- Dowling Stough
Dow Stough, M.D., is an American dermatologist and a major contributor to Dermatology research through his contributions to an improved method of hair transplantation. He is also the founder and principal investigator of Burke Pharmaceutical research facility and the Stough Clinic of hair Restoration in [[Hot Springs, AR] and Dallas, TX.  He is also accredited with a variety of publications, studies, investigations, and advancements in the field of dermatology including the Propecia studies, proving that Propecia works in the majority of hair loss sufferers.
Dow graduated from the University of Arkansas School of Medicine, Little Rock, Arkansas in 1984. He interned at Baptist Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee and completed a three-year residency at the University of Arkansas Medical Science Campus in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology
- Diplomate of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery.
- Association of Clinical Research Professionals, Clinical Investigator Certification Examination, March 2004
- Received the Manfred Lucas Lifetime Acheivement Award, October 2010. This award is given by hair transplantation peers at the annual International Society for Hair Restoration Surgeons (ISHRS). It is an honor not awarded each year.
- Achieved accreditation by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), January 2004 Texas Medical Association, CME Course, “Medical Ethics for the Practicing Physician,” April 11, 2002.
- St. Joseph’s Mercy Health Center, “ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Certificate of Achievement,” August 28, September 11,18,25 and October 6, 2001.
- American Medical Association, “Physicians Recognition Award,” August 1, 2000.
- Winner of the “Golden Follicle Award” at the 7th Annual Meeting of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, San Francisco, October 1999. Award given based on the most significant scientific contribution to the field of hair restoration surgery.
- Dow B. Stough, M.D., Course Director and Speaker, Hair Replacement Surgery Live Workshop, 1996 to present.
- Past President 1993-94 and Founder of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.
- Recipient of the Dermatology Resident Publication Award given annually by CUTIS Medical Journal, fall 1989.
- Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship sponsored by the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgeons at the Stough Dermatology and Dermatologic Plastic Surgery Clinic, June 1988 - June 1989.
- Research project finalist in a national contest sponsored by Westwood Pharmaceuticals. Project titled "Modification of a Trypsin-Detergent Method for DNA Flow Cytometry of Human Epidermis," March 1988.
- Co-Editor, ISHRS Forum International Newsletter, 1999–2001
- Contributing Editor, Peer Review Panel, Cosmetic Dermatology, March 1997 to present
- Feature Editor of Dermatologic Surgery, November 1996–present
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology – (UAMS) University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, 1988–present
- “Nouri: Techniques in Dermatologic Surgery”. Nouri& Leal-Khouri, August 2003, Elsevier
- “Black Book – The Top Dermatologists for the Most Wanted Procedures Coast to Coast” More Magazine, Pg. 110, April 2003, Vol. 6, No. 3, Meredith Corporation
- Hair Restoration, Dow Stough, M.D., Jeff Whitworth, M.D., David Seager, M.D. Dermatology, Bolognia, Jorizzo, and Rapini. Volume II, Section 22 Cosmetic Surgery, pgs 2425-2438, Mosby 2003
- Guest Editor Dermatologic Clinics, Hair Restoration and Laser Hair Removal, W.B. Saunders, Volume 17, No. 2, April 1999, Dow B. Stough, M.D., Preface and Editorial Authorship
- “Methodology of Follicular Unit Transplantation”, Dermatologic Clinics, W.B. Saunders, Volume 17, No. 2, April 1999, Pages 297-306, Dow Stough, M.D. and Jeffrey M. Whitworth, M.D.
- “Hair Replacement,” Textbook of Dermatologic Surgery, Lippencott-Raven, Pages 499-545, 1998, Dow B. Stough, M.D., et al.
- “Male Pattern Alopecia - Surgical Options,” Dermatologic Clinics, W.B. Saunders, Vol. 15, No. 4, Pages 609-622, October 1997, Dow B. Stough, M.D., and John E. Miner, M.D.
- "Single Hair Grafting," Roenigk & Roenigk’s Dermatologic Surgery, Marcel Dekker, Inc., Chapter 70, Page 1205-1212, 1996, Dow B. Stough, M.D. and Francisco J. Jimenez, M.D.
- Hair Replacement: Surgical and Medical, Mosby Year-Book Inc., Copyright 1995 Dow B. Stough, M.D., and Robert S. Haber, M.D.
- "The Donor Area," Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America, W.B. Saunders Company, Volume 2, Number 2, May 1994 chapter by Dow B. Stough, M.D., and Marc A. Pomerantz, M.D.
- "Hair Bearing Flaps," Cutaneous Surgery, Textbook by Ronald G. Wheeland, M.D., Chapter 42, Pg. 534-548, 1994, Dow B. Stough, M.D., D. Bluford Stough III, M.D., and Thomas P. Chu, M.D.
- "Hair Replacement Techniques," Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Textbook Chapter 25, Page 215, 1992, Dow B. Stough, M.D. and D. Bluford Stough III, M.D.
- "Tecnicas Para Reemplazo Del Pelo," Cirugia Dermatologica Practica, Textbook Chapter 14, Page 191 - 204, 1992, Dow B. Stough, M.D. and D. Bluford Stough III, M.D.
- An Evidence-Based Approach to Hair Loss and Restoration, Dow Stough, MD, The American Journal of Clinical Proceedings, Vol. 4, December 2004
- Site Angulation Study, Matt L. Leavitt, DO, Dow Stough, MD and David Perez-Meza, MD, International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Dermatology, Vol. 3, No. 2, pg 127-130, 2001
- In Support of Follicular Unit Transplantation, Robert M. Bernstein, MD, William R. Rassman, MD, and Dow B. Stough, MD, Dermatologic Surgery, Vol. 26, No. 2, pg 160-162, February 2000
- Editorial Commentary for James M. Swinehart, MD, “Hair Repair Surgery”, Dermatologic Surgery, Vol. 25, No.7, July 1999, pg. 529
- “Comparison of Graft Implant Techniques for Hair Transplantation,” Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery,
Stough et al., Volume 18, No.2, June 1999, Pages 177-183
- “Standardizing the Classification and Description of Follicular Unit Transplantation and Mini-Micrografting Techniques,” Dow Stough, M.D., et al. Dermatologic Surgery 1998;24:957-963
- Guest Editor of Dermatologic Surgery, Introductory Editorial - Special Issue on Hair, Vol. 23, No. 9, September 1997
- “The Knudsen Nomenclature - Standardizing Terminology of Graft Sizes,” Dow Stough, M.D. and George L. Bondar, D.O., Dermatologic Surgery, Special Issue - Hair, Vol. 23, No. 9, pg. 763-765, September 1997
- “Philosophy and Technique in Hair Restoration Surgery,” Mosby Medical Journal: Current Problems in Dermatology,
Vol. 9, No. 4, pgs. 113-36, July/August 1997
- “Hair Transplants associated with litany of complications,” Dermatology Times, Vol. 17, No. 9, Pg. 25-26, September 1996
- "Mini and Micrografting Hair Transplantation - Practical Considerations," Dow Stough, M.D., and Francisco Jimenez, M.D., Cosmetic Dermatology, ASDS Special Issue, Sept.-Oct. 1995
- "Post-Transplant Epidermoid Cysts Secondary to Small Graft Hair Transplantation,” 21:863-866, David A. Whiting, M.D., FACP, Dowling B. Stough, M.D., Dermatologic Surgery, October 1995
- "Surgical Pearl: The Yeh needle - A solid needle for single hair recipient sites," Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Vol. 32, No. 6, pg. 1041-1042, June 1995
- "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow--It'll Soon Be Here," Dermatologic Surgery, 21:415-416, Dow Stough, M.D., Francisco Jimenez, M.D., Marc Avram, M.D., May 1995
- "Patient Selection Vital to Hair Transplant Outcome," Dermatology Times, written by Paula Moyer (presented by Dow Stough, M.D., at ASDS meeting, San Diego, Ca.) September 1994
- "The Donor Area," Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America, Volume 2, Number 2, Page 139-148, Dow B. Stough, M.D., and Marc A. Pomerantz, M.D., May 1994
- "Hair Transplant Surgeons Using Smaller Grafts," Dermatology Times, Vol. 15, No. 2, Pg. 1, written by Paula Moyer (presented by Dow B. Stough, M.D., at AAD meeting December 4–9, 1994), February 1994
- "Single Hair Grafting for Advanced Male Pattern Alopecia," Cosmetic Dermatology, Vol. 6, No. 11, Pg. 11-15, November 1993
- "Legal Obligations of Hair Transplant Surgery: Covering the Basics," Cosmetic Dermatology, Vol. 6, No. 10, Pg. 21-25, October 1993
- "Curly Lusterless Hair: Anatomic Surface Changes on Transplanted Hair Shafts," Journal of Dermatologic Surgery and Oncology, Vol. 19, Pg. 1129-1133, 1993
- "Gone Today, Hair Tomorrow - The Bald Facts on Hair Loss," Better Home
- ^ http://www.burkepharmaceutical.com/personnel_pi.html
- ^ www.burkepharmaceutical.com
- ^ http://www.burkepharmaceutical.com/personnel_pi.html
Uncited material may come from http://www.burkepharmaceutical.com/personnel_pi.html.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Stough — ist der Familienname folgender Personen: Con Stough, australischer Hochschullehrer Dowling Stough, US amerikanischer Dermatologe Eric Stough (* 1972), US amerikanischer Animationsregisseur Diese Seite ist eine Begriffsklärung zur Unters … Deutsch Wikipedia