- Darpa pteria
Darpa pteria Male upper and underside Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Arthropoda Class: Insecta Order: Lepidoptera Family: Hesperiidae Genus: Darpa Species: D. pteria Binomial name Darpa pteria
- Pterygospidea pteria Hewitson, 1868
Darpa pteria is a species of skipper butterfly found in Southeast Asia and parts of South Asia. Two subspecies are recognized. The nominate form is native to the Philippines and subspecies dealbata with an extended area of white in tornal area is distributed from Sundaland extending to Assam. The species if found mainly in the lowlands and the adult is fast flying and territorial, seeking sunny patches inside forest clearings.
- Darpa pteria pteria (Malaya to the Philippines)
- Darpa pteria dealbata (Distant, 1886) (Assam, Burma, Thailand, Laos, Malay Peninsula, Tioman, Borneo, Sumatra, Java, Palawan)
- ^ Jong, R. de, & C.G. Treadaway (1993). "The Hesperiidae (Lepidoptera) of the Philippines.". Zool. Verh. Leiden 288: 1–125. http://www.repository.naturalis.nl/document/148859.
- ^ Hewitson, WC (1873). Illustrations of new species of exotic butterflies. Volume 5. London: John van Voorst. http://www.archive.org/stream/illustrationsofn05hewi#page/n243/mode/1up.
This Pyrginae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.