- Commanding General, United States Army Training and Doctrine Command
United States Army Training
and Doctrine Command
GEN Robert W. Cone
Since: April 29, 2011
First GEN William E. DePuy Formation July 1, 1973 Website Official Website
The Commanding General of United States Army Training and Doctrine Command (CG TRADOC) is the head of United States Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC). They head approximately 27,000 soldiers and 11,000 civilians who work at 21 installations across the continental United States. As commander, one of their main duties is to study a number of ideas and initiatives as outlined in previous TRADOC Campaign Plans and create a plan of action for the future. Implementations made can affect TRADOC's 32 schools as well as other training throughout the United States Army. The current Commanding General is General Robert W. Cone who has held this position since April 29, 2011.
List of TRADOC Commanding Generals
Name Photo Term began Term ended 1. GEN William E. DePuy July 1, 1973 June 30, 1977 2. GEN Donn A. Starry July 1, 1977 July 31, 1981 3. GEN Glenn K. Otis August 1, 1981 March 10, 1983 4. GEN William R. Richardson March 11, 1983 June 29, 1986 5. GEN Carl E. Vuono June 30, 1986 June 11, 1987 6. GEN Maxwell R. Thurman June 29, 1987 August 1, 1989 7. GEN John W. Foss August 2, 1989 August 22, 1991 8. GEN Frederick M. Franks, Jr. August 23, 1991 October 26, 1994 9. GEN William W. Hartzog October 27, 1994 September 13, 1998 10. GEN John N. Abrams September 14, 1998 November 6, 2002 11. GEN Kevin P. Byrnes November 7, 2002 August 8, 2005 (Acting) LTG Anthony R. Jones August 9, 2005 October 12, 2005 12. GEN William S. Wallace October 13, 2005 December 7, 2008 13. GEN Martin E. Dempsey December 8, 2008 April 11, 2011 (Acting) LTG John E. Sterling, Jr. April 11, 2011 April 28, 2011 14. GEN Robert W. Cone April 29, 2011 Incumbent
- ^ Unknown (April 27, 2011). "TRADOC Organization". www.tradoc.army.mil. United States Army Training and Doctrine Command. http://www.tradoc.army.mil/orgchart.htm. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- ^ ADMIN (May 3, 2011). "Cone takes aim at future as new TRADOC commander". South Carolina Military News. South Carolina National Guard. http://scmilitarynews.com/2011/05/03/cone-takes-aim-at-future-as-new-tradoc-commander/. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- ^ Unknown (June 7, 2011). "About TRADOC". www.tradoc.army.mil. United States Army Training and Doctrine Command. http://www.tradoc.army.mil/about.htm. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- ^ Unknown (July 27, 2011). "TRADOC Focus Areas". www.tradoc.army.mil. United States Army Training and Doctrine Command. http://www.tradoc.army.mil/CG%20TRADOC%20Priorities.htm. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- ^ Unknown (April 29, 2011). "General Robert W. Cone". www.tradoc.army.mil. United States Army Training and Doctrine Command. http://www.tradoc.army.mil/Bio.htm. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
commandsArmy CommandsService ComponentsDirect Reporting UnitsField ArmiesBranches
Acquistion Corps · Adjutant General's Corps · Air Defense Artillery Branch · Armor Branch · Aviation Branch · Army Band · Chaplain Corps · Chemical Corps · Civil Affairs Corps · Corps of Engineers · Dental Corps · Field Artillery Corps · Finance Corps · Infantry Branch · Inspector General's Corps · Judge Advocate General's Corps · Logistics Branch · Medical Corps · Medical Service Corps · Medical Specialist Corps · Military Intelligence Corps · Military Police Corps · Nurse Corps · Ordnance Corps · Psychological Operations Corps · Quartermaster Corps · Signal Corps · Special Forces · Transportation Corps · Veterinary Corps
Installations Training Uniforms and insignia Equipment History and traditionsHistory · Continental Army · National Army · Army of the United States · United States Army Air Forces · Center of Military History · Institute of Heraldry · America's Army · Army Art Program · Army Band · Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps · Flag · National Museum · Rangers · Soldier's Creed · The Army Goes Rolling Along · Draft · Service numbers Leadership
- Commander-in-chief: President of the United States
- Secretary of Defense
- Deputy Secretary of Defense
- Joint Chiefs of Staff (Chairman)
- United States Congress: Committees on Armed Services:
- Active duty four-star officers
- Highest ranking officers in history
- National Security Act of 1947
- Goldwater–Nichols Act
OrganizationBranchesReserve components Structure Operations and history PersonnelTrainingOther
- Creeds & Codes:
- Service numbers:
- Military Occupational Specialty/Rating/Air Force Specialty Code
- Uniform Code of Military Justice
- Judge Advocate General's Corps
- Military Health System/TRICARE
- Veterans Affairs
- Chiefs of Chaplains:
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
United States Army Training and Doctrine Command — TRADOC Schulterabzeichen des TRADOC Aufstellung … Deutsch Wikipedia
Commanding General, United States Army Forces Command — Commanding General United States Army Forces Command Incumbent: GEN David M. Rodriguez Since: September 12, 2011 … Wikipedia
Commanding General, United States Army Europe — Commander in Chief United States Army Europe Incumbent: LTG Mark P. Hertling Since: July 22, 2011 First Fo … Wikipedia
United States Army Combined Arms Center — U.S. Army Combined Arms Center Flag Active 1 July 1973–present Country … Wikipedia
United States Army Basic Training — (also known as Initial Entry Training or IET) is the program of physical and mental training required in order for an individual to become a soldier in the United States Army, United States Army Reserve, or Army National Guard. It is carried… … Wikipedia
United States Army — Department of the Army United States Army Department of the Army Emblem Act … Wikipedia
United States Army Command and General Staff College — U.S. Army Command General Staff College USAC GS Coat of Arms Active 1881 Present Country … Wikipedia
United States Army Material Command — Schulterabzeichen des Army Army Materiel Command Das United States Army Materiel Command (AMC, dt. „Heereskommando für Ausrüstung“) ist eines von drei Heereskommandos auf Armeeebene und ein Major Command der US Army. Es ist verantwortlich für die … Deutsch Wikipedia
United States Army Reserve — Seal of the US Army Reserve Active 23 April 1908 present Country … Wikipedia
United States Army Materiel Command — AMC Schulterabzeichen des Army Army Materiel Command Auf … Deutsch Wikipedia