- DiAnne Gove
DiAnne C. Gove (born February 15, 1951) is an American Republican Party politician who serves in the New Jersey General Assembly representing the 9th legislative district. She was sworn in on December 7, 2009 to fill the vacant seat left by the resignation of Daniel Van Pelt after his arrest on corruption charges.
Gove taught history and government at Southern Regional High School for 32 years. She served as mayor of Long Beach Township from 2004-2008. She served three terms as a Long Beach Township Commissioner. Gove also serves on the Ocean County Utilities Authority.
Gove was selected on August 12, 2009, by delegates from the Ocean County, Atlantic County, and Burlington County Republican Committees to fill a vacancy in the General Assembly created by the resignation of Republican Assemblyman Daniel Van Pelt on July 31, 2009. Van Pelt had been arrested as part of Operation Bid Rig by federal agents on July 23, 2009, and charged with accepting a $10,000 bribe from a cooperating witness. At the special convention, all others candidates for the seat formally withdrew their names from contention and endorsed Gove. She will serve the remainder of Van Pelt's term, which ends in January 2010. She also replaced Van Pelt on the November ballot, running for a term in her own right. Gove stated that "getting the confidence of the people back into government" was an important part of her campaign. She and Assemblyman Brian E. Rumpf won easily in the heavily Republican 9th legislative district.
Gove is the first woman to represent the 9th legislative district since Virginia Haines left office in 1994.
Each of the forty districts in the New Jersey Legislature has one representative in the New Jersey Senate and two members in the New Jersey General Assembly. The other representatives from the 9th District for the 2008-2009 Legislative Session are:
- ^ "Obituaries for week of May 29, 2008". Ocean City Sentinel. 2008-05-09. http://www.ocsentinel.com/article.php?article_id=524. Retrieved 2009-08-17.
- ^ "Politics vs. education: Long Beach mayor Gove devoted to teaching". Asbury Park Press. 2005-04-26. http://www.app.com/article/20050426/NEWS/70927074/0/DITLO01. Retrieved 2009-08-17.
- ^ Weaver, Donna (2009-08-04). "Gove joins those vying to replace Van Pelt in Assembly". Press of Atlantic City. http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/press/ocean/article_73df4328-40be-5cce-b9df-47e11d0cd82a.html. Retrieved 2009-08-17.
- ^ http://ocua.com/Commissioners.html
- ^ a b Procida, Lee (2009-08-12). "Long Beach Township Commissioner DiAnne Gove replaces Daniel Van Pelt in 9th District". Press of Atlantic City. http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/press/ocean/article_7452a49a-87a1-11de-95f9-001cc4c002e0.html. Retrieved 2009-08-17.
- ^ Pizarro, Max (2009-08-13). "Gove replaces Van Pelt in LD 9". PolitickerNJ.com. http://www.politickernj.com/max/32263/gove-replaces-van-pelt-ld-9. Retrieved 2009-08-17.
- ^ Edge, Wally (2009-08-13). "Some Ocean County GOP history". PolitickerNJ.com. http://www.politickernj.com/wallye/32277/some-ocean-county-gop-history. Retrieved 2009-08-17.
- Official 9th Legislative District website
- Assemblywoman DiAnne C. Gove's legislative web page, New Jersey Legislature
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Long Beach Township, New Jersey — Township Map of Long Beach Township in Ocean County. Inset: Location of Ocean County highlighted in the State of New Jersey … Wikipedia
New Jersey elections, 2009 — Elections in New Jersey Federal offices Presidential elections … Wikipedia
Manchester Township, New Jersey — For the defunct township in Passaic County, see Manchester Township, Passaic County, New Jersey (Historical). Manchester Township, New Jersey Township Nickname(s): The Great Pine City … Wikipedia
Ocean Township, Ocean County, New Jersey — For the other Ocean Township in New Jersey, see Ocean Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey. Ocean Township, New Jersey Township … Wikipedia
Ocean Gate, New Jersey — Borough Map of Ocean Gate in Ocean County. Inset: Location of Ocean County highlighted in the State of New Jersey … Wikipedia
Stafford Township, New Jersey — Township Map of Stafford Township in Ocean County. Inset; Location of Ocean County highlighted in the State of New Jersey … Wikipedia
New Jersey Legislature — 214th New Jersey Legislature Type Type Bicameral … Wikipedia
New Jersey General Assembly — For the current session, see New Jersey General Assembly, 2010 2012 term. New Jersey General Assembly New Jersey State Legislature Type … Wikipedia
Gordon M. Johnson — For other uses of the name Gordon Johnson, see Gordon Johnson (disambiguation). Gordon M. Johnson (born December 16, 1949 in New York City) is an American Democratic Party politician who has served in the New Jersey General Assembly since 2002,… … Wikipedia
Charlotte Vandervalk — (born July 31, 1937) is an American Republican Party politician, who has served in the New Jersey General Assembly since 1991, where she represents the 39th legislative district. She has served in the Assembly as Deputy Republican Leader from… … Wikipedia