowhere near as talented in the ring as Místico and the comparison actually hurt Argenis' chances of the fans getting behind him. By the end of 2008 Argenis rarely worked televised matches, instead working with AAA trainers to improve in the ring. In early 2009 Argenis slowly returned to AAA television, often teaming with Real Fuerza Aérea in trios matches with Real Fuerza Aérea members Laredo Kid, Aero Star and Super Fly, but was not officially a member of the group. By mid-2009, after Real Fuerza Aérea member El Angel left AAA Argenis was finally made an official member of the group. On September 26, 2009 Argenis made his first appearance at one of AAA*s major shows as he teamed with Real Fuerza Aérea members Atomic Boy and Laredo Kid to defeat Poder del Norte (Rio Bravó, Tigre Cota and Tito Santana) in the opening match of Heroes Inmortales III, in a ''Lucha o Oscuras or "Glow in the dark" Six-man tag team match that took place under a Blacklight with the wrestlers wearing fluorescent outfits. In June 2011, Argenis' brother Astro Boy II joined AAA and Real Fuerza Aérea under the new ring name Argos.
- Finishing moves
- Signature moves
- No hands Plancha
- ^ Madigan, Dan (2007). "Okay... what is Lucha Libre?". Mondo Lucha Libre: the bizarre & honorable world of wild Mexican wrestling. HarperColins Publisher. pp. 29–40. ISBN 978-0-06-085583-3.
- ^ Boutwell, Josh (August 26, 2011). "Viva La Raza! Lucha Weekly". WrestleView. http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1314399534. Retrieved August 27, 2011.
- ^ a b c SuperLuchas staff (November 30, 2007). "Entravista con Argenis" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas. issue 291.
- ^ a b LuchaLibreAAA Staff. "Tecnicos - Argenis" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. http://www.luchalibreaaa.com/luchadores/tecnicos/argenis.html. Retrieved October 31, 2009.
- ^ a b Box y Lucha staff (November 25, 2008). "Argenis no soy el nuevo Místico" (in Spanish). Box y Lucha Magazine: pp. 21–2. issue 2899.
- ^ "Promociones Contreras" (in German). CageMatch.net. February 20, 2009. http://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=35889. Retrieved October 23, 2009.
- ^ "AAA on Televisa #886" (in German). CageMatch.net. April 21, 2009. http://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=38289. Retrieved October 23, 2009.
- ^ "Promociones Contreras" (in German). CageMatch.net. July 25, 2009. http://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=41902. Retrieved October 23, 2009. "Real Fuerza Aérea AAA (Argenis, Laredo Kid & Super Fly) besiegen Poder del Norte (Rio Bravo, Tigre Cota & Tito Santana)"
- ^ Marquina, Alva (September 26, 2009). "AAA- Héroes Inmortales III- (Resultados en vivo 26 septiembre 2009) – Cibernético gana el Trofeo Antonio Peña – Electroshock sustituye a Charly Manson contra Chessman – El luchador sorpresa fue Konan Big" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. http://superluchas.net/2009/09/26/aaa-heroes-inmortales-homenaje-a-antonio-pena-resultados-en-vivo-26-septiembre-2009-%C2%BFque-pasara-con-la-lucha-entre-charly-manson-y-chessman-%C2%BFquien-sera-el-luchador-sorpresa/. Retrieved September 27, 2009.
- ^ "Argos la nueva sorpresa de AAA" (in Spanish). Mi Lucha Libre. June 5, 2011. http://miluchalibre.com/2011/06/argos-la-nueva-sorpresa-de-aaa/. Retrieved June 5, 2011.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Místico — in January 2006. Ring name(s) Dr. Karonte, Jr. Astro Boy … Wikipedia
Aero Star — Ring name(s) El Acuático El Chamagol Chiva Rayada II Aero Star Billed height 1.69 m (5 ft 6 1⁄2 in) Billed weight … Wikipedia
Místico — Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde Mistico pose pour la foule. Données générales Nom complet Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde … Wikipédia en Français
List of people from El Paso, Texas — This is a list of famous people who were born in, or have lived in, El Paso, Texas.In Politics Government*Ted Bender, El Paso Councilmember TV personality *Jeff Bingaman, U.S. Senator *Captain John L. Chapin, World War II hero *Gordon R. Davis,… … Wikipedia
University of Texas at El Paso — Infobox University name = The University of Texas at El Paso established = 1914 type = Public endowment = N/A [ [http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/directory/brief/drglance 3661 brief.php USNews.com: America s Best Colleges 2008: University … Wikipedia