Comviva Technologies Limited Industry Telecommunications Founded New Delhi, India (July 1999 ) Headquarters JALANDHAR, India Number of locations UAE, UK, South Africa, Singapore Area served Worldwide Key people Manoranjan Mohapatra(CEO)
Rakesh Bharti Mittal(Chairman)
Products cRBT, SMSC, USSD, Roaming, messaging, MMS, mobile Internet, mobile commerce,business support, managed VAS services Services Managed Value-added services Employees 1050 Website Comviva
Comviva Technologies Ltd is one of India’s largest providers of value-added services for mobile operators  and one of the top 3 providers of "integrated value added solutions" for mobile operators in rapidly growing markets  Comviva has customers in over 80 countries, predominantly in Asia, the Middle East and Africa and offers an "integrated portfolio of services" including messaging, content, mobile commerce, prepaid and "business support solutions". Headquartered and with its main R&D and network operation center in Gurgaon, Haryana, Comviva also has offices in Bangalore and Mumbai. Comviva has international offices in South Africa, Dubai, Singapore, Thailand and the UK.
History and Acquisitions
Comviva was founded in 1999 in New Delhi. It was incorporated as Bharti Telesoft Limited, changing its name to Comviva Technologies Limited in April 2009. Comviva merged with CellCloud Technologies Limited, a Bangalore headquartered company, offering "electronic top-up solutions", in December 2002. In December 2007, Comviva acquired Jataayu Software Limited, a Bangalore-based provider of "value added telecom solutions".
Products and services
Comviva sells a broad range of stuff for mobile operators. These include mobile music solutions, such as Caller Ring Back Tone (cRBT); voice applications, such as AVAN (Aggregated Voice Applications Network); messaging solutions, including SMS, MMS, USSD, Instant Messaging and mobile Internet solutions; mobile commerce solutions based on Comviva’s award-winning mobiquity mCommerce platform; the widely deployed PreTUPS electronic recharge solution; business support solutions for provisioning, customer care and loyalty management; mobile device solutions for provisioning and messaging. Comviva is a leading player in the managed services space having won major deals with India’s largest mobile operator, Airtel to manage over 2000 VAS nodes and with Airtel Sri Lanka to manage the operator’s entire VAS portfolio . Managed services includes hosted and non-hosted solutions, including Hub solutions, an award-winning solution.
Innovation, Awards and Recognition
Comviva has picked up the following awards:
- 2011 Aegis Gram Bell Award for Innovation in Mobile Money category for its mobiquity solution and Mobile Gaming category for its Online Gaming Solution (OGS)
- 2011 mBillionth South Asia Awards 2011 for its AVAN platform and ‘Best m-Business and Commerce' for Banglalink's mWallet solution powered by Comviva’s mobiquity
- 2011 Asia Communication Awards 2011 for its Dynamic Discounting solution, mobiquity™ and Managed Services
- 2011 5th CMAI National Telecom Award for the ‘Best VAS Provider Company’
- 2011 Total Telecom’s World Vendor Award for ‘The Best Software Solution’ for its Dynamic Discounting solution
- 2011 Golden Peacock Innovation Award for its Aggregated Voice Applications Network (AVAN) solution
- 2010 AfricaCOM Award for Best New Service
- 2010 Frost & Sullivan Award for the Best Product Initiative
- 2010 mBillionth South Asia Award for the Best mBusiness and Commerce Solution
- 2010 Mobile Messaging Congress Award for the Best Mobile Financial Services Solution
- 2010 INFOCOM CMAI National Telecom Award for Excellence in Export of Managed Services
- 2010 Total Telecom’s World Vendor Award for Best Outsourcing Initiative
- 2010 Shortlisted for Best Service for the Unbanked at GSMA Global Mobile Awards
- 2010 Golden Peacock Award for Innovation : Mobile Internet Gateway
- 2009 Deloitte Technology Asia Fast 500
- 2009 AfricaCOM Awards 2009 Award for Best New Service
- 2009 Golden Peacock Award for Innovation 2009 Award for Virtual SIM
- 2009 Golden Peacock Award for Innovation 2009 Award for Hub Technology and Solution
- 2009 GSMA’s Mobile Money for the Unbanked Initiative
- 2009 Shortlisted for Best Mobile Money Solution at GSMA Global Mobile Awards
- 2008 Shortlisted for Best Mobile Money solution for mobiquity at GSMA Global Mobile Awards
- 2008 Deloitte Technology Asia Fast 500 Company
- 2008 Golden Peacock Award for Innovation for mobiquity Monet Hub
- 2008 Shortlisted for Best Enterprise Solution at AfricaCOM Awards
- 2007 Golden Peacock Award for Innovation for mobiquity mBanking
- 2007 Deloitte Technology Asia Fast 500 Company
- 2006 Deloitte Technology Asia Fast 500 Company
- 2006 Deloitte Technology India Fast 50 Company
- 2005 Deloitte Technology Asia Fast 500 Company
- 2005 Deloitte Technology India Fast 50 Company
- 2005 Red Herring Fast 100 Technology Company
- 2005 SIMagine Silver Award for PreTUPS STK at Cannes GSM World Congress
- ^ Santosh Kr Sinha, Industry Analyst, ICT Practice, South Asia and Middle East, Frost & Sullivan. Telecom Live. June 2009.
- ^ ‘Company Profile’. Telecom Era, February 2009.
- ^ ‘Company Profile’. Telecom Era. February 2009.
- ^ ‘Bharti Telesoft Now Comviva’. The Economic Times. April 17 2009
- ^ ‘Bharti Telesoft Acquires Jataayu’. CIOL. December 19 2007
- ^ Bharti Telesoft Wins Golden Peacock Award for Innovation for mobiquity in 2007 and 2008.
- ^ ‘PreTUPS in Africa’.ITEdge magazine. December 2007
- ^ ‘Integrated Solutions – Need of the Hour’. Communications Today. December 1, 2008.
- ^ Bharti Airtel in pact with Comviva for managing VAS biz. Economic Times 
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology — मुजफ्फरपुर प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान Motto Sarvopari Karma Motto in English Work is above everything else Established 1954 Type Public … Wikipedia
Jai Prakash Menon — For other uses, see Dr Jai Menon. Jai Menon Born Kerala, India Residence India Citiz … Wikipedia
OpenPlug — Type subsidiary of Alcatel Lucent Industry Software Founded 2002 Headquarters Sophia Antipolis, France … Wikipedia
Финансово-промышленные группы Индии — в большинстве своём строятся по семейному принципу и отличаются широким разнообразием сфер деятельности. Название группы и основные владельцы Штаб квартира Основные активы Action Group Семья Агарвал (марварийская каста агарвал) Дели Обувная… … Википедия