- Community Impact Newspaper
Type Monthly Publisher John Garrett Editor Cathy Kincaid Managing editors Shannon Colletti Founded 2005 Headquarters 821 Grand Ave Pkwy.
Pflugerville, TX 78660
Circulation 448,312 in seven Central Texas editions, 105,298 in Northwest Houston edition Official website impactnews.com
In September 2005, Community Impact Newspaper, published by JG Media, Inc. launched its first edition in Pflugerville/Round Rock, Texas. There were three full time employees including the publisher, John Garrett, and the company officed out of the game room in John’s house. Garrett is a former Advertising Director of the Austin Business Journal before starting Community Impact Newspaper.
Today Community Impact had grown into a full-fledged, fast growing business. As of 2011 the newspaper has 63 employees, has earned multiple National Newspaper Association awards and has been named "One of the 10 Fastest Growing Newspapers in the US" by The Business Insider online magazine.
Publications / trade areas
As of 2011 the following markets are being served with various individual editions:
- Hays County south of Austin
- Houston market area
- Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex
Specific trade area editions are:
- Austin metro: Central Austin | Northwest Austin | Southwest Austin | Buda | Cedar Park | Georgetown | Hutto | Kyle | Leander | Pflugerville | Round Rock | San Marcos | Taylor | Westlake |
- DFW metro: Colleyville | Grapevine | Southlake |
- Houston metro: Cypress | Houston | Magnolia | Tomball |
There are plans for additional expansions into Houston and Dallas as well as other markets and expasion of the existing Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston markets. Current circulation in 2011 is above 700,000. The newspaper is mailed to all households in the given trade area assuring widespread circulation. It is a non-subscription based newspaper.
- • 1st Place – Best Agricultural Story – "Food from Austin's Backyard" by Patrick Brendel
- • 1st Place – Best Review – "WeFuse" by Eric Pulsiferi
- • 1st Place – Best Feature Photo– "Humane Society of Williamson County" by Kathryn Eakens
- • 2nd Place – Best Education Story – "Pflugerville ISD revenue falls short of projections, TAKS scores go up" by Rob Heid:rick
- • 1st Place – Best Business Feature Story – "Plant in Leander will be 'game changer' for region" by Robert Bell
- • 2nd Place – Best Business Story – "Austin businesses prepare for holiday shopping season" by Eric Pulsifer
- • 3rdPla:ce – Best Business Story – "Wolf Ranch brings retail stores, sales tax revenue to city" by Suzanne Haberman
- • 3rdPlace – Best Education Story – "More budget cuts for CFISD" by Kimberly Stauffer
- • 3rdPlace – Best Use of Color – Central Austin, , Leander / Cedar Park, Northwest Austin, Georgetown / Hutto / Taylor
- • 3rdPlace – Best Newspaper Website – Round Rock / Pflugerville, Leander / Cedar Park, Northwest Austin, Georgetown / Hutto / Taylor
- CEO and Publisher: John P Garrett
- Associate Publisher: Claire Love
- Houston Market Publisher: Jason Culpepper
- Chief Financial Officer: Darren Lesmeister
- Chief Operating Officer: Jennifer Garrett
- Human Resources Manager: Kimberly Davis
- Executive Editor: Cathy Kincaid
- Managing Editor: Shannon Colletti
- Creative Director: Derek Sullivan
- Ad Production Manager: Tiffany Knight
- ^ impactnews.com "Issue 1, Vol 4". Community Impact Newspaper, Northwest Austin Edition. 26 February 2010. http://www.impactnews.com/ impactnews.com.
- ^ "Company History". http://impactnews.com/contact-us/about-us. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- ^ "2008 Better Newspaper Contest Winners". http://www.nna.org/eweb/dynamicpage.aspx?webcode=bncwinnersa2008.
- ^ "2008 Better Newspaper Advertising Contest Winners: Best Use of Ad Colo". http://www.nna.org/eweb/dynamicpage.aspx?webcode=bnacwinner200806. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- ^ Business Insider - The Wire. April 25, 2010. http://www.businessinsider.com/check-out-10-of-the-fastest-growing-private-media-companies-in-the-us-2010-. Retrieved 31 August 2010.
- ^ 
- ^ 
- ^ Colletti, Shannon (March 5, 2010). "Concordia University Awards Publisher Excellence in Leadership Award". http://impactnews.com/lake-travis-westlake/453-recent-news/7326-concordia-awards-publisher-as-2010-excellence-in-leadership-gala-honoree-. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- ^ "Congratulations to 2010 Silver Spur Award Winners". http://www.tpra.com/. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- ^ "NNA awards General Excellence winners in 2010 newspaper contests". National Newspapaer Association magazine. October 2, 2010. http://www.nnaweb.org/?/nnaweb/nnanews02/1922/. Retrieved 31 August 2010.
- ^ http://impactnews.com/contact-us/follow-us/facebook
- ^ http://impactnews.com/contact-us/follow-us/facebook
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Community journalism — Journalism News · Writing style Ethics · Objectivity Values · … Wikipedia
Newspaper — Front page of The New York Times on Armistice Day, November 11, 1918 … Wikipedia
British African-Caribbean community — For Caribbeans in the UK of Indian origin, see British Indo Caribbean community. British African Caribbean (British Afro Caribbean) Total population UK, 2001: 565,900 … Wikipedia
Free daily newspaper — Free daily newspapers trace their history back to the 1940s when Walnut Creek, California publisher Dean Lesher began what is widely believed to be the first free daily, now known as the Contra Costa Times . In the 1960s, he converted that… … Wikipedia
Online newspaper — Journalism News · Writing style Ethics · Objectivity Values · … Wikipedia
Northampton Community College — Motto Where are YOU going? Established 1967 Type Community College Endowment … Wikipedia
Basketball at Lake City Community College — The first season of intercollegiate basketball at Lake City Community College (LCCC) was played during the 1962 1963 school year. For north Florida residents who are baby boomers, when the word basketball and LCCC are mentioned, the name, Joe… … Wikipedia
Morning Star (UK newspaper) — The Morning Star Type Daily newspaper Format Tabloid Owner People s Press Printing Society … Wikipedia
The Post (Ohio newspaper) — John Calhoun Baker University Center, where the newspaper is located Type Daily newspaper Format Broadsheet … Wikipedia
Northeast Kingdom Community Action — Type Non Profit Industry social services Founded 1964 (Orleans County, Vermont, Caledonia County, and Essex County) Headquarters … Wikipedia