- David Kairys
Kairys earned a B.S. from Cornell University (1965), an LL.B. from Columbia Law School (1968), and an LL.M. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School (1971). He specializes in constitutional law and civil rights law. He was a founding partner and is of counsel to Kairys, Rudovsky, Epstein, Messing & Rau.
Among his awards are the Alliance for Justice honor list for 2008, the Association of American Law Schools 2007 Deborah Rhode Award for extraordinary contribution to public interest by a law professor, the American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania's Civil Liberties Award, the Poor Richard Club of Philadelphia Pro Bono Award, the Freil-Scanlan Award (best Temple law faculty scholarship), and the First James E. Beasley Chair (Temple Law School).
- ^ "Temple University Beasley School of Law". Martindale.com. http://www.martindale.com/Search_Tools/Law_Schools/schl0831.aspx. Retrieved August 23, 2010.
- ^ a b 
- ^ a b The Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/29/AR2010062904052_2.html. [dead link]
- ^ Weekend Edition (June 29, 2008). "NRA Eyes More Targets After D.C. Gun-Ban Win". NPR. http://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=92008363. Retrieved August 22, 2010.
- ^ James Dao (March 18, 2000). "Under Legal Siege, Gun Maker Agrees To Accept Curbs". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2000/03/18/us/under-legal-siege-gun-maker-agrees-to-accept-curbs.html?scp=983&sq=By%20JAMES%20DAO&st=nyt&pagewanted=2. Retrieved August 22, 2010.
- ^ "Law and Politics", David Kairys, 52 Geo. Wash. L. Rev. 243 (1983-84)
- ^ The politics of law: a progressive critique. Basic Books. 1998. ISBN 0465059597. http://books.google.com/books?id=ubvKU4AfJ-YC&pg=PA721&dq=david+Kairys+Rudovsky&hl=en&ei=3ONwTILNJoX7lweGut0O&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCwQ6AEwAA. Retrieved August 22, 2010.
- ^ Kairys resume
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
David Rudovsky — (born 1943, Queens, New York) is a civil rights lawyer in Philadelphia. He is a founding partner of the law firm of Kairys, Rudovsky, Messing, and Feinberg, and a Senior Fellow at University of Pennsylvania Law School, where he teaches… … Wikipedia
Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission — Supreme Court of the United States Argued March 24, 2009 … Wikipedia
Lactone — β propiolactone, formed from β hydroxypropionic acid In chemistry, a lactone is a cyclic ester which can be seen as the condensation product of an alcohol group OH and a carboxylic acid group COOH in the same molecule. It is characterized by a … Wikipedia
malice — mal·ice / ma ləs/ n 1 a: the intention or desire to cause harm (as death, bodily injury, or property damage) to another through an unlawful or wrongful act without justification or excuse b: wanton disregard for the rights of others or for the… … Law dictionary
Intersectionnalité — L’intersectionnalité (de l anglais intersectionality) est une notion employée en sociologie et en réflexion politique, qui désigne la situation de personnes subissant simultanément plusieurs formes de domination ou de discrimination dans une… … Wikipédia en Français
leaflet — leaf·let 1 n: a usu. folded printed sheet intended for free distribution leaflet 2 vi let·ed or let·ted, let·ing, or, let·ting: to hand out leaflets invalidated an ordinance banning all leafleting David Kairys … Law dictionary
List of The Monkees episodes — This is a list of episodes of the television series The Monkees which ran on NBC from 1966 1968, on Monday nights at 7:30 PM Eastern (6:30 Central). All songs listed are from the original NBC broadcasts. Tracks with different mixes or versions as … Wikipedia
Timothy McSweeney's Quarterly Concern — Issue 15: The Icelandic Issue (2004) Editor Dave Eggers Frequency Quarterly First issue 1998 ( … Wikipedia
Eurovision Song Contest 2011 — 56. Eurovision Song Contest Motto Feel Your Heart Beat! Datum 10. und 12. Mai 2011 (Halbfinale) 14. Mai 2011 (Finale) … Deutsch Wikipedia
Tournament of Champions (debate) — The Tournament of Champions is a national caliber high school debate tournament which is held annually at the University of Kentucky on the first weekend of May. It is regarded as the championship tournament of the national circuit, representing… … Wikipedia