- Dynamic (record label)
Dynamic S.r.l. Founded 1978 Founder Pietro Mosetti Casaretto Genre opera and classical music Country of origin Italy Location Genoa Official Website www.dynamic.it
Dynamic is an Italian independent record label located in Genoa. Founded in 1978, it specialises in classical music and opera, especially rarely performed works and has produced several world premiere recordings. The Dynamic catalogue contains over 400 titles, with about 25 new titles added each year and is distributed in 32 countries.
Dynamic was founded in 1978 by Pietro Mosetti Casaretto and his wife Marisa. Mosetti Casaretto, a surgeon and amateur violinist, took over a small label founded by the musicologist Edward Neill. In the beginning, Dynamic was a small family business. Mosetti Casaretto and his wife recorded in local churches, oratories and villas. The first recordings were issued on vinyl, the very first one being Paganini's Barucabà Variations played by Salvatore Accardo.
In 1985 the company moved to its current site in the Villa Quartana on the Righi hill overlooking Genoa, where it set up a recording hall that could house a small chamber orchestra. In the late 1990s Mosetti Casaretto retired, and management of the label was taken over by his son-in-law, Alberto Dellepiane. Over the years, the label's focus on chamber music and particularly violin music has widened to include full-length opera recordings on both CD and DVD. More recently, Dynamic has become a high definition content producer for television and cinema.
Dynamic has recorded on DVD several live opera performances at La Fenice — Il crociato in Egitto, Le roi de Lahore, Maometto secondo, Thaïs, Pia de' Tolomei, Didone, Death in Venice, Les pêcheurs de perles, and Baldassare Galuppi's rarely performed L'Olimpiade. For the Rossini Opera Festival in Pesaro, they have recorded on DVD L'equivoco stravagante, Ermione, La gazza ladra, Torvaldo e Dorliska, Bianca e Falliero, L'italiana in Algeri, and on CD La cambiale di matrimonio and Il turco in Italia. Dynamic's other recordings include:
- Paganini: Works for Violin and Orchestra, First Complete Edition (Dynamic CD5622)
- Leonardo Leo: Alidoro. La Cappella della Pietà de Turchini, conducted by Antonio Florio. DVD of the live performance at the Teatro Valli in Reggio Emilia, world premiere recording and winner of the Orphée d'Or from the Académie Lyrique Française
- Mozart: Idomeneo, re di Creta. Slovak Chamber Choir and the Orchestra Internazionale d'Italia conducted by Corrado Rovaris at the Festival della Valle d'Itria, world premiere recording of the score revision by Richard Strauss (Dynamic CDS 532)
- Gomes: Salvator Rosa. Bratislava Chamber Chorus and Orchestra Internazionale d'Italia, conducted by Maurizio Benini at the Festival della Valle d'Itria, world premiere recording (Dynamic CDS 47211-2)
- Rossini: Demetrio e Polibio. Sluk Chamber Choir of Bratislava and Graz Symphony Orchestra conducted by Massimiliano Carraro in a live recording from the Festival della Valle d'Itria (Dynamic CDS 171).
- ^ Farr, Robert J. (2005). Review: Pia de' Tolomei (Dynamic DVD33488). MusicWeb International, December 2005
- ^ Druce, Duncan (2009). Review: Paganini: Works for Violin and Orchestra, First Complete Edition (Dynamic CDS 5622). Gramophone, September 2009, p. 58
- ^ Valente, Laura (2010). "Trionfo Barocco". La Repubblica, 1 May 2010
- ^ Wigmore, Richard (2007). Review: Mozart/R Strauss Idomeneo, re di Creta (Dynamic CDS532), Gramophone, Awards 2007 (Special Isssue), p. 123
- ^ Vasta, Stephen (2005). "Recording Review: Gomes: Salvator Rosa. Opera News, December 2005 (subscription required)
- ^ Osborne, Richard (1997). Review: Rossini: Demetrio e Polibio, Gramophone, April 1997, p. 96
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dynamic producer — is a membership based music/record producer organization located in Atlanta, Georgia aimed at supporting the advancement of up and coming producers through Education and Opportunity. It is committed to creating platforms for members to learn… … Wikipedia
Dynamic Duo — For the superheroes, see Batman and Robin. For the professional wrestling tag team, see The Dynamic Duo. Dynamic Duo Also known as CB Mass Origin South Korea Genres Hip hop, rap, K pop … Wikipedia
Dynamic random access memory — (DRAM) is a type of random access memory that stores each bit of data in a separate capacitor within an integrated circuit. Since real capacitors leak charge, the information eventually fades unless the capacitor charge is refreshed periodically … Wikipedia
Gramophone record — A 12 inch (30 cm) 33⅓ rpm record (left), a 7 inch 45 rpm record (right), and a CD (above) A gramophone record, commonly known as a phonograph record (in American English), vinyl record (in reference to vinyl, the material most commonly used after … Wikipedia
Rock Master Scott & the Dynamic Three — Genres Hip hop Years active Early 1980s Labels Reality/Fantasy Records Profile Records Past members … Wikipedia
List of DNS record types — This List of DNS record types provides an overview of types of resource records (database records) stored in the zone files of the Domain Name System (DNS). The DNS implements a distributed, hierarchical, and redundant database for information… … Wikipedia
Mefistofele — Operas by Arrigo Boito Mefistofele (1868) Nerone (1924) v · … Wikipedia
L'elisir d'amore — Gaetano Donizetti … Wikipedia
Don Gregorio (opera) — Gaetano Donizetti … Wikipedia
performing arts — arts or skills that require public performance, as acting, singing, or dancing. [1945 50] * * * ▪ 2009 Introduction Music Classical. The last vestiges of the Cold War seemed to thaw for a moment on Feb. 26, 2008, when the unfamiliar strains … Universalium