- Crime in the Czech Republic
Crime in the Czech Republic is combated by the Czech Police and other agencies.
In 2009, there were approximately 330,000 crimes committed in the Czech Republic. The number of murders fell from 202 in 2008 to 181 in 2009. The U.S. Department of State rates the Czech Republic as a ‘low’ crime threat location.
Roma make 2-3% of population in the Czech Republic. According to Říčan (1998), Roma make up more than 60% of Czech prisoners and about 20-30% earn their livelihood in illegal ways, such as prostitution, trafficking and other property crimes.
Political corruption (especially bribery) and theft are one of the most severe issues in the Czech Republic. Group of States Against Corruption mainly criticises the lack of pro-active monitoring of the financing and states that an effective supervisory mechanism is missing.
A survey of Transparency International in 2009 showed that fever than 1 in 10 respondents find the anti-corruption efforts of their government effective. In 2010, 44% of people answered that the corruption increased.
- Law enforcement in the Czech Republic
- Human trafficking in the Czech Republic
- ^ a b http://en.rian.ru/world/20100130/157726302.html
- ^ a b c https://www.osac.gov/Pages/ContentReportPDF.aspx?cid=10583
- ^ Říčan, Pavel (1998). S Romy žít budeme - jde o to jak : dějiny, současná situace, kořeny problémů, naděje společné budoucnosti. Praha: Portál. pp. 58–63. ISBN 0-7869-1850-8. http://books.google.com/books?id=qtgmAAAAMAAJ&q=pavel+%C5%99%C3%AD%C4%8Dan+s+romy+%C5%BE%C3%ADt+budeme&dq=pavel+%C5%99%C3%AD%C4%8Dan+s+romy+%C5%BE%C3%ADt+budeme&hl=cs&ei=9V52TcqJK5SI4Aac0tyCCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCgQ6AEwAA.
- ^ "Czech Republic ranks among Europe's most corrupt: Studies show theft and graft are on the rise (November 2009)". Prague Post. http://www.praguepost.com/news/2906-czech-republic-ranks-among-europes-most-corrupt.html. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
- ^ "World Briefing | Europe: Czech Republic: Bribery On Jet Deal Alleged". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/13/world/world-briefing-europe-czech-republic-bribery-on-jet-deal-alleged.html. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
- ^ a b "Group of States Against Corruption publishes report on the Czech Republic". Council of Europe. https://wcd.coe.int/wcd/ViewDoc.jsp?Ref=PR381(2011)&Language=lanEnglish&Ver=original&BackColorInternet=F5CA75&BackColorIntranet=F5CA75&BackColorLogged=A9BACE. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
- ^ "Anti-corruption police shelve another case: Tůmová investigation closed despite leaked video showing bribery (July 2011)". The Prague Post. http://www.praguepost.com/news/9446-anti-corruption-police-shelve-another-case.html. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
- ^ "Playing the corruption game in the Czech Republic (2011)". DW-World.de. http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,14828390,00.html. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
- ^ a b "Global Corruption Barometer 2009". Transparency International. http://www.transparency.org/news_room/in_focus/2009/gcb2009. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
- ^ "Corruption index: global bribery and corruption worldwide ranked by Transparency International". Transparency International, Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2010/dec/09/global-corruption-index-worlwide-transparency-international. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
Czech Republic History GeographyRivers Governance Politics Economy Society Culture SymbolsFlag · Coat of arms Crime in Europe Sovereign
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
- Northern Ireland
- Vatican City
States with limited
- Northern Cyprus
- South Ossetia
and other territories
- Faroe Islands
- Jan Mayen
- Isle of Man
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Outline of the Czech Republic — … Wikipedia
Police of the Czech Republic — Policie České republiky Abbreviation PČR Patch of the Policie České republiky. Motto … Wikipedia
Politics of the Czech Republic — Czech Republic This article is part of the series: Politics and government of the Czech Republic … Wikipedia
Constitution of the Czech Republic — Czech Republic This article is part of the series: Politics and government of the Czech Republic … Wikipedia
Elections in the Czech Republic — Czech Republic This article is part of the series: Politics and government of the Czech Republic … Wikipedia
Geography of the Czech Republic — The Czech landscape is quite varied. Bohemia, to the west, consists of a river basin, drained by the Elbe (Czech: Labe) and Vltava rivers. It is surrounded by mostly low mountains such as the Sudetes with its part Krkonoše, containing the highest … Wikipedia
Prostitution in the Czech Republic — Ever since the Czechoslovakian Velvet Revolution (1989) led to the creation of the two independent states Czech Republic and Slovakia, prostitution has been flourishing, and has contributed its share to the region s booming tourist economy. It is … Wikipedia
Television in the Czech Republic — Television was introduced in Czechoslovakia in 1953. Experimental projects with DVB T started in 2000. Finally on 21 October 2005, multiplex A (DVB T) was launched with 3 channels of Česká televize and one of TV Nova and radio channels of Český… … Wikipedia
Demographics of the Czech Republic — This article is about the demographic features of the population of the Czech Republic, including population density, ethnicity, education level, health of the populace, economic status, religious affiliations and other aspects of the population … Wikipedia
Economy of the Czech Republic — Economy of Czech Republic Headquarters of Czech National Bank in Prague Rank 42nd (PPP) … Wikipedia