- Continental Divide Raceways
Continental Divide Raceways Location Castle Rock, Colorado Coordinates Coordinates: Opened 1959 Closed 1983 Road course Length 2.8 mi (4.51 km) Turns 10 Oval Length .5 mi (.805 km) Drag strip Length .8 mi (1.3 km)
Continental Divide Raceways was a race track located in Castle Rock, Colorado. Built in 1959, it featured a 2.8-mile (4.5 km) road course, half-mile (.805 km) oval, and 4,200-foot (1,300 m) drag strip. The land was intended to be used for a multi-sport spectator venue, but a racing complex was built after a hill climb was staged on the property. The track saw its most active time in the 1960s, hosting the USAC National Championship, major sports car races, and Trans-Am. The track closed in 1979 due to a fatal accident but reopened in 1981, holding a Winston West stock car race in 1982 before being sold to real estate developers in 1983.
USAC Champ Car "Rocky Mountain 150"
Year Date Driver Team Car 1968 July 7 A. J. Foyt Sheraton-Thompson Coyote-Ford 1969 July 6 Gordon Johncock Gilmore Broadcasting Eagle-Ford 1970 June 28 Mario Andretti STP Oil Treatment McNamara-Ford 
Sports car races
Year Date Driver(s) Team Car Championship 1960 June 26 Carroll Shelby Meister Brauser Scarab-Chevrolet USAC Road Racing Championship July 17 Bob Holbert Porsche 718 RSK SCCA National Sports Car Championship 1961 July 2 Ken Miles Crandall Industries Incorporated Porsche 718 RSK USAC Road Racing Championship 1963 August 18 Augie Pabst Meister Brauser Scarab-Chevrolet United States Road Racing Championship 1965 August 15 Hap Sharp Chaparral Cars Inc. Chaparral 2A-Chevrolet United States Road Racing Championship 
Year Date Driver Car 1967 August 27 Jerry Titus Ford Mustang 1968 August 25 Mark Donohue Chevrolet Camaro 
- ^ Galpin, Darren. "Continental Divide Raceway Track Info". The GEL Motorsport Information Page. Archived from the original on 14 July 2011. http://www.silhouet.com/motorsport/tracks/continen.html. Retrieved 14 July 2011.
- ^ "Continental Divide Raceways". North American Motorsports Pages. Archived from the original on 14 July 2011. http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/CO/Continental.html. Retrieved 14 July 2011.
- ^ "Continental Divide Raceway". Champ Car Stats. Archived from the original on 13 July 2011. http://www.champcarstats.com/tracks/castlerock.htm. Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- ^ a b "Continental Divide - List of Races". Racing Sports Cars. http://www.racingsportscars.com/track/archive/Continental%20Divide.html. Retrieved 14 July 2011.
- ^ a b "Continental Divide Raceways". Ultimate Racing History. http://www.ultimateracinghistory.com/racelist3.php?trackid=54. Retrieved 14 July 2011.
- Hylton, Pete (2007). Ghost Tracks. Benton, KY: Legacy Ink Publishing. ISBN 9780979697616.
Tracks used by the United States Auto Club (USAC) National Championship (1956–1981) Paved ovals Dirt ovals Road courses International
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Lance Reventlow — Infobox Person name = Lance Reventlow caption = birth date = birth date|1936|2|24 birth place = London, England, U.K. death date = death date and age|1972|7|24|1936|2|24 death place = Aspen, Colorado, U.S. spouse = Jill St. John, 1959 1963… … Wikipedia
Chinook salmon — King Salmon redirects here. For other uses, see King Salmon (disambiguation). Chinook king salmon A male Chinook in its freshwater phase Scientific classification Kingdom … Wikipedia