- Discovery Networks Western Europe
Discovery Networks Western Europe Type Cable television, Digital television Founded 1989 Headquarters London, United Kingdom Number of locations Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm Area served Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City State Key people Dee Forbes Parent Discovery Communications
Discovery Networks Western Europe is a branch of Discovery Networks International.
It holds the responsibility for overseeing Discovery Networks International channels in 30 different countries including the United Kingdom, Ireland, Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, France, the Netherlands and other territories, comprising 18 brands.
It started out with the launch of the Discovery Channel in Europe in 1989 and was for a long time a part of Discovery Networks Europe (DNE). In mid 2007, DNE was split into two separate branches, Discovery Networks UK and Discovery Network EMEA, both headquartered in London. Again in 2011, Discovery Networks Europe was split into to key branches Discovery Networks Western Europe (DNWE) and Discovery Networks CEEMEA (Central & Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa). DNEW is located in London and DNCEMEA in Warsaw.
- The Discovery Channel has been the number one factual channel throughout its 20 year history in Europe. Discovery Networks Western Europe (DNWE) comprises of previous operations Discovery Networks UK, Discovery Networks Nordic, Discovery Networks Benelux, Discovery Networks Europe and Discovery Networks Deutschland.
- Discovery Channel has been the number one pay TV factual channel in the UK since its first International launch (April 1989). There are now thirteen channel brands in the UK.
- Discovery Channel is the number one International channel for men 25-40 in France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Flanders.
The network operates in eleven European languages: a pan-European English speaking channel and channels in Danish, Dutch, English for UK, Ireland and Iceland, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish.
- ^ http://corporate.discovery.com/media/uploads/pdf/west-facts-1Q11.pdf
- ^ "Discovery splits UK and EMEA operations". Digital Spy. January 24, 2007. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a42002/discovery-splits-uk-and-emea-operations.html.
- ^ a b c http://corporate.discovery.com/media/uploads/pdf/west-facts-1Q11.pdf
- Discovery Network Western Europe at Discovery Communications
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Discovery Networks UK — Type Cable television, Digital television Founded 1989 Headquarters London … Wikipedia
Discovery Networks Deutschland — Type Cable television, Digital television Founded 2006 Headquarters Munich, Germany Number of locations London, Bucharest, Budapest, Copenhagen … Wikipedia
Discovery Networks Benelux — Type Cable television, Digital television Founded 2008 Headquarters Amsterdam, Netherlands Number of locations London, Bucharest, Budapest, Copenhagen … Wikipedia
Discovery Networks CEEMEA — Type Cable television, Digital television Founded 1989 (as Discovery Networks Europe), 2011 (as Discovery Networks CEEMEA) Headquarters … Wikipedia
Discovery Networks EMEA — Official Logo Discovery Networks Europe is a subsidiary of Discovery Networks International. The network was established in 1989 with its headquarters based in London and New York. As of February 2011 … Wikipedia
Discovery Channel (UK TV channel) — Discovery Channel Launched 1 April 1989 Owned by Discovery Networks Western Europe Picture format 16:9, 576i (SDTV) … Wikipedia
Discovery Science (UK TV channel) — Discovery Science Launched 20 July 1997 Owned by Discovery Networks Western Europe Picture format 576i (16:9 SDTV) Audience share 0.1% 0.0% (+1) (June 2011, BARB) Country United … Wikipedia
Discovery Shed — Launched 20 March 2009 Owned by Discovery Networks Western Europe Audience share 0.1% (June 2011, BARB) … Wikipedia
Discovery History — Launched 26 January 1999 Owned by Discovery Networks Western Europe Picture format 16:9, 576i (SDTV) Audience share … Wikipedia
Discovery Travel & Living (UK & Ireland) — Discovery Travel Living Launched 1998 Owned by Discovery Networks Western Europe Audience share 0.0% (June 2011 … Wikipedia