- Creo (design software)
Creo Developer(s) PTC Initial release 2011 Stable release Creo 1.0 Operating system Windows Available in English, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish Type CAD design software License Proprietary Website ptc.com/products/creo
Creo is a family or suite of design software supporting product design for discrete manufacturers and is developed by PTC. The suite consists of apps, each delivering a distinct set of capabilities for a user role within product development.
Creo runs on Microsoft Windows and provides apps for 2D design, 3D CAD parametric feature solid modeling, 3D direct modeling, Finite Element Analysis and simulation, schematic design, technical illustrations, and viewing and visualization.
PTC began developing Creo in 2009, and announced it using the code name Project Lighting at PlanetPTC Live, in Las Vegas, in June 2010. In October 2010, PTC unveiled the product name for Project Lightning to be Creo. PTC released Creo 1.0 in June 2011.
Creo 1.0 consists of the of nine apps:
- Creo Parametric is a 3D design app for parametric modeling (parametric featured based solid modeling). Creo Parametric provides all the capabilities of Creo Elements/Pro (also known as Pro/ENGINEER).
- Creo Direct is a standalone design app for expert and non-expert CAD engineers who want to interact directly with the geometry using a direct modeling approach.
- Creo Simulate is the analyst app used for structural and thermal simulation. This app leverages technology from Pro/MECHANICAL.
- Creo Layout is a design app for engineers who want to create concept layout work in 2D, with the intention of ultimately evolving the design to 3D.
- Creo Schematics is the app for creating 2D routed systems diagrams, like cabling and piping. This app leverages technology from
- Creo Illustrate is an app for those who need to communicate complex service information concepts graphically in 3D. This app also connects to Abortext.
- Creo View MCAD is a lighter weight app for those who want to view, interrogate, and mark up MCAD geometry.
- Creo View ECAD is another light-weight app. But for viewing, interrogating, and markup of ECAD geometry.
- Creo Sketch is a design app to quickly freehand a design idea in 2D. This app is free.
Creo apps are available in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese Simplified, and Chinese Traditional. The extent of localization varies from full translation of the product (including Help) to user interface only.
Creo is part of a broader product development system developed by PTC. It connects to PTC’s other solutions that aid product development, including Windchill for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Mathcad for engineering calculations and Arbortext for enterprise publishing software.
- Initial beta release: May 2010
- General release for Windows: June 2011
Educational Edition Confusion
The educational editions of Pro-Engineer Wildfire 5 (School, Student) were renamed Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 Student Edition (formerly Pro Engineer). This has caused many students to purchase or repurchase this software believing that they are getting a student version of the newly released Creo Elements/Pro, when in fact they are receiving the previous version.
Tutorials and training
PTC offers free video Creo training resources via its LearningExchange platform.
- CIMdata: PTC is "In It to Win It" with Creo and Windchill, 12 July 2011
- Lifecycle Insights: Modeling with Creo: Diving into the Details, 20, June, 2011
- MCADCafe: PTC Delivers First Creo Apps, 20 June 2011
See also (Related articles on Wikipedia)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Creo Elements/Direct — (formerly CoCreate) Product Family Developer(s) Parametric Technology Corporation (PTC) Stable release Creo Elements/Direct 17.0 / April 2010 … Wikipedia
Creo Parametric — Creo Elements/Pro (vormals Pro/ENGINEER) Entwickler Parametric Technology Corporation Aktuelle Version 1.0 M010 (23. September 2011) Betriebssystem Unix Derivate, Microsoft Windows, Linux K … Deutsch Wikipedia
Creo Elements/Direct Modeling — Entwickler PTC Aktuelle Version 18.0 M010 (10. Oktober 2011) Betriebssystem Microsoft Windows NT Kategorie 3D CAD Lizenz … Deutsch Wikipedia
Computer-aided design — CAD and CADD redirect here. For other uses, see CAD (disambiguation) and CADD (disambiguation). Example 2D CAD drawing … Wikipedia
List of computer-aided design editors — Advanced 3D CAD software allows users to create complex 3D forms This page compares computer aided design (CAD) software that engineers and architects use to create drawings for the fields of architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) in… … Wikipedia
NEi Software — Type Private Industry Computer aided Engineering Software Founded 1991 Headquarters Westminst … Wikipedia
MASSIVE (software) — MASSIVE (Multiple Agent Simulation System in Virtual Environment) es un paquete de software de alta gama de animación por ordenador y inteligencia artificial utilizado para la generación de efectos visuales de cine y televisión relacionados con… … Wikipedia Español
Historia del software libre y de código abierto — Mapa conceptual del software libre. La historia del software libre y de código abierto como lo conocemos actualmente, se remonta a inicios de los años 1980, época en la que la mayoría de software era privativo y surgió la necesidad, por parte de… … Wikipedia Español
Proceso para el desarrollo de software — Un proceso para el desarrollo de software, también denominado ciclo de vida del desarrollo de software es una estructura aplicada al desarrollo de un producto de software. Hay varios modelos a seguir para el establecimiento de un proceso para el… … Wikipedia Español
SolidWorks — The SolidWorks interface, showing feature based history dependent modeling … Wikipedia