- Dan Beachy-Quick
Dan Beachy-Quick is an American poet, writer, and critic. He is the author of four collections of poems, most recently, Circle's Apprentice (Tupelo Press), and A Whaler’s Dictionary (Milkweed Editions), a collection of essays about Moby Dick. His honors include a Lannan Foundation Residency.
His poems have appeared widely in literary journals, including The Boston Review, The New Republic, Fence, Poetry (magazine), Chicago Review, VOLT, The Colorado Review, Paris Review, and New American Writing, and in anthologies including Best American Poetry 2008 and in a chaplet, Sleep/Echo/Song (Wintered Press, 2006). His essays and reviews have appeared in The New York Times, The Southern Review, The Poker, Rain Taxi, The Denver Quarterly, Interim, and other venues. He serves as Poetry Advisor for the literary journal A Public Space.
Beachy-Quick was born in 1973 in Chicago, and grew up in Colorado and upstate New York. His parents divorced when he was three and he was raised by his mother in Colorado, and spent summers in Ithaca, New York, with his father and grandparents.
He attended Hamilton College, the University of Denver, and the Iowa Writers' Workshop. He has taught writing at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, and currently he is an assistant professor of English at Colorado State University. He lives in Fort Collins, Colorado with his wife and daughters.
Full-Length Poetry Collections
- Circle's Apprentice (Tupelo Press, 2011)
- This Nest, Swift Passerine (Tupelo Press, 2009)
- Mulberry (Tupelo Press, 2006)
- Spell (Ahsahta Press, 2004)
- North True South Bright (Alice James Books, 2003)
- A Whaler’s Dictionary (Milkweed Editions, 2008)
- Overtakelessness. Spork Press. 2010. http://sporkpress.com/things/dbq.html.
- Canto (with Srikanth Reddy). The Offending Adam. 2010. http://www.theoffendingadam.com/chapvelope-one/.
- Mobius Crowns (with Srikanth Reddy). P-Queue. 2008.
- Apology for the Book of Creatures. Ahsahta. 2008.
- ^ Lannan Foundation > Past Residents
- ^ Wintered Press > June 16, 2006
- ^ http://www.colostate.edu/dept/English/faculty/quick.htm
- ^ Library of Congress Online Catalog
- ^ The New York Times > Modern Love: Disassembling My Childhood > By Dan Beachy-Quick > August 3, 2008
- ^ Tupelo Press > Author Page > Dan Beachy-Quick
- The Offending Adam > Dan Beachy-Quick & Srikanth Reddy from Canto
- Beachy-Quick reading at Northwestern University's 2nd Annual Spring Writers' Festival, 2009
- Tupelo Press > Author Page > Dan Beachy-Quick
- Alice James Books > Author Page > Dan Beachy-Quick
- Ahsahta Press > Author Page: Dan Beachy-Quick
- The Boston Review > Review by Dan Beachy-Quick of The Radi Os, by Ronald Johnson
- The New York Times > Modern Love: Disassembling My Childhood > By Dan Beachy-Quick > August 3, 2008
- Christopher Nelson's Poetry Blog > Interview with Dan Beachy-Quick on Overtakelessness > November 20, 2010
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dikeou Collection — The Dikeou Collection in Denver, CO The Dikeou Collection is a Contemporary Art Collection in Downtown Denver that was established in 1998 by siblings, Devon Dikeou and Pany Dikeou. It is free and open to the public. Hours: Wed Fri 11:00 AM… … Wikipedia
Dikeou collection — The Dikeou Collection is a private collection of contemporary art, located in downtown Denver, Colorado, near the Denver Art Museum, 16th Street Mall, and Civic Center. The Dikeou Collection is operated as an extension of Manhattan based… … Wikipedia
Miles Copeland (Home and Away) — Miles Copeland Home and Away character Portrayed by Josh Quong Tart Jackson Edwards (Flashback) Ryley Mickle (Flashback) Introduced by J … Wikipedia