- Cai Qi
Cai Qi (Chinese language: 蔡奇; Hanyu Pinyin: Cài Qí) (b. 1955) is a former deputy Party secretary and mayor of Hangzhou city in Zhejiang province of the People's Republic of China, a member of the Standing Committee of the People's Government of Zhejiang Province, head of the province's Organization Department, and a representative to the National People's Congress. He is originally from Youxi county in Fujian province.
Main work history
- September 1996 - November 1997: deputy Party secretary of Sanming city, also acted as deputy mayor from August to November 1997.
- November 1997 - May 1999: Mayor of Sanming city, while retaining his position as deputy Party secretary.
- May 1999 - March 2002: Quzhou city deputy Party secretary and mayor.
- March 2002 - April 2004: Quzhou city Party secretary.
- April 2004 - January 2007: Taizhou city Party secretary.
- January 2007: Moved to the position of deputy Party secretary of Hangzhou, and in February of that year became deputy mayor as well.
- April 2007: Appointed as mayor of Hangzhou, while retaining his position as deputy Party secretary of Hangzhou.
- January 2010: Appointed to the Standing Committee of the Zhejiang People's Government and as head of its Organization Department. He was relieved of his positions in Hangzhou in July of the same year.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i "蔡奇个人简历" (in Chinese). Hangzhou People's Government. July 2010. http://www.hangzhou.gov.cn/main/tszf/szzc/lrsz/cq/grjj/T326428.shtml. Retrieved 2010-11-14.
This article about a mayor in China is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.