Dalton Commercial Historic District


Dalton Commercial Historic District
Dalton Commercial Historic District
Dalton Commercial Historic District is located in Georgia (U.S. state)
Location: Roughly bounded by Hamilton, Pentz, Waugh and Morris Sts., (original)
Roughly centered on Hamilton St., and Bounded by S. Thornton Ave., Morris and Hawthorne Sts., and RR lines, (increase)
Dalton, Georgia
Coordinates: 34°46′16″N 84°58′5″W / 34.77111°N 84.96806°W / 34.77111; -84.96806Coordinates: 34°46′16″N 84°58′5″W / 34.77111°N 84.96806°W / 34.77111; -84.96806
Built: 1846 (increase)
Architectural style: Late 19th And Early 20th Century American Movements, Late 19th And 20th Century Revivals, Late Victorian (original); Italianate, Colonial Revival (increase)
Governing body: Local
NRHP Reference#: 88001831 and 06000288[1]
Added to NRHP: December 5, 1988 (original)
April 19, 2006 (increase)

Dalton Commercial Historic District is a historic district in Dalton, Georgia that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) in 1988. Its boundaries were expanded in 2006.[1]

It includes the Western and Atlantic Depot, which is separately listed on the NRHP.

References



Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.

Look at other dictionaries:


Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.