- NCIS (season 4)
NCIS (season 4)
Season four DVD box set, released October 23, 2007 in Region 1 format.
Country of origin United States No. of episodes 24 Broadcast Original channel CBS Original run September 19, 2006– May 22, 2007 Home video release DVD release date October 23, 2007 (Region 1) Season chronology ← Previous
List of NCIS episodes
This is a list of episodes for the fourth season of the police procedural drama NCIS. The fourth season of NCIS was originally broadcast between September 19, 2006 and May 22, 2007. Special Agent Gibbs left NCIS at the end of season 3 after a terrorist attack had been successful because his superiors did not heed his warnings in time. The team is now led by DiNozzo for a short time until Gibbs' eventual return. New characters introduced in this season are Michelle Lee, who was briefly on DiNozzo's team and was transferred to the legal department upon Gibbs' return, and (already in the final episodes of season 3) Gibbs' former boss & mentor Mike Franks, both as recurring characters. Also, albeit later in the season, Army CID Lieutenant Colonel Hollis Mann is introduced as another love interest for Gibbs.
Character Portrayed by Main cast Recurring cast Leroy Jethro Gibbs Mark Harmon entire season N/A Anthony DiNozzo Michael Weatherly entire season N/A Ziva David Cote de Pablo entire season N/A Abby Sciuto Pauley Perrette entire season N/A Timothy McGee Sean Murray entire season N/A Jennifer Shepard Lauren Holly entire season N/A Donald 'Ducky' Mallard David McCallum entire season N/A Jimmy Palmer Brian Dietzen N/A entire season
Title Directed by Written by Original air date U.S. viewers
71 1 "Shalom" William Webb Donald Bellisario and John Kelley September 19, 2006 13.80
After witnessing a Mossad agent perform an assassination, which was not authorized by Mossad, Ziva is suspected by the FBI to be a double agent. Now a fugitive and on the run, Ziva is forced to ask for help from Gibbs, who is in Mexico after retiring from NCIS. Tony finds his leadership skills being tested to the limit as he leads the team to search for Ziva and to prove her innocence before the FBI can arrest her.
72 2 "Escaped" Dennis Smith Steven Binder and Christopher Silber September 26, 2006 14.12
A former Petty Officer, convicted of murder, escapes from prison and forces F.B.I. Special Agent Fornell to reopen his case in order to find the real culprit whilst claiming his own innocence. Fornell asks for Gibbs' help, who is reinstated as an NCIS agent by Director Shepard. To his former team's disappointment, Gibbs insists that the reinstatement is only temporary. The team soon finds discrepancies in the Petty Officer's case and that he may have been framed.Recurring characters: Brian Dietzen as Jimmy Palmer, Joe Spano as FBI Agent Fornell, Liza Lapira as Michele Lee and Stephanie Mello as Cynthia.
73 3 "Singled Out" Terrence O'Hara David North October 3, 2006 15.89
Gibbs returns to NCIS and leads his team to investigate the kidnapping of a Navy Lieutenant, who is a computer specialist. They discover that the Lieutenant had used her military knowledge to profile potential husbands and was attending speed dating events. When they suspect that the kidnapper may continue attending the event in order to avoid suspicion, Ziva goes undercover at a speed-dating event to identify him. In addition, Tony is offered a promotion - his own team, as a reward for his performance as team leader while Gibbs was retired - but declines, and remains in Gibbs' team.Note: First allusion to La Grenouille (when Director Shepard offers Tony the promotion).
74 4 "Faking It" Thomas J. Wright Shane Brennan October 10, 2006 15.86
A Petty Officer is found dead in his car with "NCIS" written in blood on the seat. The investigation becomes complicated when Homeland Security claims that the Russian Spy suspected of killing the officer is working for them.Recurring characters: Muse Watson as Mike Franks.
75 5 "Dead and Unburied" Colin Bucksey Nell Scovell October 17, 2006 15.92
When a missing Lance Corporal is found dead in a vacant house, the NCIS team discovers that he was buried in the backyard and then exhumed. They learn about his identity and that he was to be deployed to Iraq, but he never showed up for duty. The investigation leads them to a new clue - he had two fiancées. Abby runs the DNA samples from the two women to find out if the DNA is a match to the soil found on the dead man's body.Recurring characters: Brian Dietzen as Jimmy Palmer and Liza Lapira as Michelle Lee.
76 6 "Witch Hunt" James Whitmore, Jr. Steven Kriozere October 31, 2006 15.94
It's Halloween and the NCIS team is busy investigating a ransom case. A Marine's daughter has been kidnapped after the kidnapper attacked the Marine in his home. The investigation leads them to a fact that the couple has been separated. They decide to focus on the wife's ex-boyfriend, after learning that the woman is the one who destroyed their marriage. Meanwhile, McGee and Tony are stunned by Abby's Halloween costume.Recurring characters: Brian Dietzen as Jimmy Palmer.
77 7 "Sandblast" Dennis Smith Robert Palm November 7, 2006 15.44
When a Marine Colonel dies in an explosion at a military golf course, the NCIS team must investigate a suspected terrorist attack with the help from the Army Criminal Investigative Division (CID). The CIA gives them a lead to an abandoned warehouse, but it turns out to be a trap - the warehouse is set to explode. McGee uses his computer skills to break into the secret government files to uncover the terrorist cell while Tony attempts to stop the Marine Colonel's son from joining the Marines to avenge his father's death.
78 8 "Once a Hero" Thomas J. Wright Shane Brennan November 14, 2006 15.80
When an honored Marine veteran is found dead in a hotel, the NCIS team must find out what happened to him. Soon they realize that the Marine didn't commit suicide and that he was homeless. After going through his personal belongings, they find compromising evidence against him, and Gibbs is determined to prove the man's innocence.Recurring characters: Brian Dietzen as Jimmy Palmer, Scottie Thompson as Jeanne Benoit and Liza Lapira as Michelle Lee.
79 9 "Twisted Sister" Terrence O'Hara Steven Binder November 21, 2006 17.00
When McGee's younger sister Sarah (played by Troian Bellisario) shows up disoriented and bloodied, believing that she might have killed someone at his door in the middle of the night, McGee takes matters into his hands, beginning his own independent investigation but Sarah claims she's innocent although her memory of the last few hours is blank. While McGee works on figuring out what happened to his sister, the NCIS team is investigating a case of a Navy sailor, who is somehow connected to McGee's sister. Both Tony and Abby are busy with love problems, while McGee turns out to have another secret.
Recurring characters: Brian Dietzen as Jimmy Palmer, Scottie Thompson as Jeanne Benoit and Liza Lapira as Michelle Lee.Final appearance of: Sarah McGee
80 10 "Smoked" Dennis Smith John Kelley and Robert Palm November 28, 2006 17.96
A dead man in a chimney chute on a marine base leads the team to discover a serial killer's burial ground. They believe that the dead man was the serial killer until Abby uncovers something which proves he may actually be a victim. Meanwhile, Tony helps the director with a special project and makes time for his girlfriend as well while Ducky talks to Gibbs about how he felt betrayed when Gibbs left and after a heart-to-heart the two eventually repair their friendship.
Recurring characters: Brian Dietzen as Jimmy Palmer, Joe Spano as FBI Agnet Fornell, Scottie Thompson as Jeanne Benoit, Liza Lapira as Michelle Lee and David Dayan Fisher as Trent Kort.First appearance of: Trent Kort
81 11 "Driven" Dennis Smith Richard Arthur, John Kelley and Nell Scovell December 12, 2006 17.39
A woman is found dead in a classified robotic vehicle she was working on developing. Although it initially looks like suicide, when Abby puts the vehicle through some tests, it nearly takes her life as well. They discover that someone rigged the vehicle to kill the passenger and make it appear to be suicide. They discover that the woman who was killed was not the intended target. Meanwhile, Tony visits the hospital to see his girlfriend and continues working on special projects for the Director. Ziva notices Tony getting calls from the hospital and begins worrying that he is sick.Recurring characters: Brian Dietzen as Jimmy Palmer, Scottie Thompson as Jeanne Benoit and David Dayan Fisher as Trent Kort.
82 12 "Suspicion" Colin Bucksey Shane Brennan January 16, 2007 15.95
When a Marine is murdered in a small town hotel room, NCIS is called in to investigate. However, the local Sheriff's department already cleaned up the crime scene and performed an autopsy. They also have a suspect - an Iraqi national who just moved to town a few months earlier.Recurring characters: Scottie Thompson as Jeanne Benoit.
83 13 "Sharif Returns" Terrence O'Hara Steven Binder January 23, 2007 14.83
When the NCIS team learns that the missing 10 kilograms of highly toxic chemical weapons are now in the hands of Mamoun Sharif, a wanted terrorist, they will have to find a way to find the man and stop him before it's too late with the aid from Army Lt. Col. Hollis Mann and constant phone calls from Sharif himself.Recurring characters: Brian Dietzen as Jimmy Palmer, Scottie Thompson as Jeanne Benoit and Susanna Thompson as Army Lt. Col. Mann.
84 14 "Blowback" Thomas J. Wright Shane Brennan, David North and Christopher Silber February 6, 2007 16.16
After catching an international arms dealer, the NCIS team learns that Navy's highly classified weapons system will be sold to "La Grenouille," an important arms dealer. To stop the transaction from happening, the team sends Ducky undercover. Meanwhile, another government agency appears to be working on the same case, with different plans.
Recurring characters: Stephanie Mello as Cynthia, David Dayan Fisher as Trent Kort and Armand Assante as La Grenouille.First appearance of: La Grenouille
85 15 "Friends and Lovers" Dennis Smith John Kelley February 13, 2007 15.36
A man proposing to his girlfriend finds the body of a sailor. NCIS works with local officers believing that the man died of an unintentional drug overdose. However, Abby discovers a message written in blood on a laminated card found at the crime scene. Meanwhile, Jimmy continues his relationship with Agent Michelle Lee.Recurring characters: Brian Dietzen as Jimmy Palmer, Scottie Thompson as Jeanne Benoit and Liza Lapira as Michelle Lee.
86 16 "Dead Man Walking" Colin Bucksey Nell Scovell February 20, 2007 15.90
A Navy Lieutenant arrives at NCIS with radiation poisoning requesting that the team investigate his murder. The Navy Lieutenant is an inspector for the International Atomic Energy Agency, so the team tries to figure out who would want to make sure he didn't make it to the next inspection. However, only his two closest colleagues knew where the next inspection was to take place. Meanwhile, Ziva sympathizes with the Lieutenant, in whom she sees a reflection of her own most strongly held beliefs and develops feelings for him. It is revealed in the next episode that the Lieutenant had passed away.Recurring characters: Brian Dietzen as Jimmy Palmer and Liza Lapira as Michelle Lee.
87 17 "Skeletons" James Whitmore, Jr. Jesse Stern February 27, 2007 16.16
An explosion at a military cemetery mausoleum turns up a skeleton. As they investigate, Ducky discovers that they have turned up the skeleton of more than one body. The team talks to the families to try to find some link between the victims. Meanwhile, Abby is having personal problems.Recurring characters: Brian Dietzen as Jimmy Palmer and Susanna Thompson as Army Lt. Col. Mann.
88 18 "Iceman" Thomas J. Wright Shane Brennan March 20, 2007 15.69
When the man on Ducky's table turns out to still be alive the unit must track the young Marine's actions prior to his arrival in the morgue. They discover that the marine had been on leave and used his time off for a secret trip to Baghdad. The case takes a turn when Mike Franks - Gibbs' old boss shows up revealing that the young marine is in fact his son.Recurring characters: Scottie Thompson as Jeanne Benoit and Muse Watson as Mike Franks.
89 19 "Grace Period" James Whitmore, Jr. John Kelley April 3, 2007 13.79
An NCIS team, led by Paula Cassidy, discovers a tip about terrorist activity but it turns out to be a trap, resulting in the death of two agents and Cassidy, grief-stricken begins blaming herself for what happened. Gibbs and his team are sent to investigate the deaths with Cassidy joining them during the investigation. While Ducky is sure that the man who Cassidy received the tip from was dead at least one day before the explosion, Cassidy insists otherwise. At the end, Paula Cassidy dies in an explosion, much to Tony's sadness.
Recurring characters: Scottie Thompson as Jeanne Benoit, Susanna Thompson as Army Lt. Col. Mann and Jessica Steen as Paula Cassidy.Final appearance of: Paula Cassidy
90 20 "Cover Story" Dennis Smith David North April 10, 2007 14.38 During the murder investigation of a Petty Officer, McGee is unsettled when elements of the crime scene resemble the descriptions in his new novel, which is half-finished. The only person who had access to McGee's book, other than McGee himself, is his publisher. The killer promises two more kills and when the second body is found, McGee is pressured to determine who the killer plans to kill next. 91 21 "Brothers in Arms" Martha Mitchell Steven Binder April 24, 2007 14.17
Director Shepard meets an informant named Troy Webster who has information on international arms dealer La Grenouille but Webster is killed. Shepard later becomes convinced that La Grenouille ordered the kill but the team are all doubting her judgement, believing she might be on a personal revenge trip which is further increased when she manages to lead the team into a trap, leaving them with no clues to La Grenouille's whereabouts after days of investigations.Recurring characters: Joe Spano as FBI Agent Fornell, Scottie Thompson as Jeanne Benoit and David Dayan Fisher as Trent Kort.
92 22 "In the Dark" Thomas J. Wright Steven Binder May 1, 2007 13.83
The assistant of a blind photographer notices a dead Petty Officer in one of the photographs and calls NCIS. Gibbs and his team respond to the case and use the photographer's help to re-construct the crime scene through his heightened senses of hearing and scent to find out who killed the victim. Meanwhile, both Gibbs and Tony are having love troubles.Recurring characters: Brian Dietzen as Jimmy Palmer, Scottie Thompson as Jeanne Benoit and Susanna Thompson as Army Lt. Col. Mann.
93 23 "Trojan Horse" Terrence O'Hara Shane Brennan and Donald Bellisario May 8, 2007 13.88
A man is found dead in a taxi headed to the NCIS headquarters but his body shows no signs of external injuries. Gibbs decides to lead the investigation into the man's death in preference to performing his duties as the Acting Director of NCIS while Jenny is in Paris attending an Interpol conference. When the team discovers that the people whose names were found on a list belonging to the dead man are all dead, Gibbs suspects that the list is a decoy used to distract them.Recurring characters: Brian Dietzen as Jimmy Palmer, Scottie Thompson as Jeanne Benoit, Stephanie Mello as Cynthia, David Dayan Fisher as Trent Kort and Armand Assante as La Grenouille.
94 24 "Angel of Death" Dennis Smith Donald Bellisario May 22, 2007 14.14
Jenny returns from her European trip and discovers that she had an unannounced visitor at her home who she suspects is her supposedly dead father. All NCIS agents are scheduled to take a Homeland Security polygraph test, which Gibbs finds out to have been arranged by the CIA. An unarmed Tony and Jeanne are held hostage in the hospital morgue by a drug dealer, who is desperate to remove his shipment of drugs from the dead body packer. Tony eventually meets the man he's been trying to find all these months - René Benoit, also known as La Grenouille who is revealed to be Jeanne's father.Recurring characters: Brian Dietzen as Jimmy Palmer, Scottie Thompson as Jeanne Benoit, Stephanie Mello as Cynthia, Joe Spano As FBI Agent Fornell, Liza Lapira as Michelle Lee, David Dayan Fisher as Trent Kort and Armand Assante as La Grenouille.
Special Features on DVD
- Cast and Crew Commentaries on Select Episodes
- Cast Roundtable (Parts 1 & 2)
- Ducky's World
- Behind the Set: The Production Design of N.C.I.S.
- Dressed to Kill: Dressing the Sets of N.C.I.S.
- Prop Master
- Picture Perfect: The Looks of N.C.I.S.
- Season of Secrets
- ^ ""NCIS" AND "THE UNIT" POST WEEK-TO-WEEK INCREASES IN VIEWERS AND KEY DEMOGRAPHICS". CBS Press Express. 2006-09-27. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=13975. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS MAKES IT TWO STRAIGHT WINS IN VIEWERS AND ADULTS 25-54". CBS Press Express. 2006-10-03. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=13960. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS STARTS THE SEASON 3 FOR 3 IN VIEWERS AND ADULTS 25-54". CBS Press Express. 2006-10-10. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=14071. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS NUMBER ONE FOR THE WEEK IN ALL KEY MEASURES". CBS Press Express. 2006-10-17. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=14137. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS'S WINNING STREAK IN VIEWERS AND ADULTS 25-54 HITS FIVE WEEKS". CBS Press Express. 2006-10-24. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=14204. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "2006-11-07". CBS Press Express. CBS ROLLS A LUCKY 7. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=14335. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS IS NOW 8 FOR 8". CBS Press Express. 2006-11-14. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=14375. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS MAKES IT 9 FOR 9". CBS Press Express. 2006-11-22. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=14447. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS GIVES THANKS FOR ITS 10TH CONSECUTIVE WEEKLY WIN". CBS Press Express. 2006-11-28. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=14494. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ ""NCIS" HITS A SEASON HIGH IN VIEWERSHIP FOR THE SECOND CONSECUTIVE WEEK". CBS Press Express. 2006-11-29. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=14509. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS ROLLS A LUCKY 13". CBS Press Express. 2006-12-19. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=14709. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS WINS THE WEEK WITH THE BEST VIEWER DELIVERY BY ANY NETWORK THIS SEASON AND BEST BY ANY NETWORK IN NEARLY A YEAR". CBS Press Express. 2007-01-23. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=14938. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS HAS FIVE OF THE TOP 10 SHOWS OF THE WEEK". CBS Press Express. 2007-01-30. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=14995. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS PLACES FIRST FOR THE WEEK IN VIEWERS AND ADULTS 25-54". CBS Press Express. 2007-02-13. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=15135. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS WINS THE WEEK IN VIEWERS". CBS Press Express. 2007-02-21. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=15221. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS WINS FEBRUARY SWEEP IN VIEWERS AND ADULTS 25-54". CBS Press Express. 2007-03-01. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_entertainment/release?id=15296. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS PLACES SECOND FOR THE WEEK IN VIEWERS AND KEY DEMOGRAPHICS". CBS Press Express. 2007-03-06. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=15337. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS PLACES FIRST IN VIEWERS; SECOND IN ADULTS 18-49 AND ADULTS 25-54". CBS Press Express. 2007-03-27. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_entertainment/release?id=15514. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS SLAM DUNKS ITS WAY TO A WEEKLY WIN IN VIEWERS". CBS Press Express. 2007-04-10. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=15618. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "A "KING" AND A "SHARK" PACE CBS TO A WEEKLY WIN IN VIEWERS". CBS Press Express. 2007-04-17. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=15674. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS WEEKLY RATING HIGHLIGHTS". CBS Press Express. 2007-05-01. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=15802. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS PLACES FIRST IN VIEWERS WITH 11 OF THE WEEK'S TOP 20 PROGRAMS -- MORE THAN THE OTHER NETWORKS COMBINED". CBS Press Express. 2007-05-08. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=15859. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "CBS PLACES FIRST IN VIEWERS AND ADULTS 25-54". CBS Press Express. 2007-05-15. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=15919. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- ^ "THE SEASON FINALE OF "NCIS" IS THE WEEK'S NUMBER ONE SCRIPTED PROGRAM, DELIVERING MORE VIEWERS THAN THE FINALES OF "HEROES," "24" AND "LOST"". CBS Press Express. 2007-05-30. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=16035. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- General references
- "NCIS Episodes". TV Guide. http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.aspx?tvobjectid=100320&more=ucepisodelist. Retrieved 2009-03-22.
- "Shows A-Z - ncis on cbs". the Futon Critic. http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch.aspx?id=ncis&view=listings. Retrieved 2009-03-22.
- "NCIS: Episode Guide". TV.com. http://www.tv.com/ncis/show/16772/episode.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabssh&tag=tabs;episodes. Retrieved 2009-03-22.
NCIS NCISNotable episodes"Ice Queen" · "Requiem"Other media NCIS: Los AngelesEpisodesIntroductory episodes • Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 Related
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.