- Congenital hemolytic anemia
Congenital hemolytic anemia Classification and external resources ICD-10 D55-D58 ICD-9 282 MeSH D000745
Basically classified by causative mechanism , types of congenital hemolytic anemia include:
- Genetic conditions of RBC Membrane
- Genetic conditions of RBC metabolism (enzyme defects). This group is sometimes called congenital nonspherocytic (hemolytic) anemia, which is a term for a congenital hemolytic anemia without spherocytosis, and usually excluding hemoglobin abdormalities as well, but rather encompassing defects of glycolysis in the erythrocyte.
- Hemoglobinopathies/genetic conditions of hemoglobin
- Hematopoietic ulcer
- List of circulatory system conditions
- ^ Rahman SA, Jamal CY (June 2002). "Congenital hemolytic anemia in Bangladesh: types and clinical manifestations". Indian Pediatr 39 (6): 574–7. PMID 12084953.
- ^ medconditions.net > Hemolytic Congenital, Nonspherocytic Anemia Definition Retrieved April 15, 2011
- ^ Shah A (November 2004). "Hemoglobinopathies and other congenital hemolytic anemia". Indian J Med Sci 58 (11): 490–3. PMID 15567909.
Pathology: hematology · hematologic diseases of RBCs and megakaryocytes / MEP (D50-69,74, 280-287) Red
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
congenital hemolytic anemia — 1. hemolytic anemia that is present from birth and in which the lifespan of red blood cells is diminished, such as occurs in hereditary spherocytosis. 2. hereditary spherocytosis … Medical dictionary
Congenital hypoplastic anemia — Classification and external resources ICD 10 D61.0 ICD 9 284.0 … Wikipedia
hemolytic anemia — n anemia caused by excessive destruction (as in chemical poisoning, infection, or sickle cell anemia) of red blood cells * * * any of a group of acute or chronic anemias characterized by excessive hemolysis (shortened survival of mature… … Medical dictionary
Congenital hemolytic jaundice — Known also as hereditary spherocytosis (HS), this is a genetic disorder of the red blood cell membrane clinically characterized by anemia, jaundice (yellowing) and splenomegaly (enlargement of the spleen). In HS the red cells are smaller, rounder … Medical dictionary
congenital nonspherocytic hemolytic anemia — any of a heterogeneous group of inherited anemias characterized by shortened red blood cell survival, lack of spherocytosis, and normal osmotic fragility associated with erythrocyte membrane defects, multiple intracellular enzyme deficiencies or… … Medical dictionary
Microangiopathic hemolytic anemia — MAHA redirects here. For the governing body formerly known as Manitoba Amateur Hockey Association, see Hockey Manitoba. Microangiopathic hemolytic anemia Classification and external resources ICD 10 D59.4 ICD 9 … Wikipedia
nonspherocytic hemolytic anemia — see congenital nonspherocytic hemolytic a … Medical dictionary
Drug-induced nonautoimmune hemolytic anemia — Classification and external resources ICD 10 D59.2 ICD 9 283 Drug induced … Wikipedia
Drug-induced autoimmune hemolytic anemia — Classification and external resources ICD 10 D59.0 ICD 9 283 Drug induced au … Wikipedia
Jaundice, congenital hemolytic — Known also as hereditary spherocytosis (HS), this is a genetic disorder of the red blood cell membrane clinically characterized by anemia, jaundice (yellowing) and splenomegaly (enlargement of the spleen). In HS the red cells are smaller, rounder … Medical dictionary