- Don River (Queensland)
Don River Origin Clarke Ranges Mouth Coral Sea near Bowen Length 60 km (37 mi) Source elevation 250 m (820 ft) Basin area 1,200 km2 (460 sq mi)
The Don River is a short river in North Queensland which empties into the Coral Sea near Bowen, Queensland. It is not to be confused to the Don River in Central Queensland which is a tributary of the Fitzroy River.
The source of the river is in the Clarke Ranges, west of Proserpine. The river runs about 60 kilometres (37 mi) in a northerly direction to its mouth falling about 250 metres (820 ft) over its length. Over its length it drains about 1,200 square kilometres (460 sq mi).
Management concerns were raised after floods in February 2008. Deposits of sand which have raised the riverbed considerably were attributed to the flooding. Approval to dredge sand has already been granted by the state government however only about half of that has been removed in recent years. A flood in 2008 lead the Whitsunday Regional Council to create a channel so that similar flooding could be avoided.
A management plan for the river was established late in 2008. It included measures to encourage further sand extraction.
- ^ a b c "Flood Warning System For The Don River". Bureau of Meteorology. Commonwealth of Australia. http://www.bom.gov.au/hydro/flood/qld/brochures/don/don.shtml. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
- ^ a b "Water resources - Overview - Queensland: Groundwater Management Unit: Don River". Australian Natural Resources Atlas. Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities. 15 June 2009. http://www.anra.gov.au/topics/water/overview/qld/gmu-don-river.html. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
- ^ "Bowen council seeks approval to dredge Don River". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 21 February 2008. http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/02/21/2168817.htm. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
- ^ "Hope for channel to stop Don River flooding". ABC News Online (Australian Broadcasting Corporation). 12 January 2009. http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/01/12/2463624.htm. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
- ^ "Govt to invest $1.4m in Don River flood prevention". ABC Tropical North (Australian Broadcasting Corporation). 3 September 2008. http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/09/03/2354160.htm?site=tropic. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Don River — or River Don may refer to: Contents 1 Australia 2 Canada 3 France 4 … Wikipedia
Don River (Dawson River) — Don RiverVorlage:Infobox Fluss/GKZ fehlt Lage Queensland (Australien) Flusssystem Fitzroy River Abfluss über Dawson River → Fitzr … Deutsch Wikipedia
Don River Bridge, Bowen — Don River Bridge Carries Motor vehicles Crosses Don River Locale Bowen, Queensland, … Wikipedia
Don River Bridge, Rannes — Don River Bridge Carries Motor vehicles Crosses Don River Locale Rannes, Queensland, … Wikipedia
Don River — ist der Name folgender Flüsse: in Kanada: Don River (Ontario), zum Hafen von Toronto in Australien: Don River (Dawson River) in Queensland Don River (Korallensee) in Queensland Don River (Tasmanien), zur Tasmansee … Deutsch Wikipedia
Don River (disambiguation) — There are several rivers named Don: NOTOC Australia*Don River (Fitzroy), Queensland, a tributary of the Fitzroy River *Don River (Bowen), Queensland, a river near Bowen *Don River, Tasmania, Australia, a river near DevonportCanada*Don River… … Wikipedia
Dawson River (Queensland) — Dawson River Dawson River bei MouraVorlage:Infobox Fluss/KARTE fehlt DatenVorla … Deutsch Wikipedia
Dee River (Queensland) — Dee RiverVorlage:Infobox Fluss/GKZ fehlt Lage Queensland (Australien) Flusssystem Fitzroy River Abfluss über Don River → Dawson R … Deutsch Wikipedia
Dawson River (Queensland) — Dawson River Origin Carnarvon Range Mouth confluence with the Mackenzie River Basin countries … Wikipedia
Fitzroy River (Queensland) — Infobox River river name = Fitzroy River caption = Dawn breaks on the Fitzroy River as it passes through Rockhampton origin = Confluence of Dawson and Mackenzie rivers mouth = Pacific Ocean near Port Alma, Queensland basin countries = length =… … Wikipedia