- Database Marketing Agency
Database Marketing Agency Type Private Industry Financial Services Founded Beaverton, Oregon (1996 ) Founder(s) Rich Weissman Headquarters Beaverton, Oregon, U.S. Number of locations 3 (2010) Area served U.S. and Canada Key people Rich Weissman (President and CEO)
Duncan Sanderson (COO)
Database Marketing Agency (DMA) is a database company headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon. It is a provider of profitability systems to financial institutions in the U.S. and Canada that offer financial services in the forms of both retail banking and business banking. Banks in the U.S. are overseen by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and credit unions in the U.S. are overseen by the National Credit Union Administration.
DMA offers its IDM Integrated Database Management System and research and analytic support to integrate profitability in management, finance, marketing, and sales. The DMA Institute Think Tank is its initiative for providing education and marketing research to the financial services industry. DMA's IDM system, approach, measurement analytics, and strategic concepts provide a foundation for profitability, risk management and growth.
Founded in 1996 by Rich Weissman (Richard Weissman), DMA's client base consists mainly of community banks and credit unions in the U.S. and Canada. Rich is a former Marketing Director for Bank of America, US Bancorp, and National Westminster Bank USA. He has spoke at several financial services cpnferences throughout the U.S., including those sponsored by the American Bankers Association, Western Independent Bankers (WIB), and others.
DMA has its headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon, a sales office in Florida, and a processing facility in Vancouver, British Columbia. Specifically, its headquarters is located less than one-half mile to the northwest of the TriMet MAX Light Rail Beaverton Transit Center or less than one-half mile to the north of the TriMet MAX Light Rail Beaverton Central stop, both serviced by the MAX Red Line and the MAX Blue Line.
Products and services
Integrated Database Management System (IDM) is an integrated enterprise system, where all database development, conversion, ongoing processing, and reporting is conducted at the DMA data center and accessed through cloud computing. Institutions can have complete access to their database through IDM OnLine tools and services. The company claims that the system is fully integrated with profitability and Profit risk at its core. The profitability-based analysis can identify concentrations in the income statement which can then be diversified for a sustainable income statement. The IDM system can be a tool in creating a sustainable income statement.
According to Bloomberg.com, CEOs of big bank] like Wells Fargo and Bank of America are in agreement with DMA's view that diversifying revenue streams by cross selling will be helpful in expanding business and turning profits. The IDM system has profitability and Profit risk at its center and DMA was recognized by Credit Union Executives Society for its system.
The Research and Analytic Services division of the company designs and manages marketing research projects with a variety of qualitative research and quantitative research tools, and primary research and secondary research methodologies. This division provides detailed analysis and recommendations with specific strategies and plans. The research and analysis division also designs and helps implement "Matrix Marketing" programs for segmenting the base on demographics, businessgraphics, incomes and other criteria to maximize results achieved from marketing programs.
According to the company's CEO Rich Weissman in the Western Independent Banker (WIB) Magazine, similar programs can help in designing incentive programs that incentivize officers based on profitability and not volumes. Clients are also using the software to more effectively price their products.
The Institute focuses on research on the latest issues facing the financial services industry. Some of the Institute's offerings include webinars and articles in the industry publications. According to the American Bankers Association's Bank Marketing magazine, Rich Weissman who also heads the DMA Institute, coined the term "Profit risk" which combined with credit risk and ALM risk, forms the third critical component of risk management. The Institute advocates the critical role marketing and sales can play by marrying itself with finance.
- ^ Murphy, M."Think Tank CEO urges credit unions to take on the big banks"Credit Union Times; September 2009 http://www.cutimes.com/Issues/2009/September%202%202009/Pages/Think-Tank-CEO-Urges-Credit-Unions-to-Take-On-the-Big-Banks.aspx Retrieved 06-07-10
- ^ Campbell, Mary-Jane "Best Practices for MCIF Strategies" http://www.cunamarketingcouncil.org/download/campbell.pdf Retrieved 06-07-10
- ^ Weissman, Rich "Profit in the drink" ABA Bank Marketing;March 2009, http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Profit+in+the+Drink%3A+in+today's+recessionary+environment,+more+than...-a0221749129 Retrieved 06-11-2010
- ^ BAI Retail Delivery Presentation, www.bai.org http://www.bai.org/retaildelivery/summits-and-sessions/summits/sales-summit/Summit-Keynote-Next-Megatrend-For-Retail-Banking----Moving-From-a-Sales-Culture-To-a-Profitability-Culture.aspx
- ^ Rapport, Marc. "Bay Federal Credit Union CEO Shares Hard Lessons on Mining Member Data", Credit Union Times, October 27, 2010, retrieved November 8, 2010
- ^ Campbell, Dakin and Henry, David "Wells Fargo, BofA Push Cross-Sales as Loans, Investments Lag", Bloomberg.com, June 22, 2010 http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-22/wells-fargo-says-eight-is-great-as-banks-cross-sell-to-replace-lost-growth.html Retrieved 6/30/2010
- ^ Press Release "DMA honored in the financial services industry with the national CUES award for excellence:“Financial Supplier Of The Year Award” http://www.dmacorporation.com/dmarecognized/Award_CUESSupplierOfTheYear.html Retrieved 06-30-10
- ^ Joos, Ron "Spread the word" Credit Union Management Magazine; May 2009 ,Vol: 32 No. 5 http://www.cumanagement.org/archive/view/id/3031 Retrieved 06-11-10
- ^ Weissman, Rich "Incentive Programs for the New Decade" , May/June 2010 Western Independent Banker Magazine http://www.wib.org/publications__resources/article_library/2009-10/may10_weissman.html Retrieved 6-30-2010
- ^ Credit Union Journal. "Bay Federal Embarks on Mutual Profitability Plan", Credit Union Journal, October 20, 2010, retrieved November 4, 2010
- ^ Weissman, Rich "Profit Risk – The Third Leg of Risk Management” The Mortgage Press, December 2004 http://www.dmacorporation.com/dmarecognized/MortgagePress.pdf Retrieved 05/06/2010
- ^ Weissman, Rich “Bank Marketers Measure Profit Risk in changing times” , Michigan Bankers Magazine, March/April 2009, p 12-14,http://www.mibankers.com/publications/mbabanking.asp Retrieved 05/06/2010
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Marketing management — Marketing Key concepts Product marketing · Pricing … Wikipedia
marketing — /mahr ki ting/, n. 1. the act of buying or selling in a market. 2. the total of activities involved in the transfer of goods from the producer or seller to the consumer or buyer, including advertising, shipping, storing, and selling. [1555 65;… … Universalium
United States Environmental Protection Agency — EPA and Environmental Protection Agency redirect here. For other uses, see EPA (disambiguation). Environmental Protection Agency EPA Environmental Protection Agen … Wikipedia
Modeling agency — A modeling agency is a company that represents fashion models, to work for the fashion industry. These agencies earn their income via commission, usually from the deal they make with the model and or the head agency. The top agencies work with… … Wikipedia
Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency — The logo of the MHRA. The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) is the UK government agency which is responsible for ensuring that medicines and medical devices work and are acceptably safe. The agency was formed on 1 April… … Wikipedia
New Zealand Transport Agency — NZ Transport Agency Waka Kotahi Agency overview Formed August 1, 2008 … Wikipedia
federal agency — noun an administrative unit of government the Central Intelligence Agency the Census Bureau Office of Management and Budget Tennessee Valley Authority • Syn: ↑agency, ↑government agency, ↑bureau, ↑ … Useful english dictionary
government agency — noun an administrative unit of government the Central Intelligence Agency the Census Bureau Office of Management and Budget Tennessee Valley Authority • Syn: ↑agency, ↑federal agency, ↑bureau, ↑ … Useful english dictionary
direct response agency — /daɪˌrekt rɪ spɒns ˌeɪdʒənsi/ noun a company which provides direct marketing services to its clients such as database management, direct mail, and response collecting … Marketing dictionary in english
DMA — can refer to: DMA (magazine), a defunct dance music magazine Dallas Museum of Art, an art museum in Texas, USA Danish Music Awards, an award show held in Denmark since 1989 Database Marketing Agency, a financial services company in Beaverton,… … Wikipedia