- Customs and Monetary Union
An customs and monetary union is a type of trade bloc which is composed of a customs union and a currency union. The participant countries have both common external trade policy and share a single currency.
Customs and monetary union is established through trade pact.
List of customs and monetary unions
Every Economic and monetary union has also an Customs and Monetary Union
- Economic and Monetary Community of Central Africa (CEMAC)
- West African Economic and Monetary Union (UEMOA)
- de-facto the Common Monetary Area (CMA) in the Southern Africa Customs Union (SACU)
- de-facto San Marino - European Union
- de-facto Andorra - European Union
- de-facto Monaco - European Union
Additionally the autonomous and dependent territories, such as some of the EU member state special territories, are sometimes treated as separate customs territory from their mainland state or have varying arrangements of formal or de-facto customs union, common market and currency union (or combinations thereof) with the mainland and in regards to third countries trough the trade pacts signed by the mainland state.
- 2012 East African Community (EAC)
- 2018 Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA)
- Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS)
- Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- Gulf Cooperation Council
- ^ Enforced since 1999-6-24 WT/COMTD/N/13
- ^ Enforced since 2000-1-1 WT/COMTD/N/11/Add.1
- ^ Andorra uses the Euro without formal EU agreement
- ^ Monaco is partially participating in the EU single market
- ^ EU Overseas countries and some other territories participate partially in the EU single market per part four of the Treaty Establishing the European Community; Some EU Outermost regions and other territories use the Euro of the currency union, others are part of the customs union; some participate in both unions and some in neither.
Territories of the United States, Australian External Territories and Realm of New Zealand territories share the currency and mostly also the market of their respective mainland state, but are generally not part of its customs territory.
- ^ Extension of CEMAC to the rest of the ECCAS members.
- ^ Extension of UEMOA customs union to the rest of the ECOWAS members and merger with the WAMZ.
Stages of economic integration International trade TerminologyAbsolute advantage · Balance of payments · Balance of trade · Capital account · Comparative advantage · Current account · Export-oriented industrialization · Fair trade · Foreign exchange reserves · Globalization · Import substitution industrialization · Net capital outflow · Outsourcing · Trade justice · Trading nation Organizations and policies Schools of thought Customs unions Trading partners
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Customs and Economic Union of Central Africa — The Customs and Economic Union of Central Africa (or UDEAC from its name in French, Union Douanière et Économique de l’Afrique Centrale ), established by the Brazzaville Treaty in 1966, formed a customs union with free trade area between members… … Wikipedia
West African Economic and Monetary Union — The West African Economic and Monetary Union (or UEMOA from its name in French, Union économique et monétaire ouest africaine ) is an organization of eight states of West Africa established to promote economic integration among countries that… … Wikipedia
Monetary union — In economics, a monetary union is a situation where several countries have agreed to share a single currency (also known as a unitary or common currency) among them, for example, the East Caribbean dollar. A monetary union differs from an… … Wikipedia
Customs and Excise Department (Hong Kong) — Customs and Excise Department 香港海關 heung1gong2 hoi2gwaan1 Agency overview Formed 1909 … Wikipedia
European Commissioner for Economic and Monetary Affairs and the Euro — Incumbent Olli Rehn since 9 February 2010 … Wikipedia
Economic and Monetary Community of Central Africa — The Economic and Monetary Community of Central Africa (or CEMAC from its name in French, Communauté Économique et Monétaire de l Afrique Centrale ) is an organization of states of Central Africa established to promote economic integration among… … Wikipedia
Committee on Trade, Customs, and Immigration Matters — African Union This article is part of the series: Institutions Casablanca Group Unio … Wikipedia
Customs union — World trade A series on Trade … Wikipedia
Customs war — World trade A series on Trade … Wikipedia
Union of European Federalists (UEF) — The Union of European Federalists (UEF) is a non governmental European organization, campaigning for a federal Europe. It consists of 20 constituent organizations and it has been active at the European, national and local levels for more than 50… … Wikipedia