- Differential diagnosis of dyspnea
Many different conditions can lead to the feeling of dyspnea (shortness of breath). DiagnosisPro, an online medical expert system, listed 497 in October 2010. The most common cardiovascular causes are acute myocardial infarction and congestive heart failure while common pulmonary causes include: chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, pneumothorax, and pneumonia.
- Obstructive lung diseases
- Diseases of lung parenchyma and pleura
- Pulmonary vascular diseases
- Obstruction of the airway
- Immobilization of the diaphragm
- Restriction of the chest volume
- Disorders of the cardiovascular system
- Aortic dissection
- Congenital heart disease
- CREST syndrome
- Heart failure
- Ischaemic heart disease
- Malignant hypertension
- Pericardium disorders, including:
- Pulmonary edema
- Pulmonary embolism
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Valvular heart disease
- Disorders of the blood and metabolism
- Disorders affecting breathing nerves and muscles
- Psychological conditions
- ^ http://en.diagnosispro.com/differential_diagnosis-for/poisoning-specific-agent-dyspnea/25103-154-100.html
- ^ Shiber JR, Santana J (May 2006). "Dyspnea". Med. Clin. North Am. 90 (3): 453–79. doi:10.1016/j.mcna.2005.11.006. PMID 16473100.
- ^ . PMID 10770035.
- ^ Simpson, Kathleen Rice; Patricia A Creehan (2007). Perinatal Nursing (3rd ed.). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. pp. 66. ISBN 9780781767590. http://books.google.com/?id=oz_4cTmVFD4C&pg=PA66.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dyspnea — ICD 10 R06.0 ICD 9 786.09 DiseasesDB 15892 … Wikipedia
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis — Classification and external resources Extensive lung fibrosis from usual interstitial pneumonitis ICD 10 J … Wikipedia
Myocardial infarction — Heart attack redirects here. For other uses, see Heart attack (disambiguation). Myocardial infarction Classification and external resources Diagram of a myocardial infarction (2) of the tip of the anterior wall of the heart (an apical infarct)… … Wikipedia
Allergy — Classification and external resources Hives are a common allergic symptom. ICD 10 T78.4 … Wikipedia
Boerhaave syndrome — Esophageal rupture Classification and external resources ICD 10 K22.3 ICD 9 530.4 … Wikipedia
Asthma — For other uses, see Asthma (disambiguation). Asthma Classification and external resources Peak flow meters are used to measure one s peak expiratory flow rate ICD 10 … Wikipedia
Hypersensitivity pneumonitis — Classification and external resources Micrograph of hypersensitivity pneumonitis. Lung biopsy. Trichrome stain … Wikipedia
Diffuse panbronchiolitis — Classification and external resources ICD 10 J21.9 ICD 9 466.1 … Wikipedia
Chest pain — ICD 10 R07 ICD 9 786.5 Chest pain may be a symptom of a number of serious conditions and is generally considered a medical emergency. Even though it may be determined that the pain is non cardiac in origin, this is … Wikipedia
Mediastinal tumor — Classification and external resources Micrograph of the primitive neuroepithelium of an immature teratoma of the mediastinum. H E stain … Wikipedia