- Daze (Eurodance band)
Daze Origin Copenhagen, Denmark Genres Bubblegum dance, europop, eurodance Years active 1997–2000 Labels Sony Music
Members Lucas Seiber
Daze was a Danish Eurodance/Bubblegum dance band whose 1997 debut album Super Heroes became a double platinum international hit. The band was a trio composed of Lucas Seiber, Jesper Tønnov, and Trine Bix, and their style of "zany" "turbo-pop" music was compared to the Danish-Norwegian pop band Aqua. Super Heroes, initially published in Scandinavia by Sony Music, sold 31,000 copies on the release day and was later released in the United States by Columbia Records and in Non-Nordic global territories by Epic Records. Hit singles included Superhero, Tamogotchi and Toy Boy. In February 1998, Daze won the Danish Grammy Award for Best Dance Album of 1997. The single Superhero was nominated as 1997 Danish hit of the year by G.A.F.F.A. magazine.
- Super Heroes (1997)
- 1. Superhero
- 2. Call Girl
- 3. Together Forever (The Cyber Pet Song) aka Tamogotchi
- 4. Be My Lover
- 5. In The Middle Of The Night
- 6. Toy Boy
- 7. Tic Toc
- 8. Sea Of Love
- 9. Antonio
- 10. Sky Is Blue (track appears on select versions only, not included on U.S. version)
- 11. Land Of The Living
- They Came To Rule (1999)
- 1. 15 Minutes Of Fame
- 2. Sex 2000
- 3. N.Y.C.D.
- 4. Love Attack
- 5. Jump
- 6. Fire & Flame
- 7. Mizz Molly Goes To Cuba
- 8. Redlight District
- 9. Feliz Navidad
- 10. 2'nd Chance
- 11. 15 Minutes Of Lightforce
- 12. Mizz Molly
- Superhero (1997)
- Toy Boy (1997)
- Together Forever (The Cyber Pet Song) (1998)
- 15 Minutes Of Fame (1999)
- 2'nd Chance (2000)
- ^ a b Ferro, Charles (14 March 1998). "Latest News From Around the Plane: Denmark". Billboard: 69. http://books.google.com/books?id=6w4EAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA69&dq=tamagotchi+daze&hl=en&ei=gqgoTeCkGsL58Aau3tyxAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=tamagotchi%20daze&f=false.
- ^ Whitnurn, joel (January 2008). Joel Whitburn's top pop singles 1955-2006. Record Research. p. 223. ISBN 0898201721.
- ^ a b Møller Andersen, Bo (25 october 1997). "Som to dråber Aqua". Ekstra Bladet.
- ^ Hjorth-Knudsen, Casper (31 october 1997). "I Aquas gyldne fodspor". B.T..
- ^ "Dansk Grammy 1998". Danish Music Awards. IFPI Denmark. http://www.ifpi.dk/dma/index.php?pk_menu=199. Retrieved 8 january 2011.
- ^ Rosenstand Svig, Ole (6 January 2007). "Gaffa-prisen 1991-2006 – se vinderne". Gaffa. http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/8752. Retrieved 27 December 2010.
- ^ Bisgaard, Mette Marie (28 august 1997). "Daze : Superhero (clubmix)". Ekstra Bladet.
- Daze biography at The Eurodance Encyclopedia website
- Super Heroes (1997)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Daze — may refer to: Daze, Burkina Faso, a village in Tenkodogo Department, Boulgou, Burkina Faso Daze (Eurodance band), a Eurodance band Daze (comics), a fictional character who appeared in Marvel Comics MC2 series J2 This disambiguation page lists… … Wikipedia
Daze (disambiguation) — Things commonly known as Daze include: *Daze mdash; a Eurodance band *Daze (Queens) mdash; a band *Daze, Burkina Faso … Wikipedia
List of Eurodance artists — Australia= *Gina G *Dannii Minogue *Slinkee Minx *Koruption *Eclipse *Culture ShockAustria*Bingo Boys *Imperio *Global DeejaysBelgium*2 Fabiola *2 Unlimited (Belgium and Netherlands) *Absolom *Apotheosis *Astroline *Basic Boom *Black Diamond *BWX … Wikipedia
Snap! — This article is about the German Eurodance project. For the unrelated Jam album, see Snap! (album). Snap! Origin Germany Genres Electronic, house, Eurodance Years active 1989–1996; 2000; 2002–present … Wikipedia
Tamagotchi — A Tamagotchi V1 The Tamagotchi (たまごっち, Tamagotchi?) is a handheld … Wikipedia
Hit'n'Hide — is a bubblegum dance group from Denmark. They are most famous for their single Space Invaders . There have been 3 members of the band. They are : Jeanne C. (1st CD) , Morgan Jalsing. , Christina S. (2nd Album).DiscographyAlbumsOn A Ride (1998)#… … Wikipedia