- Dong (Chinese surname)
Dong Family name Region of origin China
- Liaoning state people Shu An(叔安)'s offspring Dong Fu(董父) has surname Dong (董)
- Dong (董) is Chu (state)'s surname from Ji(己, Ki), Zhu Rong
- Dong (董) from Guan Ming(public ofiice name) of Jin (Chinese state)
Notable people with the family name Dong 董
- Tung Chao Yung (董浩雲), Onassis of the Orient.
- Tung Chee Hwa (董建華), the first Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Dong Qiao (董橋), Chinese writer
- Dong Fangzhuo (董方卓). Chinese football striker.
- Dong Zhongshu (董仲舒) a Han Dynasty scholar
- Dong Zhuo (董卓) a warlord during the late Eastern Han Dynasty and Three Kingdoms Period in ancient China.
- Dong Yuan (董源) (c.934 – c.962) Chinese painter
- Dong Qichang (董其昌) (1555 – 1636) painter, scholar, calligrapher, and art theorist of the later period of the Ming Dynasty.
- Tung Ying-chieh (董英杰) (1898 – 1961) t'ai chi teacher
- Dong Hu Ling (董虎岭) (1918 – 1992) t'ai chi teacher
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dong (Vietnamese surname) — Dong is a surname of Vietnamese (or Sino Vietnamese) origin, it is the anglicized variation of the surname Đồng or Đổng. In Chinese, Đồng is transliterated as Tong and Đổng is transliterated as Dong. Reference Đổng Trọng Thư (Dong Zhongshu).… … Wikipedia
Chinese surname — Chinese family names have been historically used by Han Chinese and Sinicized Chinese ethnic groups in mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and among overseas Chinese communities. In ancient times two types of surnames, family names (Chinese: 姓;… … Wikipedia
Dong — may refer to: Asian languages Vietnamese đồng (₫), the currency unit of Vietnam Dong people (侗族), an ethnic minority group in China Dong language Dong Lake, a lake in the Hunan Province of China Dong quai, a medicinal herb Dong (동 or 洞), a… … Wikipedia
Chinese given name — Chinese given names (Chinese: 名字; pinyin: míngzì) are generally made up of one or two characters, and are written after the family name, therefore John Paul Smith as a Chinese name would be read Smith John Paul . Chinese names can consist of any… … Wikipedia
Chinese Indonesians — For notable Indonesian people of Chinese descent, see List of Chinese Indonesians. Chinese Indonesians Chinese Indonesians pray at a temple in Glodok, Jakar … Wikipedia
Dong (surname) — Dong (董 in pinyin: Dǒng; Standard Romanization (Cantonese): Tung) is a common Chinese family names.Prominent people with the family name Dong 董* Tung Chao Yung (董浩雲), Onassis of the Orient. * Tung Chee Hwa (董建華), the first Chief Executive of the… … Wikipedia
Chinese language romanisation in Singapore — Chinese romanization Mandarin for Standard Chinese Hanyu Pinyin (ISO standard) EFEO Gwoyeu Romatzyh Spelling conventions Latinxua Sin Wenz Mandarin… … Wikipedia
Yuan (surname) — Yuan (, Audio|zh yuan2.ogg|pronunciation) is a Chinese surname ranked 37th in China by population.Is Yuen in Canton and Hong Kong, Cantonese Phonetic is Yuen . [Chinese surnames pronounced yuán which still exist include: , , , , , and ; surnames… … Wikipedia
Yang (surname) — Yang is the transcription of the Chinese family name 楊 / 杨. It is the sixth most common surname in Mainland China. Contents 1 Characters 2 … Wikipedia
Romanization of Mandarin Chinese — National language (國語; Guóyǔ) written in Traditional and Simplified Chinese characters, followed by Hanyu Pinyin, Gwoyeu Romatzyh, Tongyong Pinyin and Wade Giles romanizations. Chinese romanization Mandarin for Stand … Wikipedia