- Yellow Ajah
An Ajah is a sub-organization within the Aes Sedai of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series. The Yellow Ajah is the only Ajah that is completely dedicated to one of the Talents, namely Healing, which not all sisters are adept with but which is considered a requirement for entering the Yellow Ajah.
The Yellow Ajah is headed by a woman known as the First Weaver. This Ajah also has a relatively small network of Eyes and Ears. The Yellow Ajah uses a bouquet of yellow flowers strung upside down with a yellow ribbon as an emergency signal. A Yellow identifies herself to an agent of the eyes and ears network by saying something containing the words yellow and heal.
The Yellow Ajah has traditionally used a method of healing that utilises only Water, Air, and Spirit. This method draws on strength from the person being healed, which results in the person becoming weak and ravenous, despite being physically healthy. This method of healing also causes a kind of shock; this shock can kill the grievously injured, small children and animals before the Healing has a chance to take effect. However, recent inductee Nynaeve al'Meara independently developed a new weave for healing which utilizes all five elements of the Power, as well as finding a cure for stilling which was previously thought incurable. Nynaeve’s new weave is known exclusively to the Aes Sedai that have rebelled in Salidar. Furthermore, Nynaeve also learned how to cure the Madness caused by the taint of Saidin.
Nynaeve is one of the main characters of the Wheel of Time series. She is from the village Emond's Field, where Rand al'Thor, Perrin Aybara, Mat Cauthon, and Egwene al'Vere also originated. A wilder - one who can channel the One Power but learns to do so outside of the White Tower - she was brought to the Aes Sedai by Moiraine Damodred. She is one of the most powerful channelers of saidar shown in the series and has an aptitude for inventing and learning new weaves. Most notably she has healed Gentling and Stilling. Her desire to heal Rand of his madness encouraged her to follow him in an attempt to clean the taint from "saidin". She is married to al'Lan Mandragoran and serves to spread the word that the last king of Malkier is gathering his supporters for the Last Battle, Tarmon Gai'don.
Other notable members
- Corele Hovian is described as wild-looking but pretty. She is part of Cadsuane Melaidhrin's party and bonded Asha'man Damer Flinn.
- Edesina Azzedin was one of the Salidar Aes Sedai sent to Tarabon to calm the unrest there. She was captured and made damane, but was able to escape with Mat's group.
- Narenwin Barda is allied with the Tower and Elaida. She is the head of the Yellow Ajah's Eyes and Ears.
- Nisao Dachen is an Aes Sedai on the side of the Salidar Aes Sedai. Her interests lie in the healing of the mind. Her Warder is Sarin Hoigan.
- Romanda Cassin was a Sitter in the White Tower and First Weaver of the Yellow Ajah. She has been re-elected to both these positions as a member of the Salidar Aes Sedai. She has dark eyes, and wears her gray hair pulled back in a bun. Romanda, along with Lelaine Akashi, has been trying to gain control over Egwene as Amyrlin. She was the first Aes Sedai to have suspicions about Halima but was unable to act immediately due to the other Aes Sedai's demands that she explain her reasoning. By the time Romanda was finished, Halima had already escaped.
- Salita Toranes is from Tear and is allied with the Salidar rebels supporting Egwene.
- Samitsu Tamagowa is part of Cadsuane's group. She has one Warder and has been described by Cadsuane as one of the best Healers and a good leader, though she sometimes needed to be reassured of her abilities. Cadsuane left her in charge of Cairhien. Her warder is named Roshan. She is pretty, with hazel eyes and dark hair. She wears bells in her hair in the Arafellin fashion.
- Ryma Galfrey is a former Yellow, has been captured by the Seanchan and made damane. She is now completely broken and has been renamed "Pura".
- Official website
- Robert Jordan's blog
- A Wheel of Time Wiki
- Wheel of Time FAQ
- Encyclopaedia WoT
- Wheel of Time Concordance v3.1 (PHP version) (Text version)
- Chronology of The Wheel of Time
- Wheel of Time websites Past and Present
The Wheel of Time universe Central characters Supporting charactersAviendha · Bayle Domon · Berelain sur Paendrag Tanreal · Cadsuane Melaidhrin · Davram Bashere · Faile Bashere · Galad Damodred · Gareth Bryne · Gawyn Trakand · Lan Mandragoran · Lews Therin Telamon · Logain Ablar · Loial · Min Farshaw · Moiraine Damodred · Pedron Niall · Siuan Sanche · Tam al'Thor · Thom Merrilin · Tuon · Verin Mathwin · Minor characters · Complete list of characters Aes Sedai AntagonistsOther Concepts and objects Groups and organizations Races and cultures Places Events
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Ajah (Wheel of Time) — An Ajah is a sub organization within the Aes Sedai of Robert Jordan s The Wheel of Time series.In the Age of Legends an ajah was a temporary group of people banded together for a specific purpose [A wheel of time wiki:… … Wikipedia
Black Ajah — An Ajah is a sub organization within the Aes Sedai of Robert Jordan s The Wheel of Time series. The Black Ajah is a secret society of Aes Sedai who have forsaken the Three Oaths. This Ajah supports the Dark One, and its members are also active… … Wikipedia
White Ajah — An Ajah is a sub organization within the Aes Sedai of Robert Jordan s The Wheel of Time series. The smallest of the Ajahs, the White Ajah concerns itself with questions of philosophy, truth and logic. Contents 1 Organization 2 Traditions 3… … Wikipedia
Green Ajah — An Ajah is a sub organization within the Aes Sedai of Robert Jordan s The Wheel of Time series. The Green Ajah is one of the seven acknowledged Ajahs within the Aes Sedai. Contents 1 Characteristics 2 Organization 3 Traditions … Wikipedia
Brown Ajah — An Ajah is a sub organization within the Aes Sedai of Robert Jordan s The Wheel of Time series. The Brown Ajah is devoted to the study and collection of knowledge. Contents 1 Organization 2 Traditions 3 Relations with other Ajahs … Wikipedia
Nynaeve al'Meara — (pronounced NIGH neev al MEER ah; married name: el Nynaeve ti al Meara Mandragoran) is one of the main characters of The Wheel of Time fantasy series by Robert Jordan. Contents 1 Personality 2 Appearance 3 Name … Wikipedia
Aes Sedai — The Aes Sedai are a society in the fictional universe of Robert Jordan s The Wheel of Time book series. Brief history In the Age of LegendsIn the relatively utopian society of the Age of Legends, men and women with the ability to channel used the … Wikipedia
Amyrlin Seat — The Amyrlin Seat is a fictional title from Robert Jordan s Wheel of Time series. The Amyrlin Seat, or Amyrlin as it is often shortened to, is the leader of the Aes Sedai in Tar Valon. The term can also refer to the actual seat upon which the… … Wikipedia
Asha'man — The Asha man are an organization of men who can channel the male part of the One Power, Saidin, in the fictional world of Robert Jordan s fantasy series The Wheel of Time. Contents 1 Description 2 Ranks 3 Training … Wikipedia
Minor Wheel of Time characters — This article contains information on minor characters in Robert Jordan s extensive The Wheel of Time fantasy fiction series who do not have their own article or appear on other pages. For example, members of a particular group, such as the Green… … Wikipedia