- What Have You Done to Solange?
What Have You Done to Solange? Directed by Massimo Dallamano Produced by Leo Pescarolo Written by Bruno Di Geronimo,
Starring Karin Baal
Music by Ennio Morricone Cinematography Joe D'Amato Editing by Antonio Siciliano Release date(s) 1972 Running time 105 min Country Italy
What Have You Done to Solange? is a 1972 giallo film directed by Massimo Dallamano. The film was based (loosely) on the Edgar Wallace mystery novel The Clue of the New Pin. It was shot on location in London, England over the course of six weeks in the fall of 1971. The films Italian title is Cosa avete fatto a Solange? In recent years the film has gained a reputation as one of the better giallo films of the early 70's from fans of the genre.
Italian teacher Enrico Rosseni is having an affair with one of his lovely young students. While on an afternoon outing the two lovers learn that a fellow student is brutally murdered mere yards from them. Now other female students are being targeted by a killer with a sinister vendetta and Rosseni is looking like a suspect.
Fabio Testi ... Enrico 'Henry' Rosseni
Cristina Galbó ... Elizabeth Seccles
Karin Baal ... Herta Rosseni
Joachim Fuchsberger ... Inspector Barth
Günther Stoll ... Professor Bascombe
Claudia Butenuth ... Brenda Pilchard
Camille Keaton ... Solange Beauregard
Maria Monti ... Mrs. Erickson
Giancarlo Badessi ... Mr. Erickson
Pilar Castel ... Janet Bryant
Giovanna Di Bernardo ... Helen Edmonds
Vittorio Fanfoni ... Enrico's friend
Antonio Casale ... Mr. Newton
Emilia Wolkowicz ... Ruth Holden
Daniele Micheletti ... Mr. Bryant
Rainer Penkert ... Mr. Leach
Carla Mancini ... Susan
- The "uncut" DVD has some scenes in the still and artwork gallery that are not shown in that 2002 video release. These include: more nude shots of Elizabeth's body (Cristina Galbó); a scene of a topless Solange (Camille Keaton) being visited by the unidentified killer which is very crucial to the plot; the shower scenes are cropped so that the schoolgirls are only shown topless.
- The UK cinema certificate was rejected by the BBFC. It was eventually released on the Redemption video label in 1996 after 2 minutes 15 secs of cuts to edit the bath murder, and heavily reduce shots of nudity and knives between victim's legs & knees.
- Das Geheimnis der grünen Stecknadel (Germany)
- Solange (UK)
- Terror in the Woods (USA)
- The School That Couldn't Scream (USA)
- The Secret of the Green Pins (USA)
- What Have They Done to Solange? (USA)
- What Have You Done to Solange? (UK)
- Who Killed Solange?
- Who's Next? (UK)
- ¿Qué habéis hecho con Solange? (Spain)
- Que Fizeram a Solange? (Portugal)
- O Que Fizeram a Solange? (Brazil)
- ¿Qué hicieron con Solange? (Argentina)
- ¿Qué le han hecho a Solange? (Peru, Venezuela)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Camille Keaton — Infobox actor name = Camille Keaton imagesize = 300px caption = Camille Keaton in Tragic Ceremony , 1972. birthname = Camille Keaton birthdate = birth date and age|1947|7|20 birthplace = Pine Bluff, Arkansas, USA deathdate = deathplace =… … Wikipedia
Cristina Galbó — Cristina Galbo Born January 17, 1950 (1950 01 17) (age 61) Madrid, Spain Cristina Galbo (born January 17, 1950) was an actress of some moderate fame in Europe during the late 1960s and early 1970s, who made a name for herself in film mostly… … Wikipedia
Dan Savio — Ennio Morricone im UN Hauptquartier(2007) Ennio Morricone (* 10. November 1928 in Trastevere, Rom) ist ein italienischer Filmmusik Komponist und Dirigent. Er hat auch unter den Pseudonymen Dan Savio und … Deutsch Wikipedia
Leo Nichols — Ennio Morricone im UN Hauptquartier(2007) Ennio Morricone (* 10. November 1928 in Trastevere, Rom) ist ein italienischer Filmmusik Komponist und Dirigent. Er hat auch unter den Pseudonymen Dan Savio und … Deutsch Wikipedia
Morricone — Ennio Morricone im UN Hauptquartier(2007) Ennio Morricone (* 10. November 1928 in Trastevere, Rom) ist ein italienischer Filmmusik Komponist und Dirigent. Er hat auch unter den Pseudonymen Dan Savio und … Deutsch Wikipedia
Giallo — (pronounced IPA2| ʤallo, plural gialli ) is an Italian 20th century genre of literature and film, which in Italian indicates crime fiction and mystery. In the English language, however, it is used in a broader meaning that is closer to the French … Wikipedia
Ennio Morricone — au festival de Cannes 2007 Naissance 10 novem … Wikipédia en Français
Joe D'Amato — D Amato at the 1996 Cannes Film Festival Born Aristide Massaccesi 15 December 1936(1936 12 15) Rome, Italy … Wikipedia
Fabio Testi — is an Italian actor, star of, among many others, the film First Action Hero which, curiously, is not included in his official website s filmography. Born in Italy on August 2 of 1941, the 1.84m tall actor started his film career as a stuntman in… … Wikipedia
I Am... Tour — Beyoncé durante una actuación en Londres. Gira de Beyoncé Álbum(es) I Am... Sasha Fierce … Wikipedia Español