- Boonmark Sirinaovakul
Boonmark Sirinaovakul is an associate professor at and currently the President of Stamford International University, Thailand, and a member of Alpha Phi Mu (Industrial Engineering) and Tau Beta Pi (Mathematics) Honorary Societies in the United States.
Since 1979, Dr. Boonmark has been the author of fifteen publications and co-author of an additional eight. His work has been published in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Thailand. He has also presented papers at international conferences and summits in France and Switzerland.
Dr. Boonmark was born on the 19th of August, 1955. He is the son of Mr. Somsak Sirinaovakul. He has one brother named Booncharoen.
He is married to Kanlaya Sirinaovakul and has a daughter named Boonyakorn (Nickname: Madee).
Dr. Boonmark received a Bachelor's Degree from King Mongkut's Institute of Technology in 1978 and a Master's Degree from Chulalongkorn University in 1981, both in Electrical Engineering. From there, he proceeded to the United States and, in 1983, earned an M.S. in Engineering Management from the University of Missouri at Rolla. In 1987 he finished his formal education with a Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering from Wichita State University, Kansas and was awarded an Engineer-in-Training Certificate by the State of Kansas. From 1983-1987, he was the recipient of Doctoral Fellowship Awards from Wichita State University.
Dr. Boonmark has attended a training program at the PSB Corp. in Singapore for chief executive officers and additional programs at the Fredich Naumann Foundation in Bonn, Germany (Political Strategies, Political Economy, Rules of Law) and at the Andersen Consulting School in Chicago, Illinois in the United States (METHOD/1, Programming Foundations, System Analysis and Design, Client Service).
During his academic career, Dr. Boonmark was Founding Dean of the Graduate School of Computer and Engineering Management at Assumption University, Bangkok and has served as an advisory board member, council member, and assistant president at several universities in Thailand. He also held the following posts:
- Provost of Cyber University (Rangsit University)
- Provost of Dhurakij-Bundit University
- Dean of Graduate School (Assumption University - ABAC)
In addition, he has been a visiting professor at the University of Missouri in Rolla, USA. His non-academic experience includes business consultant and managing director.
Since 1996, Dr. Boonmark has been a weekly writer for Dailynews and a D.J. for radio programs at FM99.25, FM107.5, AM1287 and AM1593.
Dr. Boonmark has conducted extensive scientific researches. His works include:
- Manufacturing Execution System for Chemical Industry.
- Six Sigma Process Implementation for Electronic Industry.
- Learning Potential for Thai Manufacturing Industry.
- Innovation Diffusion Process and Regional Policies for Thailand.
- Strategic Information Technology Plan for Thai Banking Business.
- A Mathematical Model for Spatial Innovation Diffusion : A Case of Robotics in USA.
- NP Junction Solar Cell Simulation.
- ^ Message from the President (Assoc. Prof. Dr. Boonmark Sirinaovakul)
- ^ Analysis of technological learning for the Thai manufacturing industry, ScienceDirect, 1999
- ^ A descriptive mathematical model of spatial diffusion of an innovation: a case study of the american robotics technology, ACM Digital Library, 1987
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.