- Daniels College of Business
Daniels College of Business Established 1908 Type Private Dean Christine Riordan Undergraduates 2,177 (2007) Postgraduates 1,203 (2007) Location Denver, Colorado, USA Campus Urban Affiliations University of Denver Website www.daniels.du.edu
The Daniels College of Business is one of twelve graduate programs at the University of Denver. Founded in 1908, the Daniels College of Business is the eighth oldest business school in the United States. Daniels is a top-ranked American business school and currently enrolls approximately 3,380 students, divided between graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Among the approximately 550 business schools accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Daniels is among the top 15 % of undergraduate programs and the top five percent of graduate programs.
- Daniels was ranked #8 regionally and 53rd nationally in 2009 by Business Week for its part-time MBA programs the only business school in Colorado to make the list in 2009. Its undergraduate business program was ranked 74th in the county and #1 in Colorado.
- Daniels College of Business has been recognized by The Wall Street Journal in various general and specific factors.
- Overall among North American regional schools – No. 20 (2007)
- Students with Strong Ethical Standards – No. 7 (2007)
- Academic Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility – No. 9 (2006)
- Financial services industry – No. 7 (2006), No. 6 (2005)
- Technology/telecommunications/internet industry – No. 7 (2005)
- Academic excellence in accounting – No. 9 (2006), No. 6 (2005)
- #83 among Best Undergraduate Business Programs by U.S. News and World Report 
- In 2009, Daniels also ranked #3 in the world for small MBA programs, and #20 in the world for integrating social and environmental issues into its MBA program in Beyond Grey Pinstripes, an alternative ranking of business schools by The Aspen Institute.
- The Financial Times ranked Daniels #35 in the United States, #43 in the Americas, and #85 in the world among Executive MBA programs for 2009. Daniels is also the sole Colorado school named on the list.
Daniels is the eighth oldest collegiate business school in the country, and has been continuously accredited by AACSB International since 1923. It was established in 1908 as the School of Commerce, Accounts and Finance at the University of Denver, the oldest private university in the Rocky Mountain Region, founded in 1864. Its name was changed to the College of Business Administration in 1946 and then again in 1994 to the Daniels College of Business.
Classes were first held in downtown Denver in the Haish Building and, after moving several times, the Daniels College of Business Building opened in 1999.
In 1989, Bill Daniels, cable television pioneer and Denver entrepreneur, presented the University of Denver with a challenge grant to update the graduate business curriculum. The redesigned graduate program combined traditional disciplines such as finance, management and marketing with the development of ethics and value-based leadership.
Opened in 1999, the $22 million Daniels College of Business building bookends the University of Denver campus. The building houses breakout team study rooms and a commons area for informal student and faculty gatherings. It is also an “unwired” building, with wireless Internet and over 3,400 data and voice ports, an electronic business research center and a state-of-the-art IT laboratory.
- B.S. Business Administration
- MBA, full and part time
- International MBA
- Executive MBA
- Professional MBA
- Master of Accountancy
- Master of Taxation
- M.S. Business Intelligence
- M.S. Finance
- M.S. Marketing
- M.S. Real Estate and Construction Management
- Executive and Professional certificates and programs
- Dual Masters Degrees
- Undergraduate and Graduate Dual Degrees
- Information Technology
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Real Estate and Construction Management
- Values-Based Leadership
- Business Information Technology
- Construction Management
- General Business
- Hotel, Restaurant & Tourism Management
- International Business
- Real Estate
- Real Estate & Construction Management
- Pete V. Domenici - US Senator for New Mexico
- Byron Dorgan - US Senator for North Dakota
- Mark Gasta - CHRO and SVP, Vail Resorts
- Ted Kleisner - President/CEO, Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company
- Jim Lentz - President, Toyota USA
- Scott Mitchell Rosenberg - CEO/Chairman Platinum Studios; Founder, Malibu Comics
- Joe Saunders - Chairman and CEO, VISA
- Marc Schulman - President & CEO, The Eli’s Cheesecake Company
- Robert Swieringa - Anne and Elmer Lindseth Dean Emeritus and Professor of Accounting, Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University
- Carol Tome - CFO and Executive Vice President, Corporate Services, The Home Depot
- Andrew (Andy) C. Taylor—Chairman and CEO, Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Pam Turbeville - President & CEO Navistar Chicago
- ^ The Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business Denver, University of, Daniels College of Business. Retrieved on 2008-11-03.
- ^ The Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business Colorado, Denver U of, Business School. Retrieved on 2008-11-03.
- ^ BusinessWeek (2010)"Business School Rankings and Profiles". Retrieved on 2008-11-03.
- ^ U.S. News and World Report (2009)University of Denver - Best Colleges - Education. Retrieved on 2008-11-03.
- ^ Beyond Grey Pinstripes (2007)"Rankings: The Global 100". Retrieved on 2008-11-03.
- ^ Financial Times - EMBA Rankings 2008 Financial Times - EMBA Rankings. Retrieved on 2008-11-12.
- ^ Daniels College of Business Daniels is ranked by the Financial Times among the best in the world. Retrieved on 2008-11-12.
University of Denver AcademicsUniversity College • Women's College • Daniels College of Business • Morgridge College of Education • School of Engineering and Computer Science • Lamont School of Music Graduate /
ResearchThe Institute for Public Policy Studies (IPPS) • Undergraduate Research Center PeopleAlumni Student life Athletics
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
SIU College of Business — Infobox University name = SIUC College of Business Administration mantra = Inspiring Lives | Transforming Business established = 1957 type = Public university = Southern Illinois University Carbondale www.siuc.edu staff = faculty = 45 president … Wikipedia
College of Mass Communication & Media Arts — Coordinates: 37°42′55″N 89°13′32″W / 37.71528°N 89.22556°W / 37.71528; 89.22556 … Wikipedia
Bill Daniels — Robert W. Bill Daniels (July 1, 1920 March 7, 2000) was a pioneer in the cable television industry, commonly known as the Father of Cable Television . He was an owner of the Los Angeles Lakers and a founder of the USFL.Early lifeBill was born in… … Wikipedia
Morton Margolin Prize for Distinguished Business Reporting — The Morton Margolin Prize for Distinguished Business Reporting is an award for reporting in business journalism published in a Colorado newspaper or magazine. It is awarded by the University of Denver Daniels College of Business and the School of … Wikipedia
Elmhurst College — Infobox University name = Elmhurst College motto = established = 1871 type = Private affiliation = United Church of Christ affiliations = CCIW president = S. Alan Ray, Ph. D. city = Elmhurst state = Illinois country = U.S. campus = Suburban… … Wikipedia
Mitch Daniels — Mitch Daniels … Wikipedia
Paul Daniels — Infobox Celebrity name = Paul Daniels birth date = Birth date and age|1938|4|6|df=yes birth place = South Bank, Middlesbrough, England nationality = British occupation = magician spouse = Debbie McGee website = [http://www.pauldaniels.co.uk… … Wikipedia
Norman Daniels — Norman Daniels, PhD Full name Norman Daniels, PhD Born USA Prof. Norman Daniels, PhD, is an American philosopher, ethicist, and bioethicist at Harvard. Currently, Norman Daniels is Mary B. Saltonstall Professor of Population Ethics and… … Wikipedia
Eastman Business College — The Eastman Business College was a business school located in Poughkeepsie, New York.It was founded in 1859 by Harvey G. Eastman, and was for a time one of the largest commercial schools in the United States.Rather than merely being a theoretical … Wikipedia
Robin Daniels — Dr Robin Daniels is CEO of NRP Enterprise Ltd, the commercial facing unit of the UK s Norwich Research Park ( [http://www.nrp.org.uk] ) Europe s largest single site life science cluster. He was described by The Times newspaper in August 2006 as… … Wikipedia