- Daniel Burt (comedian)
In 2002, he won National TREV Campus Comedy Competition.
In 2005, at the age of 21, Daniel became the first Australian to write for The Tonight Show with David Letterman.[dead link] He spent all his savings and borrowed money from his parents just to get to New York for the interview.
He returned to Melbourne in 2006 and since then has written for skitHOUSE, The Glass House, The Sideshow, Good News Week, The Einstein Factor, National Bingo Night, Hole in the Wall, Taken Out, Crown Australian Celebrity Poker Challenge and The Biggest Loser.
As a corporate speaker, he has entertained companies such as Vulcan Steel and BHP Billiton.
He has been a frequent columnist for The Age newspaper.
Dan has acted in iSH media mobile comedy series Girl Friday and wrote and acted in The Three Day Growth, which received funding from the Australia Council, Australian Film Commission, and Film Victoria
In August 2009 Daniel collaborated with Catherine Deveny for Devenyburt - An Evening Of Insight And Filth a live comedy show at the Butterfly Club in South Melbourne. A cocktail was created their honour.
In 2010 his Melbourne Comedy Festival Show - Yes Man Syndrome was a sell out.
He currently writes for The 7PM Project.
- ^ "Comedy capers - Gold Coast Bulletin - Australia". Newstext. 2005-07-07. http://www.newstext.com.au/docs/GCB/2005/get.jsp?docid=GCB-20050707-V-003-4161074V4@QLD-GCB-2006-2005. Retrieved 2009-08-16.
- ^ "swdb8.indd" (PDF). http://www.ssu.org.au/media/swine_2003/_ed08/sw8pg6.pdf. Retrieved 2009-08-16.
- ^ http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/todaytoday/listen/danielburt_m1086694.mp3
- ^ Herald Sun, July 06 2005 - Accent on Laughter http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,15835079-28957,00.html
- ^ "Episode: Boxcutters Episode 22 Podcast". PodcastDirectory. http://www.podcastdirectory.com/podshows/1481894. Retrieved 2009-08-16.
- ^ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2544659/
- ^ "In a downward spiral - Arts - Entertainment". Melbourne: theage.com.au. 2006-11-11. http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2006/11/09/1162661830334.html. Retrieved 2009-08-16.
- ^ "ABC TV Sunday Arts - This Week". Abc.net.au. 2008-01-13. http://www.abc.net.au/tv/sundayarts/txt/Sunday16September2007.htm. Retrieved 2009-08-16.
- ^ "Literature - February–March 2008 - Australia Council for the Arts". Australiacouncil.gov.au. http://www.australiacouncil.gov.au/grants/amr/literature/literature_-_april_2008_-_write_in_your_face. Retrieved 2009-08-16.
- ^ http://afc.gov.au/funding/approvals.aspx?area=all&end_month=&keyword=burt&start_month=&type=Film+Development&view=results
- ^ http://film.vic.gov.au/resources/documents/Film_Vic_invests_over_$500K_in_TV_Pilots.pdf
- ^ http://www.mup.com.au/uploads/files/acmo/WordBytes-intro.pdf
- ^ Deveny, Catherine (2009-08-12). "Pew, that was a lucky escape". The Age (Melbourne). http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/pew-that-was-a-lucky-escape-20090811-egwq.html?page=-1.
- ^ http://www.portphillip.vic.gov.au/default/August_at_The_Butterfly_Club(1).pdf
- ^ http://www.comedyfestival.com.au/2010/season/shows/daniel-burt-yes-man-syndrome/
- ^ . http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/laughing_like_hell/.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Daniel Burt — may refer to: Daniel Burt (comedian), writer and comedian from Frankston, Victoria, Australia Daniel Burt (politician), Ontario farmer and political figure This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same personal name. If an … Wikipedia
List of Jewish American entertainers — This is a list of famous Jewish American entertainers. For other famous Jewish Americans, see List of Jewish Americans. ListActors*See also List of Jewish American actors in televisionOrganized by decade of birth1990s*Robin Arcuri (1991 )… … Wikipedia
List of people from Manchester — This is a list of people from Manchester, a city in North West England. The demonym of Manchester is Mancunian. This list is arranged alphabetically by surname: Table of contents: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X … Wikipedia
Liste der Biografien/Bur — Biografien: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q … Deutsch Wikipedia
performing arts — arts or skills that require public performance, as acting, singing, or dancing. [1945 50] * * * ▪ 2009 Introduction Music Classical. The last vestiges of the Cold War seemed to thaw for a moment on Feb. 26, 2008, when the unfamiliar strains … Universalium
Liste der Wettpaten, Showacts und Stadtwetten der Fernsehshow Wetten, dass..? — Die Liste der Wettpaten, Showacts und Stadtwetten der Fernsehshow Wetten, dass..? ist eine Aufstellung aller in der Fernsehsendung „Wetten, dass..?“ gezeigten Showacts, der Wettpaten sowie aller Repräsentanten der Stadtwetten und die Aktionspaten … Deutsch Wikipedia
List of drug-related deaths — The following is a list of notable people who have died from drug related causes. Criteria for inclusion are death from overdose, death from organ failure/illness due to or exacerbated by drug use, or death from suicide/misadventure under the… … Wikipedia
List of people from New York City — This is a list of famous people from New York City. Native New Yorkers The following were born in New York City. Some became famous after they moved away.A*Aaliyah (1979 2001), R B singer, Dancer, Fashion Model and Actress *Kareem Abdul Jabbar… … Wikipedia
Liste der Biografien/Ke — Biografien: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q … Deutsch Wikipedia
List of Yale University people — Yalies are persons affiliated with Yale University, commonly including alumni, current and former faculty members, students, and others. Here follows a list of notable Yalies. Dynamic listNotes: * LL.B. (Legum Baccalaureum) is a graduate degree… … Wikipedia